The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon
I hope Poke Ride stays for future games

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Alola, and welcome to the Alola region, Trainer! This is the forum for the first games of the seventh generation, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Are you Team Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio? Do you prefer Solgaleo or Lunala? How do you feel about Alola forms? Talk about those and more here!

Old January 10th, 2017 (1:42 PM).

Nature: Quiet
I really think that Poke Ride is a genius move by Game Freak to not only eliminate HMs altogether, but to also keep the "Pokemon" spirit by allowing you to ride Pokemon in place of those particular HMs. I am concerned about what this means for future games, though. It seems like Poke Ride is an Alola specific thing, but I hope it isn't, I dunno.

Do you want something like this to be kept for future generations? Am I the only one with this concern?

we're living limitless

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 10th, 2017 (1:44 PM).

I hope they keep it too, HMs suuuuuuuuuuuck

but knowing game freak they'll just revert every other good feature introduced in Sun/Moon in future games like they always do
Old January 10th, 2017 (1:59 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I'm hoping it is carried out in future games, the removal of HMs has been long overdue and the Poké Ride system is the perfect replacement.

Idk how they'd go to working Poké Ride into DP remakes considering how Sinnoh already has the roadblocks that require HMs to pass (namely Defog and Rock Climb).
Old January 10th, 2017 (2:02 PM).
Fighting a bigger fight

I would like PokeRide to never leave but I'm afraid it's going to turn out to be a SM regional thing :/

Old January 10th, 2017 (2:06 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Idk how they'd go to working Poké Ride into DP remakes considering how Sinnoh already has the roadblocks that require HMs to pass (namely Defog and Rock Climb).
Easily. Rowan would just tell the player to stop being a wimp and get things done themselves. "If a big rock is in your way, smash it or push it yourself. If you see a rocky wall, climb it yourself. Fog? Blow it away yourself. You are an embarrassment to Trainers everywhere if you can't do such simple tasks."

Aside from DPP remakes I'd kind of like for Poké Ride to just be... simpler. I mean I'm not against Poké Ride returning full-out but that seems... unlikely. But if there was, say, a new "Ride Ball" and you could catch a Pokémon with it, then you could keep it assigned to the Y button or + pad or whatever and teach it HM moves; basically consolidating all the different ride functions into a select few Pokémon (of your choice).

Old January 10th, 2017 (6:19 PM).
☕ milk tea & 💻 code.

I absolutely LOVE the new riding system. HM moves were a waste of space, either by losing a team spot to a HM slave or by losing a move slot on a bunch of different Pokemon.

I really hope they keep it around for future games, I'll be super disappointed if we go back to HM's :(

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
sun diaryplatinum diary
Old January 11th, 2017 (6:05 AM).

Nature: Timid
I DO think it is a temp thing, but hoping not

I really love riding the pokemon, it makes the game seem "more real" however, I would love if they brought back flying around like with the eon flute + latias/latios, that was immensely fun.
Old January 11th, 2017 (6:18 AM).
The Ghost Writer

Nature: Calm
Poke Rider was amazing, forcing to teach Pokemon 5759076950670 Hm's just to continue the game was super annoying. No more forcing to catch HM Pokemon, constantly switching out Pokemon etc. Some of the things like Tauro's speed were amazing to get to places much quicker. When the Hoenn remakes came out it was VERY traditional, so I'm worried considering Sinnoh remakes might be next that they'll force you to use HM's for the sake of keeping it as original as possible. Cross your fingers they don't remove it, this is simply too good to break for traditional purposes.
Old January 11th, 2017 (9:24 AM).
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Nature: Adamant
When I think about the way they presented it in Sun and Moon, it seems likely PokeRide is gonna be an Alola specific thing which is so bad cause it was a genius way of removing HMs and giving us the ability to ride Pokemon. Why have Game Freak always gotta remove the best features :(
Old January 11th, 2017 (9:44 AM).
Did it reach her?

Nature: Serious
Do I want Poke Ride to stay and see all HMs burn in the fiery hell-pit where they belong? Absolutely.

Will it happen, though? No, probably not. As already stated, it was too heavily inferred as Alola specific, plus Game Freak gets pleasure out of removing the best features they make.

Looking at you, ball capsules and Pokemon following you.
Old January 11th, 2017 (9:51 AM).
Veteran

Nature: Careful
Hmmmm.
I agree with the ones who thinks that Poke-Ride sounds like an Alolan thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauntal View Post
Poke Rider was amazing, forcing to teach Pokemon 5759076950670 Hm's just to continue the game was super annoying. No more forcing to catch HM Pokemon, constantly switching out Pokemon etc. Some of the things like Tauro's speed were amazing to get to places much quicker. When the Hoenn remakes came out it was VERY traditional, so I'm worried considering Sinnoh remakes might be next that they'll force you to use HM's for the sake of keeping it as original as possible. Cross your fingers they don't remove it, this is simply too good to break for traditional purposes.

