• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#NaNoWriMo2019

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
So, are you doing it this year? What is your project? Do you think you'll be able to reach your goal? What do you think of the new website layout?

I'm doing the same one I've always done. I don't know why I do... just routine, I guess. Sadly, the enw NaNo caused everyone to lose their buddies... so if you want to add others or to be added, make sure you post your profile here! I do like the current layout, but I also liked the old one. I'm on the fence, and I'm also wondering how the current bugs will affect the new version.

Anyway, my profile is here if you want to add me. :3

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Might decide to join this time and try to finish my idea for an Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfic. Been meaning to give Zuko an actually decent girlfriend and the ideas are coming along really well. Figure I should try! :3

https://nanowrimo.org/participants/cici-sama

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Might decide to join this time and try to finish my idea for an Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfic. Been meaning to give Zuko an actually decent girlfriend and the ideas are coming along really well. Figure I should try! :3

https://nanowrimo.org/participants/cici-sama

Ohhhhh! Interesting. :3 I always liked Zuko. I'm not sure why now... it's been a while since I've heard him.

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ohhhhh! Interesting. :3 I always liked Zuko. I'm not sure why now... it's been a while since I've heard him.

Oh, he's great, I adore him and his character. He's so complex and interesting, and it sucks that they didn't give him a good partner. Sokka and Suki are amazing, I like Aang and Katara together, and honestly I love that Toph don't need no man, that is so her. But Mai and Zuko? That relationship sucked from the beginning. And it was the most boring one, too. Wow, two people from the Fire Nation got together. And they're both angsty. Amazing. But I won't rant too long about how much I dislike their relationship -- that didn't even last, btw! Poor Zuko! He's still alone in the comics, which are canon, which is awful because he deserves love, too. :( So much drama in their relationship for no reason. So I aim to fix that complete and utter injustice. Love you, Zuko, you deserve better! ♥♥

Bay

Years
All right, bumping this thread since Nano started yesterday! So, how are your guys' progress so far? Last night I did only between 300-400 words, and today none due to me out from my home twice haha. Hope you guys did better than me.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
I'm doing a Kinda-Wrimo challenge this year (where I bend the NaNo rules a bit) starring the main cast (including Sword/Shield Hero and Heroine and the new anime co-stars) as a troupe of performers that perform Pokemonized fairy tales and folk tales, Pokemonized classic tales, and new stories inspired or based on myth and folklore.

Bay

Years
I'm doing a Kinda-Wrimo challenge this year (where I bend the NaNo rules a bit) starring the main cast (including Sword/Shield Hero and Heroine and the new anime co-stars) as a troupe of performers that perform Pokemonized fairy tales and folk tales, Pokemonized classic tales, and new stories inspired or based on myth and folklore.

Oh, sounds interesting! I know you love to do those kind of stories there. Only thing I worry about is we don't know how the Sword/Shield characters, both game and anime, will be like so your characterization might be different from both of those canon. Otherwise, I wish you luck!

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Can someone explain to me what this contest is/consists of?

It stands for National Novel Writing Month. It happens every November and doesn't necessarily have to be part of the contests that are held for it! It's just a time for writers to sit down and really focus on projects they have in their head, or to start something brand new, or even to rework and finish something a bit older. I've always seen it as a way to inspire the writing community to do what they do best: create!

Your literature can be poems, novels, novellas, short stories, or really anything, though most people like to stick with novels or novellas and knock a bigger project out of the way. It's a time to socialize, write, and enjoy the company of your fellow writers! Seems like plenty of people here do Pokémon related fanfictions for their NaNoWriMo but it can be anything you want. Any kind of fanfiction or original fiction or non-fiction; just do what you love for the month of November and see how far you can get! Or you can be ambitious and join in the contests, of which there are usually many circulating around.

As for how my progress is going, I've got the first 10 chapters done and revised them a few times. I'm sure I'll revise them again when the story gets finished since I'll have newly undiscovered details I'll probably want to add. But for now, I'm pretty happy with my progress. Just need to get back into it since life forced me to take a week's break.

Last edited:
Back