• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ok, here's a more "finalized" eevee this time!
eevee_fin-shrunk_zps2270915c.png

Instead of a generic eevee name like Steeleon, how about "Astroneon" for this one?
It sorta has that spaceman look :P

Also, that saber tooth cat is AWESOME!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thanks everyone!

I think I'm going to keep the Saber-Cat fighting type, but I like the idea of a Ground-Ice ancient Pokemon. Why don't we ditch the ancient bird in favor of something else. All of my designs keep coming close to Archeops anyway. :p Thoughts on a new ancient pokemon? Maybe some kind of amoeba?

Also, I like the Steel Eevee. n_n; Instead of already determining the next Eevee evolution, why don't we do a bit of research into Greek mythology and see if we can't tie it to some kind of rock/ground golem myth, you know? Keep it authentic.

And Fort, keep going with that one legendary and it's humanoid forms. Let's see what you can come up with. ;)

I'll be updating the first post later today everyone! n_n; Don't forget that we need names for these guys too ~ Speaking of which, Jet, have you come to any cool names with the Grass starter?

Years
If it sounds good to you guys, I would like to work on my Stymphalian Bird idea.

Also, for the name of the cat, I was thinking since Sabertoothed cats were found in North and South America that the cat's name could be based on fighting styles from those continents, so for instance: Kitinku, (Kit + Tinku) Okitchi, (corruption of Okichitaw) Kitsu, (Kit + Jitsu) Mewchida, (Mew + Machida) Makat or Rumikat (cat + Rumi Maki)

I like the idea of an ameoba, it just may be tricky to not have it look like ditto. Perhaps a dodo?

As for the rock/ground goem myth, we could have a mon based on Antaeus: "a Libyan giant who gained strength from constant contact with the earth and wrestled to death all visitors to his realm until slain by Heracles"

Also this wikipedia page has a lot of great creatures for inspiration!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_creatures

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, excellent Golurk.

Hm, I like Kitinku (although, I'll probably change that to Kittenku cos, you know, kittens n_n). Let's go with that!

As for the rock/ground goem myth, we could have a mon based on Antaeus: "a Libyan giant who gained strength from constant contact with the earth and wrestled to death all visitors to his realm until slain by Heracles"

This. Let's base the Eevee evolution off this. Antaeon. Also, I'm going to add that wiki to the first post. Great resource, Golurk. 10/10

I'll begin some sketches on a dodo-like-thing and see how it comes out! :3 But first I'd like to finish the Saber cat. and the final water evo whatevs :x

First post has been updated people! Make sure you check it for your individual assignments! And for the record, you guys are by no means limited to your assignments. Play around with ideas, experiment, and above all, have fun. There's room here for anyone and everything. So please don't feel like you have to do exactly what I say. :p

I'm only doing individual assignment for you guys cause, well, I have to do something, don't I? xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I suppose it was for the best that it was taken over because now the thread is more organised :) I think how's about a conifer plant for the other ancient pokemon we could have a pokemon called. Paleot, then Palestar cause of the jaged bush shape and Paleoking the top of all the ancient plants.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Sorry been busy with exams... :D Wow organised thread...finaly.
Anyway. Alexial: A mythology inspired bird. Thats easy. Rok from many arabian tales. Rok was a huge ferocious bird who hold a vast treasury at its nest. It had such wealth that many adventures (includin Sinbad the sailor) were tempted to try to find its nest. :D For a bug...ugh..im terrible at making bugs... But hmm. Maybe a water spider? No idea. Let me think for awhile. :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
So, is 'antaeus' some sort of wrestler?
I tried looking him up, but all I see are some people wrestling...

But nevertheless, I'll see what I can come up with!

Oh, and here's the info on the uncatalogued guys:

grass bug:
Name: Leatle, Scimantis, ???
Type: all are Bug/Grass
based on a praying mantis with armor

cyan alpaca:
Name: Alpaqua
Type: Water, maybe something else...
It's a water alpaca, what else is their to say :D

red robin:
Name: ???
Type: Dark/Flying
it's body has a skull design, and scarily scares scarecrows.

hydra:
???
Their heads are an axe

cat:
???
a witch's familiar

Brown thing:
Name: Spindoll (Spindle + doll)
Type: ???
Like above, it's a voodoo doll with a spindle for a head

Wherever there's a '???', someone else can come up with that info, because I honestly have a hard time thinking of stuff like that...

