• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I just finished reading and analysing This Boy's Life - Tobias Wolff. It's a fantastic read; it's very honest warm and richly evocative.

As for new books, I'll be picking up Summer of the Seventeenth Doll soon (eww) since I've got to read it for school work.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Currently re-reading and finishing The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom for the 3rd time. So far, every single book by Albom that I've read has been incredibly superb. This book is no exception. I have never looked at the concept of time the same way again.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
I'm reading the Pokemon Adventures manga. This is the first time reading manga and 200 pages is a dang quick read, since it's a comic. But it's pretty cool. Pokemon can get sliced in half and die in battle, and Gym leaders can be bad guys too. Also, the levels of the Pokemon is specified along with other information in the end of the volumes, so the Manga seems more complex in that aspect unlike the Anime.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I had just finished reading Lord of the Flies by William Goulding. What a crazy concept of a simple story of getting stuck on an island. Democracy just leads to anarchy.

Mystify

confused
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
I'm reading Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward and in my opinion it's pretty awful. The characters do such ignorant things that bug me and the writing is awkward, especially the similes. Dear god the similes. If this wasn't required reading I would have stopped long ago. If you hate dog fighting, don't read this. Don't. This book literally glorifies it. Ironically enough, my dog got to this book and tore half the cover off.

After I finish this I have to read a better book just to compensate. Geez.

Dango

Que Sera, Sera
Years
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I've really just started this tome so I don't have a great opinion on it yet, but I've read mixed reviews about it.

Elicoor

Elicoor
Years
I am reading the latest book written by Kim Harrison. I believe the book is called The Undead Pool. It is the twelfth book in a series she has been writing for a few years now. I remember purchasing the first book in the fantasy section, but now the books are in the horror section so I have no idea what genre they would go under lol. I consider the series fantasy. The series has been great, but this book has me thinking that the author might have run out of ideas on how to express her thoughts. Everything was fine until about three fourths of the way into the book... It has become lethargic and boring to read so I need to force myself to finish it so I can decide if I will continue to the next book or not. All the books before the latest though are just amazing. :D

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
The Traitor Queen, by Trudi Canavan, the last book in the Traitor Spy trilogy. It's been quite a good trilogy thus far; I love continuations of trilogies, and this one is set about twenty years after the Black Magician trilogy. It's interesting to see what characters get up to after previous events.

Years
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Finished Hitchhiker's yesterday and went out to buy the rest today. Took me a while to get into the series but it's so witty and fun to read.

AM/PM

steal me out of my h e a d
Years
i'm currently making my way through 'the reasons i won't be coming' by elliot perlman. it's a collection of nine short stories; there are no overarching themes or motif's, but the stories all flow and i've found that perlman has a really unique way of using language. i've only read six of the stories so far but i'd definitely recommend checking it out if yr not such a fan of more long-winded fiction.

King Kū

Outer-space is the limit
Years
'Choke Point'.

It is a pretty unheard of (by the seems of things) spy-thriller with a heavy martial arts influence. It is a highly enjoyable tale of a Japanese-American spy who has (without giving anything away) so far been tasked with an assassination.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I just finished "The Shining", and since it was my first King novel and i really enjoyed it, i picked up "The Arena", also by King.
The story seems to be pretty interesting, and the book has even been adapted as a tv show

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm reading The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. All I can really say is that it looks very interesting to me. I got it a while back, but it disappeared amongst my messy, cluttered room. My dad helped me clean it recently, and I stumbled upon it. So, I started reading it from the beginning.

I also had the choice of reading Wicked or the first book of the Nicholas Flamel series. I really can't decide between Nicholas Flamel and The Demon King. We'll see how much I get into the Demon King!

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
Years
"Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King.. Y'know the Shining right? That's the sequel... It's pretty much a good read to be honest... I just finished The Mortal Instruments' "City of Lost Souls"... Twas very very smexy and has its laughs and fights.. Can't wait for the last book of the series though and the sequel of the Mortal Instruments..

Back