• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: FR-Johto AddOn Base

ThatNihha

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
I patched both patches onto a clean FR Rom and when I try to open it in A-map I get 500 error messages and then it just opens to Map Bank 0 with nothing in it. Wtf is going on bro? Why is this shizzy not jiving?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I patched both patches onto a clean FR Rom and when I try to open it in A-map I get 500 error messages and then it just opens to Map Bank 0 with nothing in it. Wtf is going on bro? Why is this shizzy not jiving?

You're supposed to pick 1 patch not use both...

ThatNihha

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
You're supposed to pick 1 patch not use both...

Hey dude, try reading next time before yammering on about what you don't understand. I tried both patches one-by-one, not at the same time. Both had the same effect.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Hey dude, try reading next time before yammering on about what you don't understand. I tried both patches one-by-one, not at the same time. Both had the same effect.

Hey, I managed the patch this on a FR rom properly, so clearly I understand something. You don't have to get so defensive. Your first post was a little ambiguous and so there was a misunderstanding.
And to be fair, I didn't "yammer" on, I wrote 1 sentence. So chill.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
when you boot up the game, does the screen shown below ever show up? report any differences if they exist

EnglishV1.1FireredGameFreakLogo.png

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Yeah that screen comes up with the "Presents" and everything.
your fire red is version 1.1, then, and this patch is for fire red v1.0--as are the majority of patches you will find on this site for fire red. the ROM of v1.0 would be "Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)" (as opposed to (Independent))

crizzle was legitimately trying to answer your question; please don't attack him

so basically just patch to v1.0 and you should be set man :)

EDIT: oh and the reason i asked is that v1.0 doesn't have "presents" on that screen~

Last edited:
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
This is really helpful! Look forward to see some more Johto hacks in the future!

Very glad to hear!
Honestly I have been really wanting to make another base or even add a few things to a updated version of this base,
but I also need to bring all I have learned together in to a demo for my hack.

It's something I have been working on and planning for sometime now and is something of a big project...
So at the moment all my focus is on that.
I'm figuring out how to go about making the thread for the hack and hopefully getting enough support behind the project
to get a team together.

Mystelex

Honestly I have been really wanting to make another base or even add a few things to a updated version of this base,
but I also need to bring all I have learned together in to a demo for my hack.

It's something I have been working on and planning for sometime now and is something of a big project...
So at the moment all my focus is on that.
I'm figuring out how to go about making the thread for the hack and hopefully getting enough support behind the project
to get a team together.

Yo, is it gonna have Johto too?! Can't wait to play it, man! :P

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I think I'm going to populate all of this with NPCs and signage, etc. I'll put them all in the correct places, but I don't think I plan on scripting it. Will at least make it a bit more complete.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Yo, is it gonna have Johto too?! Can't wait to play it, man! :P

Yes Johto, Kanto, Sevii Islands and the Orre Region (mock of it at least).
I will more than likely do a more open version of Johto and the other regions,
Similar to how Liquid Crystal did it.
That open world feel just can't be beat in my opinion.

What I have been thinking about though is trying to toss in some towns, landmarks and routes from the Anime.
As the Anime does have some quite interesting Anime Exclusive locations that I would like to see in game.
For at lest Johto and Kanto anyway...

I think I'm going to populate all of this with NPCs and signage, etc. I'll put them all in the correct places, but I don't think I plan on scripting it. Will at least make it a bit more complete.

I was going to do the same but the problem I have run into is trying to use free space others haven't used in their hacks...
This is why I didn't add new tiles or anything else...

I was going to add all NPCs, wild Pokemon tables, and even the Ruins of Alph Puzzle with also bit of light scripting for basic NPCs, Battle Tower, Safari zone, Daycare and gyms along with a few other filler things.

Not to mention if I add Scripts or tiles to each map, when the user of the base goes to add their own scripts to a map it will make them repoint every time...
Which would just result in wasted space...
This is why I leave it to the user of the base to do such things...

Mystelex

Gotta add the Team Rocket HQ, Pokemon Theme Park, Lake Lucid and other movie exclusive locations, haha

ItsFrickenMe

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I would get rock-hard in my pants if you made Hoenn. Any plans on doing that?

Back