The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Memories

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old June 26th, 2018 (5:54 PM).

Does anyone remember their first shiny pokemon and if so what was it?
    Old June 30th, 2018 (12:32 PM).
    → Bidoof is Pretty Rad

Nature: Relaxed
    I've actually never encountered a shiny pokemon, I'm sure I have some due to action replay but I've yet to get a shiny legitimately.

Maybe someday!
    Old June 30th, 2018 (12:33 PM). Edited June 30th, 2018 by Abby.
    #freecoffee

Nature: Quirky
    Shiny Pokemon are not NORMAL! They have been proven to be caused by an imperfection in the video game cartridge. You should not have any memory of them, apart from those of you destroying the cartridge.

BAN

SHINY

POKEMON
    Old June 30th, 2018 (12:41 PM).
    ╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭

Nature: Quirky
      first shiny was Gyarados in Lake of Rage, Pokémon Gold :>

Old June 30th, 2018 (1:01 PM).
      Life is a game, a game with shitty reward system.

Nature: Relaxed
      Shiny are propaganda created by nintendo to force me to buy their games past gen 1!
      #notoshinies #notmypokemon #gen1bestgen

“THE KILLER IS... YOU!”
      Old June 30th, 2018 (1:16 PM).
      The Unyielding Flame

Nature: Adamant
      It was a random Krabby in a cave in Silver on the GBC.

"I'm a talking cat."
      Old June 30th, 2018 (3:18 PM). Edited June 30th, 2018 by VisionofMilotic.

Nature: Serious
      My first ever shiny was the Red Gyarados when I first played Pokemon Gold as a wee tot. I imagine that this is so for many people. The plotline of the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage was my favorite part of gen 2, and I added that bad boy to my team! He took me to the pokemon league and was a full-time partner in crime for me. Gyarados still has one of the most striking shinies ever.

At that time I did not grasp the concept of shiny pokemon. I thought of the red Gyarados as an anomaly like the crystal Onix in the anime. I did not realize that there were other red gyarados out there in the waters, let alone did I understand that every pokemon had a shiny form that I might randomly encounter. My innocence at that time makes me worry now if I may have overlooked shiny pokemon that crossed my path in those days, especially if they had more subtle color changes!!

My most recent memory of a shiny Pokemon is yesterday. I found a shiny ponyta last evening after only 84 encounters. I am overjoyed to have found Fiorio and added him to my family. His evolution Rapidash is quite possibly my favorite shiny after Milotic. Its just looks like heaven to behold with the smoky, cloud-like mane.

Name: Narcissus
      Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
      Old June 30th, 2018 (3:24 PM).
      The Unyielding Flame

Quote:
      Originally Posted by VisionofMilotic View Post
      My first ever shiny was the Red Gyarados when I first played Pokemon Gold as a wee tot. I imagine that this is so for many people. The plotline of the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage was my favorite part of gen 2, and I added that bad boy to my team! He took me to the pokemon league and was a full-time partner in crime for me. Gyarados still has one of the most striking shinies ever.

At that time I did not grasp the concept of shiny pokemon. I thought of the red Gyarados as an anomaly like the crystal Onix in the anime. I did not realize that there were other red gyarados out there in the waters, let alone did I understand that every pokemon had a shiny form that I might randomly encounter. My innocence at that time makes me worry now if I may have overlooked shiny pokemon that crossed my path in those days, especially if they had more subtle color changes!!

My most recent memory of a shiny Pokemon is yesterday. I found a shiny ponyta last evening after only 84 encounters. I am overjoyed to have found Fiorio and added him to my family. His evolution Rapidash is quite possibly my favorite shiny after Milotic. Its just looks like heaven to behold with the smoky, cloud-like mane.
      That is exactly what I thought too. It was a real one of a kind Pokemon. Since I too saw the anime first.

Would've been way cooler if it was, I think.

I found that before Krabby, because game, but I don't count it as it's intended to be shiny. Not a very memorable answer to say "My first was the same as everyone else's that was intended to be" so I instead went with my first truly random encounter.

"I'm a talking cat."
      Old July 1st, 2018 (4:58 AM). Edited July 1st, 2018 by VisionofMilotic.

Nature: Serious
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
      That is exactly what I thought too. It was a real one of a kind Pokemon. Since I too saw the anime first.

Would've been way cooler if it was, I think.

I found that before Krabby, because game, but I don't count it as it's intended to be shiny. Not a very memorable answer to say "My first was the same as everyone else's that was intended to be" so I instead went with my first truly random encounter.
      It definitely would have been dramatic if that Gyarados was the only one of his kind.

Since shiny pokemon are no longer determined by a swap with the next color in the game's code, but actively designed now it would be interesting if Game Freak created a new shiny for Gyarados, and left the red Gyarados indeed as an unexplained mystery of the past of the pokemon world like Crystal Onix or Pink Butterfree.

So did you try to catch that shiny krabby? Its a real nice shiny with that gold tone. Speaking of nice-looking, I see somebody has another stylish avvie today!
      :)

Name: Narcissus
      Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
      Old July 1st, 2018 (6:46 AM). Edited July 9th, 2018 by Enpatsu Shakugan.
      The Unyielding Flame

Quote:
      Originally Posted by VisionofMilotic View Post
      It definitely would have been dramatic if that Gyarados was the only one of his kind.

Since shiny pokemon are no longer determined by a swap with the next color in the game's code, but actively designed now it would be interesting if Game Freak created a new shiny for Gyarados, and left the red Gyarados indeed as an unexplained mystery of the past of the pokemon world like Crystal Onix or Pink Butterfree.

So did you try to catch that shiny krabby? Its a real nice shiny with that gold tone. Speaking of nice-looking, I see somebody has another stylish avvie today!
      :)
      It's a little late for them to do that, but yeah, that is certainly the approach they should've taken. Tsk, tsk...

Sadly, no, it got away. I think I messed up trying and it fainted. To be fair, in gen II, shiny Krabby was uuuugly.

It was basically just toilet water brown. Ew. I recall Ratatta being the same way.

Haha, you pick up fast! Well I'm back on the Team Magma skin, the beautiful crimson board, so I needed something red again. :P

Glad someone with such great taste approves!

"I'm a talking cat."
      Old July 1st, 2018 (6:50 AM).
      Wayfarer

Nature: Brave
        A shiny Tapu Koko in Pokémon Sun.
        Old July 1st, 2018 (8:47 AM).

Shiny Trapinch in XY, I really didn't care actually and just stuffed it in a box, that's pretty much all the memories I have. Never ran into shinies in any other gen. except II but II had the easy odd egg and mandatory shiny gyarados.
          Old July 1st, 2018 (9:14 AM).