• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Tate and Liza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Similarly to most people when playing Pokemon Emerald, I'm stuck at Tate and Liza.

In my team I have Blaziken, Breloom, Altaria, Azumarill and Cacturne. All of them are level 40-42. Naturally, Blaziken and Breloom aren't much help, but my other Pokemon don't seem to be surviving either. When I've been looking for help on the internet, a lot of people say to get a Wailmer but I don't particularly want to get another water Pokemon, especially if it might only be for this gym.

So, does anybody have any suggestions? If you want to know movesets etc. of my team then just ask!!

Years
Try leading Azumarill/Altaria and focus out the Xatu. Once the Xatu is out, your Cacturne should be able to take control. Only Pokemon remaining that can hurt it is Solrock, which would be your target when it comes onto the field.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Focus on taking out Xatu. Claydol really isn't a threat since it's easily one-shotted. Try leading with Azumarill and Altaria. Once you take out Xatu, and they bring out Solrock, be sure to focus fire it since it gives the most threat to your team.

Years
As mentioned just above, Xatu is the main threat since their other Pokemon all have a common weakness to Grass and Water. Have a good Rock or Electric attack and you should be able to get past Xatu, and once Xatu is gone focus on destroying the rest of their team with your Water or Grass-type.

camthesaxman

reverse engineer of teh pokeymanz
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Dark type should do well, too, since it's super effective against all of the Pokemon. When I faced them on Emerald years ago, I had a Mightyena with Crunch that did a lot of damage.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
Hmmm.... Tate and Liza. Their pokemon is on level 40-ish.
So my advice is to get poochyena firsthand, evolve it, and then learn dark type movesets.
Then you should get marill, train it, and learn surf.
Avoid using Blaziken, or even Breloom as it can be potentially catastorphic.
Also avoid-ish electric pokemons(Because there's Claydol that learns earthquake even the electric pokemon can beat Xatu)

that's my advice.

Jayce Darcy

Champion
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
As many others have already stated, avoid using your Blaziken and Breloom. You probably can't wipe them out in one hit so all they have to do is Calm Mind and you're through.

Prioritize Azumarill and Cacturne. Get your Azumarill an Ice Beam if possible for Xatu while Cacturne has Dark/Bug moves which are both great. When they're down to Solrock/Lunatone your Water and Grass moves combined should take them down swiftly.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I thiiink the question has been answered already. Let's try and not revive dead topics, yeah?

/locks/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back