• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 5, 2019
I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
The following glitches are fixed:
A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.

hi! is it posible that the file is not working?? i clicked the link you provided, but the file is not working. my gba emulator doesn't read it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 5, 2019
What you have is like a batteries-not-included version of the game. You need to apply the patch you downloaded onto a FireRed rom. See a tutorial such as this one-

thanks! i followed the tutorial and "installed" the patch. but now, the game doesn't even run... i try to open it and the following notification appears

"unsupported BIOS function f3 called from 08891190. a BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour."

do you know how to fix this? is there a tutorial en the forum? sorry to bother, but i'm new at this and i'm kinda' struggling with it. (note: before this the game was running smoothly)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've created an account here just to report a new bug.

In Slowpoke Well's B1F, you "can get a lot of" Rain Dance. Item pokeballs was replaced by NPC trainers, and one of two appears repeatedly; everytime player calls him, it returns a Rain Dance TM.

---------------------------------

Other thing that's not a bug, but... Is possible to fix volume sound from Zel's themes (Cherrygrove City and Lighthouse)? Are really louder than others used ingame.

The Slowpoke Well glitch is the only thing I can fix for now, so I have fixed that.

I don't know what to do to get past the ghosts on both sides of Cerulean City, as that is hindering my progress. So any help would be appreciated.

You have to finish the events in Sliph Co. and go back to Ecruteak City to find Morty in the Burned Tower first.

I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
The following things are added by me:
Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

A glitch which was found in Slowpoke Well was fixed. If the changes I have made cause any other glitches, please tell me, even though I believe it won't cause any other glitches since I didn't change too many things.
The old download link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
Two new bugs found:
— BERRY POUCH ever empty, even if you pick one from trees or gain it in National Park Contest;
— TM CASE turns only with HMs sometimes, it "fixes" when you buy or get a new TM/HM overworld.

I'm testing this hack slowly on my way commuting every day, and it never happened to me.
Would you mind telling us at what point did these glitches occur?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Again, is there a possibility to add PSS to this hack?
Sorry, but I wish to preserve the old feeling of this hack, so I never add new features or change what the creator had done to the hacks I have fixed.

The following things are added by me:
Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

In the previous patch, it was possible that you can fly to Pallet Town before you go there, I did something to have it fixed, but I'm not sure if this patch can completely fix this, if you have encountered this glitch, please tell me, thanks.
Edit: Jiangzhengwenjz made it possible to fly to Cherrygrove City, and he fixed the wrong flying positions in the game. And this update wouldn't be possible without Mastermind_X's tutorial, thank Mastermind_X for the helpful world map tutorial.
The old link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2019
Can someone explain to me why the creator of Shiny Gold Sigma get shunned and banned from the site for "not getting Zel's blessing" yet hacksrepairman does the same thing (and puts in about 1% of the work) and everyone worships him as a hero?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Can someone explain to me why the creator of Shiny Gold Sigma get shunned and banned from the site for "not getting Zel's blessing" yet hacksrepairman does the same thing (and puts in about 1% of the work) and everyone worships him as a hero?

The main reason Shiny Gold Sigma got banned was because the creator was asking for donations. There was screenshot evidence as well. It's illegal to make money off ROM Hacks.

Years

why not visit dark violet as wel,l you can find what he did there :)

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today

SGS author: claiming a modified ROM (which is mainly done by Game Freak and Zel 2.0) as a new hack with a new name, begging money for bug fix (and even with donation he still did poor work on this, sadly. It's mainly because Zel's ROM itself is never in a stable state and has too many bugs and one won't be able to solve these without solid ASM and debugging knowledge).

hacksrepairman: no credit needed, trying not to change too much done by Zel and focusing on bug fix to make old hacks actually playable, and his version is not even in the main post.

Discussion about legitimacy is probably non sense here, because ROM Hacking itself is done on top of Game Freak's work and is definitely illegal. However, asking for profit (what's worse: with massive other ppl's work) is usually considered ignominious for obvious reason. In a nutshell, ppl are expected to show respect to other ppl's work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
SGS author: claiming a modified ROM (which is mainly done by Game Freak and Zel 2.0) as a new hack with a new name, begging money for bug fix (and even with donation he still did poor work on this, sadly. It's mainly because Zel's ROM itself is never in a stable state and has too many bugs and one won't be able to solve these without solid ASM and debugging knowledge).

hacksrepairman: no credit needed, trying not to change too much done by Zel and focusing on bug fix to make old hacks actually playable, and his version is not even in the main post.

Discussion about legitimacy is probably non sense here, because ROM Hacking itself is done on top of Game Freak's work and is definitely illegal. However, asking for profit (what's worse: with massive other ppl's work) is usually considered ignominious for obvious reason. In a nutshell, ppl are expected to show respect to other ppl's work.

This. I couldn't agree more with what you've brought up here. I find it incomprehensible that someone could sympathize with the Shiny Gold Sigma creator on this, he and hackrepairman are on two opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to members of this community.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 4, 2022
Hello hacksrepairman, just wanted to say thank you for finishing up a huge part of my early adolescence. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple minor things. They're not gamebreaking bugs just minor errors.

- A couple trainer's names (up til Violet City at least, that's where I'm at) are a lil messed up. Most have names with an exclamation point at the end, but two trainers are named "1/trainer1" and "2/trainer1" respectively
- The going up/down stairs animation is a lil iffy. Your character still walks over the stairs before it moves to the next area

Like I said, pretty minor, but wanted to grab your attention. Thanks again!

Articful

Shiny Umbreon
Years
I am so happy that Shiny Gold, is actually complete. The fans have waited 12 Years. I am sure Zel, and Team would be extremely happy. Thanks HacksRepairMan + Helpers.
Also I am happy that it is a, Fully Completed GSC Remake on Gen 3, with very minor; smart changes! This is the most pure, actually completed remake, that exists! Job well done!

Last edited:
Years
Still the best GSC Rom Hack forever, cause it is simple not like Liquid Crystal with all the added stuff nothing to do with original game. I think a have to play again this game, really lovely to play a hack with nostalgica feeling only without all the added things around. :-)

Burtle

Discord: Burtle#6904
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
This hack is such an inspiration to me and the rest of the ROM hacking community

This is really the hack that launched the interest in Pokemon hacking for a lot of hackers

It's a shame this got used for another hack not-to-be-named that so blatantly ripped it off

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Probably late to the party but repairman you're an absolute legend. This is the first hack I played way back in 2008-2009, and to see that it's completed is gonna make me play it again.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I agree. I played Sigma and even without the scandal it didn't seem as nostalgic, or at least didn't seem the same.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2019
SGS author: claiming a modified ROM (which is mainly done by Game Freak and Zel 2.0) as a new hack with a new name

What? "Shiny Gold" is literally right in the title of "Shiny Gold Sigma", he's never once tried to claim it wasn't an edited version of Shiny Gold.

I just find it so dumb that the SGS creator gets so much crap just because he "has the nerve" to actually finish a hack as opposed to abandoning it like everybody else in this community.

Back