ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!

Male
Earth
Seen May 20th, 2019
Posted July 17th, 2018
254 posts
3.4 Years
How often do you make characters of the opposite gender?

I kinda just realized that all of the characters I’ve made recently with the exception of Vincent Morrigan have been female. It’s not that this is a problem, but I’m just curious if it’s normal. When I first came to this site, I exclusively made male characters because I thought it would be awkward to Rp a female character, but now it seems like I hardly ever make male characters.
"It's not a matter of life or death, It's about what breaks first;Your will, or the barriers in your way." -VaatiVidya

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 7 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
19,933 posts
7.2 Years
I tend to have about a 50/50 ratio. I never got why people think it would be awkward to play an opposite gender character since it has little bearing on personality.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)

Female
Seen August 3rd, 2018
Posted August 3rd, 2018
984 posts
4.1 Years
Most of my characters rn are of the same gender. I think I generally prefer writing girls because it feels more satisfying to differentiate them? Like I feel in-general female characters tend to fall victim to archetype more than males do in how their dialogue's written and in how they're portrayed. So it's more of a creative exercise for me, I guess.

Trev

i gave you everything...

Age 22
Male
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted March 27th, 2019
1,620 posts
7.1 Years
I actually used to predominantly play female characters. I was under the impression that I related to them better and could therefore write them better than men (I was completely wrong - a lot of my writing was quite problematic...)

Nowadays I tend to vary it up. I do usually play primarily as gay males (write what you know, right?), but sometimes I play as women. Haven't written a non-binary character yet, should probably do that at some point.
voltaic pair: aaron rpdr club css shop

Godzil

Dapper bowler hat

Age 28
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
1,361 posts
9.1 Years
Depends on if I have an idea or not. In my spare time, I look for pictures I like, specifically ones that are interesting or visually stand out. I find more pictures of females I like than males, so I have more inspiration to play as a woman.

Artists! Please make more interesting looking men! There are more than enough generic guys on the market.

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 11 Hours Ago
32,583 posts
11.7 Years
I think I write girls 75% of time, but not for any particular reason. I have sometimes finished a SU and the simply changed the gender to make a more unexpected character :) Usually doesn’g give as funny results as one might think, as I think sex or gender is seldom a defining point of my characters.
Advertiser Content