• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Updated my previous post with a new, less-boring layout. And yes darkcookie, I really enjoyed New York, thanks for asking =D

Anyways, please post your comments people!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Darn! Why do I miss you every time you come on! And I can't even see it! (I'm on my PSP o_O) Anyway, its probably great : D

Also, it is nice to hear you had a good time : D

Atomic Reactor

good to see your still active :3

the screenies look good!

jsut a thought tho.
since "light creature" in the girls speech thing seems to be a title for the pkmn. shouldnt it be capitalized?

jsut a htought.

keep up the great work!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
hmm.
good to see your still active :3

the screenies look good!

jsut a thought tho.
since "light creature" in the girls speech thing seems to be a title for the pkmn. shouldnt it be capitalized?

jsut a htought.

keep up the great work!

Good job on noticing =D
But I fixed it before you even posted that XD

It looks like your back sprite could use some work.

I guess it could, but our spriter says trainer sprites aren't her specialty... she's awesome at Pokemon back sprites though!

~Update July 12th 08 - NEW LOOK TO HAZELBRANCH TOWN~

Now I know you haven't seen the starter town in a very long time, but that's because I've never been happy with it. It's changed many, many times. My guess is around 7 or 8. But now I think I finally found a look that I think is perfect for it, so here it is. Presenting: Hazelbranch Town!

capture001or8.png

Clair, your rival's, new house.

capture003xf7.png

Coming in from Route 51.

capture000pe2.png

Good on ya!

Not much of an update, I know, but's it's all you're getting for now D:

And if anyone has a suggestion for a new, better name, please post it! I think it could do with one =P

And the expected demo release date is still July 15th. That's only 3 days away! If we manage to get to 275 posts before then, I'll release some yummy new screens showing off events like the Intro, getting your first Pokémon and more! If not, tough luck XD

Last edited:

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
-looks at update style being stolen-

lol just kidding, just kidding. But seriously, this is really looking good! Changing the
pattern on your grass would probably be a good idea, though. Your maps look kinda
bland. Now I'm not telling you to the change the palette colors, just the pattern on
the grass.

Apart from that, I'm really looking forward to the demo! Hurry up with it! :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
-looks at update style being stolen-

lol just kidding, just kidding. But seriously, this is really looking good! Changing the
pattern on your grass would probably be a good idea, though. Your maps look kinda
bland. Now I'm not telling you to the change the palette colors, just the pattern on
the grass.

Apart from that, I'm really looking forward to the demo! Hurry up with it! :P

(*check first post, I credited Krimm :P*)

Thanks. I guess I could change the pattern, but I use the Nintendo pattern and that seems to be the cleanest =/
But I can give it a shot to see what it looks like.

The demo will be ready soon, hold yer' horses! XD

And something I've been thinking about a lot lately - should we have custom graphics? I mean, not EVERYTHING being custom, just trees, signs, grass etc. But I don't know which to use D:

Atomic Reactor

Custom trees in SOME areas, actually, anything custom that looks good would be fine. But you don't want everything to be custom. Maybe some custom grass in the beginning town.
Custom trees on an island (if any, havnt looked at world map) Custom buildings in a town.

You know, jsut here and there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

~Update July 13th 08 - WHO'S THAT POGEYMAN?~

Houndoomed here.. as usual...
Well, not exactly an update today, but I do have a little surprise for you! A new addition to our Pokédex.. but you can't see it yet D:

Mysterymon1.png

I'll reveal it only when someone guesses correctly what it is.. or if they come close enough. The winner also gets to see its evolved form before it gets revealed here! If you already know what it is, please don't tell as it will spoil it for everyone else.
Here is a small hint:

Hint: I'm small, adorable and like to play, but make me angry and feel my pain.

Custom trees in SOME areas, actually, anything custom that looks good would be fine. But you don't want everything to be custom. Maybe some custom grass in the beginning town.
Custom trees on an island (if any, havnt looked at world map) Custom buildings in a town.

You know, jsut here and there.

Yeah, I get you.. But could you recommend any graphics? I'm not too great making these kinds of decisions for myself o.o.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Is the Pokemon hedgetox? It makes sense if it is because of the spikes and looks like a hedgehog.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
No, it isn't Hedgetox, but you are very close ;)

It isn't in the Pokédex at all at the moment.

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
is it a porcupine because the hint "it's small an adorable and likes to play" like a porcupine "but if u make me angry feel my pain" like if u get a porcupine angry it will shoot it's quills at u am i right

Atomic Reactor

Like what do you mean, you wanna link to custom tiles?
Well, if you go to the pixel art area theres a nice htread called the "More tiles from me" (which is alastairs tiles)

and then kyldove has some somewhere, not the sinnoh set, a different one.

yeah, im going to say its some sort of hedge hog.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Everyone so far has been pretty close. It isn't a hedgehog or a porcupine, but it's related to them. I just need you to get the animal right.

Oh, and seeing as the demo will be coming in just two days, I've decided that I won't be releasing any more screenshots, as I don't want to spoil the demo for you any more. Sorry about that, I just thought we'd get 275 posts quicker.

Like what do you mean, you wanna link to custom tiles?
Well, if you go to the pixel art area theres a nice htread called the "More tiles from me" (which is alastairs tiles)

and then kyldove has some somewhere, not the sinnoh set, a different one.

I kind of meant whose custom graphics are the best to use. I might give Kyledove's a try though.

Atomic Reactor

I would suggest either Kyldoves or Don Patch's( his name is Alastair now)
Those would be the best

Neo Eras has been using Kyldoves.

The only thing other than hedge hog and porcupine would be uh...
actually i have no idea what else it could be <_<

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I would suggest either Kyldoves or Don Patch's( his name is Alastair now)
Those would be the best

Neo Eras has been using Kyldoves.

The only thing other than hedge hog and porcupine would be uh...
actually i have no idea what else it could be <_<

Oh.. does that mean I shouldn't use them? Seeing as they're using them too, our games might look similar if I decide to use them.
If I chose new trees, whose tiles do you think would be the best? I'm getting sick of the same old FR/LG ones now >.<

Anyway, since no one seems to know what it is yet, I'll give you another hint..

Hint 2: Knuckles.

If no one gets it by 9PM GMT tonight, I'm going to reveal it anyway.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
an enchidcha? (spellin i know is off srry)
well at least its good to see you finish the demo before u go man. headin to blue bayou today so i wont be able to see if i was right.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

~Update July 14th 08 - It's... Urkle!~

sonic smash down got it right! Everyone else was pretty close though, better luck next time! Anyway, it's time to reveal the Pokémon...

25-Urchid.png

Name:: Urckle
Type(s)::
water.gif

Species:: Urchin Pokémon

Aww, isn't it cute?! Believe it or not, it's actually an Echidna Sea Urchin. Stay tuned to discover Urkle's evolution... and more important, the very first Pokémon Scarlet demo! All coming very soon...

'Til next time,
Houndoomed.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
oh my god houndoomed that is the cutest pokemon i think ive ever seen, very creative though fusing an urchin with an echidna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back