• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Was R/B/G/Y your first game?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Yes, I started with Pokemon blue. The story on how I got the game is sad and lonely. A story I will not share publicly in any forum. But know that this game practically saved my life.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
My first Pokémon game was Blue version. I had been watching the anime for a few weeks and liked it so much that I had to get my hands on the game. What I really enjoyed about playing Pokémon back then was that the cartoon was so accurate to the game (or as close as it could get), so following the show as you played actually helped you with battle strategies. Unfortunately now the show just doesn't follow the games as well. I've grown tired of Team Rocket and I really wish they'd go away.

Anyway, that was my first experience with Pokémon. It was good times back then.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My first game was Red. I first got into Pokémon one summer when I bought some of the trading cards so that I could join in with other people at the summer camp I was attending (the camp was really poorly run, so there wasn't much to do, and campers spent an inordinate amount of time trading/admiring Pokémon cards). A couple of weeks later, I started watching the anime and bought Red Version. The rest was history.

Years
Pokemon Yellow was my first but I can't remember what year I played the game in... probably in-between 2000-2001

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I started during the R/B/Y generation (Blue was the first game I bought, wanted Red but store didn't have it). Then I gradually got the next releases as I grew older. Started from age 9 and now I'm 22 and waiting for Pokemon Y which I already pre-ordered and paid full amount for. As much as the games have added new "features" and "improvements" I still feel like the first 2 gens (R/B/Y and G/S/C) were my favorite.

Years
Mine was Pokemon Yellow around 2000-2001. And it was sad, because the file itself was corrupted. You had to hit save a lot of times and on the 13th one it will save, sometimes. :(

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I really wanted to start playing in generation 1. But back then my parents didn't want to buy me a GameBoy for some odd reason. It wasn't until Christmas of 2001 that my grandparents gave me a GameBoy as a present and my aunt and uncle got my Pokemon Gold. I am forever grateful.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Nope, but Red was my second game, yeah. Too much superstitions I had then, like "catch a Pokémon if it gives you a status problem, or else you'll lose the next battle".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2016
I got Pokemon Blue as my first game. And then got it again later that year for my Birthday. Lol.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
In kindergarten I played Yellow all the time. My teacher had a copy and it was so fun! We never saved the game, though, so we always had to start from the beginning.

Years
I finished Yellow for the first time today!!! I still have to catch them all, but I beat the Elite Four for the first time on Yellow (not my first game though) with the strongest Pokemon on level 56 ( Dewgong and Nidoking). wooot

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
No they weren't.
I started playing Pokémon in August 2008, so Explorers of Darkness became my big entree into Pokémon gaming.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Interesting, what made you play EoD first instead of another Pokégame?

Well, actually it was a coincidence.
I had to choose between Diamond or EoD Darkness, and I chose Darkness for these reasons:

-The boxart looked great. (Was still a noob then.)
-The in-game screenshots were catchy.
-Diamond just looked boring in my first opinion.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Well, actually it was a coincidence.
I had to choose between Diamond or EoD Darkness, and I chose Darkness for these reasons:

-The boxart looked great. (Was still a noob then.)
-The in-game screenshots were catchy.
-Diamond just looked boring in my first opinion.

Oh okay :D

I would probably do the same if given the choice unknowingly tbh

Back