Edit:
Post #151!
We're really going places!

Edit 2:
Oh yeah, is the other eevee supposed to be Rock/Ground? or Rock OR GRound?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So, is 'antaeus' some sort of wrestler?
I tried looking him up, but all I see are some people wrestling...

But nevertheless, I'll see what I can come up with!

Oh, and here's the info on the uncatalogued guys:

grass bug:
Name: Leatle, Scimantis, ???
Type: all are Bug/Grass
based on a praying mantis with armor

cyan alpaca:
Name: Alpaqua
Type: Water, maybe something else...
It's a water alpaca, what else is their to say :D

red robin:
Name: ???
Type: Dark/Flying
it's body has a skull design, and scarily scares scarecrows.

hydra:
???
Their heads are an axe

cat:
???
a witch's familiar

Brown thing:
Name: Spindoll (Spindle + doll)
Type: ???
Like above, it's a voodoo doll with a spindle for a head

Wherever there's a '???', someone else can come up with that info, because I honestly have a hard time thinking of stuff like that...

Edit:
Post #151!
We're really going places!

Edit 2:
Oh yeah, is the other eevee supposed to be Rock/Ground? or Rock OR GRound?

Very well done Sunfished. <3 Love the names.

I'll happily help you with coming up with other information! I just figured you'd want to do it cause they're your designs. xD But yeah, if you don't mind me adding my own stuff than I'll definitely give it a shot.

As for the Eevee evolution.. hmm.. I have a feeling Rock would be easier to work with, design wise, than Ground would. But definitely use your artist's intuition on that one. Oh, I know! Why don't we both come up with designs and use the best attributes of both? n_n; We can double team (hoho) it!

Sorry been busy with exams... :D Wow organised thread...finaly.
Anyway. Alexial: A mythology inspired bird. Thats easy. Rok from many arabian tales. Rok was a huge ferocious bird who hold a vast treasury at its nest. It had such wealth that many adventures (includin Sinbad the sailor) were tempted to try to find its nest. :D For a bug...ugh..im terrible at making bugs... But hmm. Maybe a water spider? No idea. Let me think for awhile. :D

OMG YES! You're totally right! I can't believe I didn't think of that. xDD See, this is why we need an executive planner! If you can come up with some kind of reference photo or even a light description, that would be great. First come first serve on this one too guys, whoever wants it, draws it!

Take your time on the bug too. Although, a water spider may come off like Surskit.. so let's make sure to be pretty innovative in the designs.

Gunna update the first post later with new assignments!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
If we're talking about adding unusual dual types, here is a few I was planning to add into my FakeDex:

Grass/Fire: A Jack o' Lantern. Fits perfectly with this Greek theme!
Fire/Water: NOT A PISTOL SHRIMP! Steamed Lobsters! :D
Water/Grass: A mucky-like overgrowth, think Tangrowth.

They are all also combinations of the starter types!

Years
Okay here are the colored versions of the fire starter. It'd be nice if my colored pencils were better but I think it turned out okay:

Putting links cuz the images were HUGE: Firny | Flarney | Final Evo

As for the name for the last one, I was thinking Bunflare or Rabbiflare.

Also I got bored and decided to doodle up a pokemon based on the Graeae It might be a little too humanoid though.

Standard Forme | Sight Forme | Bite Forme

If you can't read my chickenscatch, the name of the mon is Peinyo (a combo of the three names of the sisters) and when holding the item future eye it changes into sight forme, or if holding the item lone tooth it converts to bite forme. I was thinking that the normal one could be either ghost or psychic, sight would be ghost/psychic, and bite would be either ghost/normal or psychic/normal. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Okay, with much digress, I seem to be stuck on how to properly execute a Rock or Ground Eevee, so I'm putting it on stall for now...

I guess this means that anyone can attempt it, and I'm free to do something else.