I don't know. Nintendo, with S/M, was clear about their will to change the Pokemon classics (sorry if i'm not clear).
It would be strange to brutally change their new path. But it would also be possible, I mean the new way Pokemon was in S/M could a specific S/M thing.

Anyway, i really wish that the Poke-Ride would become a general feature. And I also wish that the flying feature would be like in Hoenn remake! ♥
I cross my fingers.
Old January 11th, 2017 (12:20 PM).
the battlefield got weird.

Yee the Poke Ride feature definitely needs to stay, but like everyone else capable of recognizing patterns, I feel as though it's something we will greatly miss next generation.

The only thing I really dfw is the riding gear like nigga please wtf are those?

4313 4689 5250
Old January 11th, 2017 (1:56 PM).
☕ milk tea & 💻 code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stzy View Post
Yee the Poke Ride feature definitely needs to stay, but like everyone else capable of recognizing patterns, I feel as though it's something we will greatly miss next generation.

The only thing I really dfw is the riding gear like nigga please wtf are those?
Yes they are so ugly - I look like I'm off to play roller derby.
Maybe it was so they didn't have to draw and animate every outfit option to fit the ride positions?

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
sun diaryplatinum diary
Old January 11th, 2017 (1:58 PM).
The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
This is really the best thing they could do

I wonder if the Pokemon will change in the next generation... Like instead of, let's say Machamp for strengh, we'll have another Pokemon? Would be fun to make this different. Sad I can't surf on a wailmer yet

ᵔᴥᵔ Hey you! Have a good day, okay? ᵔᴥᵔ
Old January 11th, 2017 (3:31 PM).
the battlefield got weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarei View Post
Yes they are so ugly - I look like I'm off to play roller derby.
Maybe it was so they didn't have to draw and animate every outfit option to fit the ride positions?
AKA GF being lazy again. They didn't even release the whole Pokedex like, c'mon.

4313 4689 5250
Old January 11th, 2017 (8:41 PM).
Tranquilo.

That's what we said for Super Training. And the Habitiat List. And permanent running. And Free Spac-oh wait that did come back.

After finally acknowledging how outdated HMs are from Game Freak themselves it only makes more sense that by the next pair of games they'll be a possible removed feature. Or maybe they'll be under a new name with their region reasoning for why it's commonplace.

I hope.
Old January 11th, 2017 (9:19 PM).

There are some things that Game Freak decides to keep permanently, such as TMs becoming permanent rather than using them one and they're done, but that's just about the only example that really comes to mind. :\ Which is why I was so worried, y'know?

With an overhaul this huge though, it seems unlikely to me that HMs are are going to return. Even if they did return, I don't think it'd look right if the animation was similar to how the HM animations were in previous generations, so it's a good indicator that Game Freak is probably done with HMs for good.

Hopefully. And even if Poke Ride is strictly an Alola thing, let's hope they're still going down the "No HMs" route for future games rather than going back to it.

we're living limitless

Old January 11th, 2017 (10:58 PM).
@hollyweed

Nature: Modest
Like the popular opinon, I would loveeee if GF brought this feature back.

I really dislike ruining my team and team's movesets from HMs so bringing this back would save a lot of heartache
Old January 12th, 2017 (8:00 AM).

As much I love not having to carry around an HM slave, I'm not that much of a fan of the ride pokemons. The ugly ass riding gear might have something to do with it, but I also feel it's less fun to call some random Pokemon rather than use one of your owns. Kinda ruins the whole "travelling with your Pokemon friends" feels.
Old January 13th, 2017 (8:29 AM).

I felt the riding gear personally was cool at first, but after seeing the player character with it quite a few times in battle, I'm really not that much of a fan of it, anymore. If Poke Ride is brought back, hopefully they won't bring back the riding gear.

we're living limitless

Old January 13th, 2017 (2:38 PM).

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoecoolsinceJohto View Post
As much I love not having to carry around an HM slave, I'm not that much of a fan of the ride pokemons. The ugly ass riding gear might have something to do with it, but I also feel it's less fun to call some random Pokemon rather than use one of your owns. Kinda ruins the whole "travelling with your Pokemon friends" feels.
I agree with this. While I do really like the feature, random pokemon appearing out of nowhere feels kinda off. I do understand it's harder to implement a feature like this that would make use of your own pokemon, but it would make for a great addition.

Old January 13th, 2017 (2:50 PM).

Nature: Lax
It took a little getting use too, but I actually love the concept behind it. As everyone has touched on, HMs is a silly idea in this day and age and all that ended up happening, was we had HM Slave Pokèmon in our parties, taking up valuable space. Now, it's all in one, convenient space and I love it.

I can't see them getting rid of this feature in the future, only improving on it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links