• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Album Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So long story short, I got the idea to replay HeartGold while making a team to reflect an album of choice and for this, I'm choosing Kendrick's recent release of DAMN. Houndoom for BLOOD. because of death ("You've lost...your life"), plus Houndoom looks like the omen of death iteself. Jumpluff for HUMBLE. because it's just a very simple design. I mean. It looks humble and modest to me, right? I'm also not letting it learn any TM or HM moves or hold items. Steelix for PRIDE. and teaching it Swagger. It's mainly that shit eating grin. He'll lead every gym/Elite Four battle and I cannot use items on him in battle. Once he's out, he's all or nothing. Espeon for FEEL. because of the ability Synchronize and psychic Pokemon are more in touch with the feelings and emotions of those around it. Togekiss is LOVE. because it brings blessings and kindness and avoids strife. I'll be teaching it Attract as well for the obvious. And then last will be Gyarados for FEAR., specifically the shiny one at Lake of Rage for the events that take place there and because of the color red exaggerating fear. Intimidate for an ability is a plus as well.

Not many rules for this honestly, aside from the ones I imposed for each Pokemon. I allowed myself to trade in a Houndour egg because I wanted Houndoom to fit that theme, but everything else is going to be caught through Johto. May or may not try to get party members to reflect other tracks on the album; I did try to go through and list one for everything and pick a team from there, and I liked this one best. So here we are. Updates to come!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
VIOLET CITY.

So I was taking a walk the other day and I seen a boy -- a red-headed boy -- pacing outside the lab. He seemed to be a bit frustrated, as if he was wanting something and having a hard time finding it. So after watching him struggle for a while, I decided to go over and lend a helping hand, you know? "Hey man, can I be of any assistance? It seems to me that you have lost something. I would like to help you find it." He said, "Oh yes. You have lost something. You've lost...your Pokemon."

It's a true story, but less dramatic. So anyway, I started this journey with a Cyndaquil and did all I needed to do so that I could trade in my Houndour egg who soon hatched and became known as BLOOD. She quickly was able to defend herself (hatching with Fire Fang helps,
but I didn't plan on that so whoops) and I soon found my next companion, a Hoppip known as HUMBLE.

After some tough grinds and making it through Bell Tower, with both party members at level 11, I made my way over to the first gym and easily dominated. It was quite a time to be had.
Until next time...

228.png

BLOOD. ♀ 13
Early Bird // Timid
[ Fire Fang | Smog | Beat Up | Ember ]

187.png

HUMBLE. ♀ 12
Chlorophyll // Jolly
[ PoisonPowder | Synthesis | Tail Whip | Tackle ]

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
When I saw you post this idea on Twitter, I wondered how it would work. Like I couldn't imagine picking a team of Pokemon that fit a song album. Also like that there are going to be particular moves that the Pokemon will learn that helps them fit the theme.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I saw you post this idea on Twitter, I wondered how it would work. Like I couldn't imagine picking a team of Pokemon that fit a song album. Also like that there are going to be particular moves that the Pokemon will learn that helps them fit the theme.

Thanks! Yeah, I imagine it sounds confusing on paper, ahaha. I'm trying to come up with some other limitations as well. Probably not going to allow Hoppip to hold items. And I mean, obviously this album is way more deep than I'm able to fully express through this playthrough, but I thought it would be fun trying to fit the theme as best I could. :)

Back