If no one objects, I'm going to redo the final grass starter, because he's kinda awkward compared to his pre-evos. I'm thinking of a gangster Grass/Ground type, because his 2nd stage looks like a punk :P

Oh, and those look great Golurk!
I love the noodle-like appendages it has. It's like that creepy feeling you get when you think a tentacle is placed on your shoulder!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Um I think the grass starter could be changed but not massively as it also about a tomahawk with a horned Lizard.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Alexial: Heres a wikipefia article of Roc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roc_(mythology)
I hope it helps. But hmm. If description would help more then how about this. Imagine a huge bird with talons as big as a trainer. It has a ferocious beak. (maybe something like eagles?) And maybe a sort of feather crown on its head. Or like very long feathers like Pidgeot etc. Colorpalet... Well most describe it as white but I think more of a light gray/silver or gold. Something majestic that also represents wealth. (its keen on treasures) maybe some jewelry hanging from its wings or talons etc? Ideas? :D
And for the bug... Ugh...
Maybe a moth? Or something... A female looking... Whats the butterfly species... Ummm... (checks wikipedia)
EDIT: these moths. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deilephila_elpenor
You could make the bug larva evolve into two different pokemon. One female and one male. A little bit like gardevoir and gallade. But just in bug type. Typing could be Bug/something and bug/something. :) Comments?

Last edited:

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
So umm.. Hi! I stumbled on this thread by accident and I was amazed on the passion on making this..Oh! Where are my manners! My name is DaydreamsAway but ya'll can call me Slate.. So I thought maybe like a pokemon based on the greek warriors spirit? Maybe like another Ghost/Fire Typing.. Heres the pic: http://imgur.com/X8pvJbG. And another thing Shouldn't we just abandon Eevee for another pokemon? Say a Hercules kinda pokemon based on his tasks?...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, great work everyone! I never updated the first post :< I'll do it right after this, promise~

So umm.. Hi! I stumbled on this thread by accident and I was amazed on the passion on making this..Oh! Where are my manners! My name is DaydreamsAway but ya'll can call me Slate.. So I thought maybe like a pokemon based on the greek warriors spirit? Maybe like another Ghost/Fire Typing.. Heres the pic: http://imgur.com/X8pvJbG. And another thing Shouldn't we just abandon Eevee for another pokemon? Say a Hercules kinda pokemon based on his tasks?...

Hi there Slate and welcome to our lovely little project! n_n; Super happy you decided to join! And yes! We love when new people can contribute some art, so we'll definitely find room for your design! Feel free to be an involved as you like and I'll assign you some tasks. Regardless, we're so happy to have caught your attention!

Right to business, eh? I like that. :) Well, it seemed like the majority here liked having an Eevee evolution, but if you have another idea do share! As for a Hercules-esque fakemon, I really like the idea of designing something based on his deeds. If you'd like to come up with a design, feel free! I'm partial to Beowulf myself, but I guess he's not very Greek. Go figure. xD

~

@ Sunfished : No pressure on the Eevee evolution. n_n; Take your time with it! Definitely like to see what you can do with the Grass evo though.

@ Golurk : Awesomeeeee! I like that we're getting Psychic fakemons in here finally. Although, your design reads "legendary" to me for some reason. I feel like it should be legendary. Anyone else get that impression or is it just me? Regardless, it's lovely and keeeepppss!

@ Jet : I think the tomahawk idea was abandoned, but let's see what Sunfished can come up with. n_n; Any luck on some more Greet myths? Also, what trio? I forgot.. @_@;

@ Krieg : Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. It think I'm going to add a section in the main post for reference photos, so we have a collection for our artists to check. What do you think? I love the story for the bird too. It gives it a read depth of character. Moreover, it's not like Pokemon are immune from wearing clothes / using weapons. So it's got authenticity to it! Yeah, I love it. And the moth feels bug/poison to me because of that purple. But that seems a little generic.. maybe Bug Ghost?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
DARN!
ALEXIAL POSTED RIGHT BEFORE I DID >:O

anyway, I basically took the final grass evo and made him more 'Pokemon' like, because what he looked like before was kinda tall and DRASTICALLY changed after his evo.
So here's a rough sketch blah blah blah:
hornedlizard3-shrunk_zps613dd4fd.png

While he's in sketch form, suggest what and what and I'll try to attend to your thoughts!

And what tomahawk idea? I never heard anything tomahawk related! :P

AND, if Jet chooses not to name them, we can salvage back the names mentioned WAY back in this thread.

Back