• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
My first Pokemon game was Diamond. Relatively late in the series, but whatever. I absolutely loved getting through Mt. Coronet, ignoring the Golbats and Galactic Grunts. Dialga was my first ever legendary, and I've always found Dialga cool since I first met it.

Last edited:
Years
It was probably Pokémon Stadium actually but my first hand-held game experience was on Silver :) The copy belonged to my brother and he let me train up a couple of his team cause I think he'd got sick of grinding lol, then after he was done with his file he let me start my own game and OH MY WORD, what a game to start on lol :) After that I went back and got Yellow and have played pretty much ever since :)

Years
That would be Yellow; I was a bit late to the party, but oh well. I got it the year it was released along with a GBC...and then I was tormented by Brock for months until I got Red for my birthday, finished it, and traded over my level 100 Blastoise to finally beat him and blaze through the rest of the game with it and my level 40something Pikachu (how I still wasn't able to beat Brock with it being at that level, I will never know).

I still have it and last I checked, it still works.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My first game was Red. Even though Blue is my favorite color, and Blastoise is my favorite Pokémon (and I knew I wanted one before getting my game), I opted for Red because that's what all of my friends had (I was pretty late getting into Pokémon, so everyone else already owned it). Evidently, we missed the whole idea of getting different versions to trade for version exclusives and the like. I got into Pokémon over the summer, and saved up to get Red in August. (Actually, my mom said that if I counted and rolled her change for her, I could use whatever money I counted to get the game. I think she thought I'd get bored relatively quickly, but I went through all of the change she had [lots of pennies!], and only had to pay a few dollars out-of-pocket.)

I started my game, picked up my Squirtle, and headed out of Pallet Town on that fateful day nearly fifteen years ago. It's been an amazing journey ever since.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2014
What was your first game and why did you buy it

mine was fire red when i was 4 is i never heard of pokemon before but i saw the charizard on the box and i said i had to get it it was my first game besides what was bundled with the ds (the old one with such a dim lit screen)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
The first Pokémon game I played was the Red version my parents gave my younger brother for his 9th birthday. Being his big brother and the one with the most gaming experience in the house, I was the one tasked with helping him whenever he got stuck. XD

I got a Blue version of my own later that year at Christmas because of how much I loved the game. :P

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Yellow was my first game ever! My parents got it for me, along with the Gameboy Color, for Christmas. They probably regret it XD

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
My first Pokemon game was the original Red, which I played when I was around 3-4 o.o I somehow got it from my older brother, don't really know how he got it... but whatever. I remember that I first chose Squirtle, and, after time, I stuck with Charmander lol

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Ah, Pokemon Sapphire. Funny story though.

Originally, I wanted the newest games that where out... which at the time where Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team!

I wanted to get Blue Rescue Team, because blue is my favorite color, and it was on the DS and it just felt like it would be better... and yeah. Oh, and did I mention I wanted it for my birthday in January?

Oh yeah, I got a Pokemon game for my birthday, and was some sort of blue. but it wasn't Blue Rescue Team. It was Sapphire. Somehow my dad mixed it up. I was pissed for a while, but I eventually spent enough time playing it that I got hooked.

a few months later, Diamond and Pearl came out. I was gonna get Diamond, but switched to Pearl at the last minute, pretty much starting my tradition of always getting the second version.

Never did get Blue Rescue Team...

Last edited:
Years
My first ever Pokemon game was Silver, and I loved it. Don't remember if I ever completed the game, but I know that I was hooked. I had come in contact with the franchise thanks to one of my childhood friends' coloring books that I tampered with while at their house. I'm glad my parents bought me Silver, because if they didn't I'm not sure I'd be into Pokemon as much as I am now. :]

Back