• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
62 spheal eggs and nothing yet :)
Maybe I should just go with radar...

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
At 887 eggs hatched now and still no shiny.. Seriously considering giving up :[

Dude, no. I'm over 1000 eggs in and I'm not giving up. We're...not giving up. We're way too deep in at this point and we deserve our shiny. This has been a message from your local Masuda Method Breeding support group.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I thought they had made shiny breeding easier this generation...doesn't sound like it...
I wish the B2W2 breeding items were in this game...it'll be so much faster to get an egg, or to get a shiny depending on which one one is using.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
500 or so eggs still yet to see that Shiny Noibat u__u but i shall have it.... one day >.> then to get Furfrou....

Vanish

Poof
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I thought they had made shiny breeding easier this generation...doesn't sound like it...
I wish the B2W2 breeding items were in this game...it'll be so much faster to get an egg, or to get a shiny depending on which one one is using.

The nursery items? Sure, but with Flame Body and Hatching O-Power it's not that bad.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
9 boxes in and still no shiny Fennekin. Taking a break to actually do things in-game, like catching Pokémon for the PokéDex.

Years
Dude, no. I'm over 1000 eggs in and I'm not giving up. We're...not giving up. We're way too deep in at this point and we deserve our shiny. This has been a message from your local Masuda Method Breeding support group.

lolol, guess ill keep trying then. i hope gastly comes sooner when i decide to hunt for it, though >.>

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
If even one of us gives up on hatching our shiny then we've all failed! Watch some anime while you ride your bike back and forth hatching, listen to some nostalgic music, stay optimistic! Masuda wouldn't screw us over after all the work we've put into hatching at this point.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
And then I found out the Radar doesn't work in Safari zones...
Sigh, back to more eggs it is then :P

Edit:
90 eggs hatched, no shiny yet, but still going!
I could use some help from our local support group!!!!
99 is shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
And then I found out the Radar doesn't work in Safari zones...
Sigh, back to more eggs it is then :P

Edit:
90 eggs hatched, no shiny yet, but still going!
I could use some help from our local support group!!!!
99 is shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

See what we can achieve when we believe? Supporting each other is the only way we're going to keep it together through this. I've got a good feeling about the next box of Duskull I'll be hatching!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
im about 8 into my abra!! will let you guys know if I get it!
Also have some Modest Abra if anyone wants to trade.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
I have a question dealing with this. Say i hatch out a shiny froakie. If i breed that shiny froakie to a ditto from another region, do i have an even higher chance to hatching more shiny froakies to shoot for a better nature? Bred with a shiny gives a higher chance of hatching a shiney (if im not mistaken), as well as breeding with another region....so i think it would work, but idk if it stacks like that. This is really my first dealings with the Masuda method though, so if anyone knows it'd be helpful.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
It might be too late, but I finally finished that example photo I took of my screen.

When doing the Masuda Method, make sure you have the black box circled in the corner, otherwise you might have a pokémon from your region in another language and it won't work (if it still does work anyway).

My husband got a Ditto with a Japanese name but there's no "JPN" box on his like there is with mine. So I took a pic of my JPN region ditto and my US region ditto.

It doesn't matter what language it's in anymore, apparently, just make sure it's got a region tag or it probably won't qualify for the Masuda Method :)

1375687_10200833722592894_784503987_n.jpg

Last edited:
Years
I have a question dealing with this. Say i hatch out a shiny froakie. If i breed that shiny froakie to a ditto from another region, do i have an even higher chance to hatching more shiny froakies to shoot for a better nature? Bred with a shiny gives a higher chance of hatching a shiney (if im not mistaken), as well as breeding with another region....so i think it would work, but idk if it stacks like that. This is really my first dealings with the Masuda method though, so if anyone knows it'd be helpful.

Breeding a shiny doesn't increase the odds of a shiny, it did in generation 2 but hasn't since then (if I'm not mistaken).

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
It might a little bit of off-topic, but i'm curious what you guys methods are while trying to hatch a masuda shiny; do you collect eggs in your PC boxes and hatch it later in one go, or hatch it as soon as you receive one and continue with that cycle from there? Or is it something else?

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
It might a little bit of off-topic, but i'm curious what you guys methods are while trying to hatch a masuda shiny; do you collect eggs in your PC boxes and hatch it later in one go, or hatch it as soon as you receive one and continue with that cycle from there? Or is it something else?

What I do is empty my party except for Slugma while riding back and forth on my bicycle. Usually I'll have 4 or 5 eggs in my party before any hatch, then when one does hatch I'll go into the daycare and deposit the little critter. 5 times out of 10 there will be another egg waiting to be picked up and take it's place. I kind of just repeat this cycle over and over again.

Back