• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Yo!
I started making some tiles lately and just had this problem when I enter a door or get out from a door the bottom of the houses I made myself become messy, screenshots in spoiler:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solved but weird... (I noticed that those tiles that get messed up shared same thing which is that they were in the end of the tileset, so I moved them and now everything works just fine. Sorry if I made you read for nothing...)

EDIT #2: Well... Since I came here might as well ask if anyone knows how do the door animations, grass animation and such work exactly? f.e. if I want to modify the grass animation, where should I go? Thanks again. :] (inb4 EDIT #3..... >.>)

ZodiacDaGreat has a tool for door animations called door manager, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198705

Grass animation editing is done by a tutorial by thethethethe, I don't have a link (rather, I'm too lazy to find one :P) so you will have to search the tutorial section. Note that in your forum settings you have to set the option to see old threads (otherwise it's limited to within 5 pages or something like that). Just use search feature in the tutorial section.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
What part of PGE do you use to do that? Is it the attack editor or something else? I'm having trouble finding your other answer to the question (this thread is really dense).

PGE is Pokemon Game Editor by Gamer2020 and 0xRH. It contains many programs and one of them is a Pokemon Editor (it is shortened to P.E.). Check it out and I will try and find my post.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
First time i've recompiled because i've translate the text. After this, a part of the script was crashed (appear a pointer to a non-rom area). Next, re-using the original code that problem was not solved. Anyhow i'm thinking about a particoular type of safari, so i think i'll use a new custom script. A question about this: if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
First time i've recompiled because i've translate the text. After this, a part of the script was crashed (appear a pointer to a non-rom area). Next, re-using the original code that problem was not solved. Anyhow i'm thinking about a particoular type of safari, so i think i'll use a new custom script. A question about this: if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?

It would be best if you could describe exactly what you're trying to do as well (in order).
For example:

1) Player enters house
2) Mom goes to from her chair player
3) Mom says hi
4) Mom sits back down to her chair

Sometime it helps, especially in this case where you're giving us errors which can't easily be related back to your original problem.

From what I can tell you're trying to get the safari zone to work, with added text? In this case, you need to change the message's pointer to some free space with your message. This is as easy as:

#org 0x8[something]
---
---
msgbox 0x8[Free space]
callstd MSG_NORMAL
---
---
end

#org 0x[Free space]
= Your edited message.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
No no i replace the text, not adding it...but my problem actually is changed because i've decided to carry out another way for safari.

if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?

Thanks a lot for your helps!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
No no i replace the text, not adding it...but my problem actually is changed because i've decided to carry out another way for safari.

Thanks a lot for your helps!

OK. With regards to this:
if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?

You should not do that first of all, you should do checkitemamount 0x[Item] 0x[number]. Then adjust your delete to be this number.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
In pksv i do not have checkitemamount...i've checkitem or checkitemspaceinbag.

But if i'm not wrong, checkitem want to say before the number you wanna check, while that number is my variable

Blah

Free supporter
Years
In pksv i do not have checkitemamount...i've checkitem or checkitemspaceinbag.

But if i'm not wrong, checkitem want to say before the number you wanna check, while that number is my variable

Ahh, OK. I didn't know you were using PKSV. In that case it's checkitemspaceinbag 0x[item] 0x[number]

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I'm looking for where the alternate forme sprites are located in the Platinum Version rom. I want to be able to edit them but at the moment I have no way of accessing the proper sprites for Burmy, Wormadam, Unown and Giratina.
FYI, I'm using Tinke to extract the files.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
how do I enable running on my maps? it seems every map i make I cant run in...

I assumed its a simple thing like change the header from "indoors" to "route" but that does not do anything...
labeling my routes route and my towns town... does nothing to enable running... grrr

Blah

Free supporter
Years
but according to this i need to known the [number], while that number is my variable.

I'll give you an example:

checkitemspaceinbag POTION 0x5
That basically checks if you have room in your bag for 5 potions.

how do I enable running on my maps? it seems every map i make I cant run in...

I assumed its a simple thing like change the header from "indoors" to "route" but that does not do anything...
labeling my routes route and my towns town... does nothing to enable running... grrr

Make sure the map isn't being treated as an indoor map. If it's not, then I had this problem too. I just applied HackMew's running shoes in buildings tutorial and it worked after that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
You know the vs banner before the elite four battle in RSE, is there a way to make it appear
for another trainer class? for the Gym leaders for example.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I'll give you an example:

checkitemspaceinbag POTION 0x5
That basically checks if you have room in your bag for 5 potions.

Make sure the map isn't being treated as an indoor map. If it's not, then I had this problem too. I just applied HackMew's running shoes in buildings tutorial and it worked after that.

I did just make running everywhere possible... but I was hoping to fix it right :(

oh well...

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
This is all we know for now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291605 Try finding some on your own by taking a completed save file and checking flags.

It is in one of the top menus.

No way in YAPE, but it can be done in PGE. I answered this question in far more detail just a week or two ago, most likely for someone else. Look back through the last ten or so pages or use the handy-dandy search bar.:D

Yeah i figured out later on, thanks anyways tho.
BTW if you have ever played maplestory, im making a pokemon (MAPLéMON) hack, where pokemons are colored maplestory characters and maplestory mobs, if you know what maplestory is; What do you think of the hack, do you think it is a good idea?

karatekid552

Years
You know the vs banner before the elite four battle in RSE, is there a way to make it appear
for another trainer class? for the Gym leaders for example.

Well.... Yeah... But it is specific to each elite four. Meaning that the banner displayed will contain the sprite for the elite four member you stole it from. It is cinnected to trainer class I believe. You can do it in firered though. Search for pre-battle mug shots by Jambo51.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
This question may sound strange, but...How do you re-hack ingame text that someone else has already changed? I found a great hack of HeartGold online recently, and love the game-play changes--but hate the off-color dialogue the hacker added. Is there a Gen IV editor available that would let me clean up the language, please? I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
This question may sound strange, but...How do you re-hack ingame text that someone else has already changed? I found a great hack of HeartGold online recently, and love the game-play changes--but hate the off-color dialogue the hacker added. Is there a Gen IV editor available that would let me clean up the language, please? I'd appreciate any help you could give.

I don't know if there is a tool to do if faster (likely there is), but otherwise you can just open it up in a hex editor and edit the strings. Though it's tedious and annoying, it's a solid way to go :P

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a simple question but..
I've looked at the TM data, and I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell it is about. If someone could please tell me, it would be gatly appreciated.

karatekid552

Years
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a simple question but..
I've looked at the TM data, and I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell it is about. If someone could please tell me, it would be gatly appreciated.

Can you be a little more specific? Are you looking into how they are are stored in the bag? Or the routine they run? Or which move they teach?

For the last, there are several tools to do it with, so the hex data isn't needed as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back