• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Delicious! Savory! Tasty! The Cooking Club! V.1!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Bon Appétit!

Welcome my fellow cooking-enthusiasts to the PC Cooking Club! This Club's Main Purpose is to gather and unite all of PC's fellow lovers of cooking, and chat all sorts of cooking related things in this club, including new recipes, cooking techniques, and even doing some fun activities! Will you join the ranks of PC's greatest chefs? Feel free to join on in!

Name:
Specialty (what is your favorite dish to make):

members

~ Dragon
~ Fairy
~ VisionofMilotic
~ LucarioBread

credit to Fairy for the CSS!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Me me me I'm in!!

So I'm more of a baker than a proper cook, I hope that still counts!

Name: Fairy
Favorite Dish: Cardamom, allspice, and Earl Grey cookies! n_n;

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Me me me I'm in!!

So I'm more of a baker than a proper cook, I hope that still counts!

Name: Fairy
Favorite Dish: Cardamom, allspice, and Earl Grey cookies! n_n;

Of course baking counts! Welcome!!

Oh gods, I adore allspice cookies... I saw a nice recipe for some Molasses all-spice Cookies that I've been dying to try out!

Years
I'm joining too. Like Jo my heart is in baking, and I hope to continue to expand the recipes In my cookbook through this club.

Baking Name: Sam
Specialty: Peach cobbler, southern biscuits, chocolate chunk cookies are some that I have been making for awhile :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm joining too. Like Jo my heart is in baking, and I hope to continue to expand the recipes In my cookbook through this club.

Baking Name: Sam
Specialty: Peach cobbler, southern biscuits, chocolate chunk cookies are some that I have been making for awhile :)

Welcome, welcome! Maybe you can teach me how to make cobbler sometime?

Hehe, and I adore baking chocolate cookies in general~ I've made some white chocolate cookies recently myself that turned out really good too~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Oh, hell yea I'm in!

Name: LucarioBread
Specialty: chicken curry, beer basted boar ribs (from the WoW cookbook), "leftovers spicy fried noodles" as I call it (basically, the foundation of hot peppers, oyster sauce, egg and noodles remains the same, with leftover meat and vegetables from lunch).

Not much of a baker myself, but I can make stuff like gingerbread cookies, blueberry pie, strudles and puding cake.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh, hell yea I'm in!

Name: LucarioBread
Specialty: chicken curry, beer basted boar ribs (from the WoW cookbook), "leftovers spicy fried noodles" as I call it (basically, the foundation of hot peppers, oyster sauce, egg and noodles remains the same, with leftover meat and vegetables from lunch).

Not much of a baker myself, but I can make stuff like gingerbread cookies, blueberry pie, strudles and puding cake.

Welcome, new friend! (Your username is very fitting!)

I adore baking gingerbread cookies too; it was sort of a holiday tradition for me, hehe. I love cooking curry too. It's a fair amount of work but I just adore the dish so much I'd cook it anytime~

Hey, so for all of you, just curious: is there anything that you guys always wanted to learn how to cook or bake?

Years
Welcome, welcome! Maybe you can teach me how to make cobbler sometime?

Hehe, and I adore baking chocolate cookies in general~ I've made some white chocolate cookies recently myself that turned out really good too~

Well, white chocolate's not the real thing, but I have had some white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies with raspberry that were decent.

Now this is what the chocolate chunk cookie ought to look like in it's pure, uncorrupted form.

See Cookie Monster's example below. He will instruct.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Well, white chocolate's not the real thing, but I have had some white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies with raspberry that were decent.

Now this is what the chocolate chunk cookie ought to look like in it's pure, uncorrupted form.

See Cookie Monster's example below. He will instruct.

I know, I was just saying that it was fun and good to make is all.

I'mnot quite sure about the Cookie Monster bit, but I used to bake a lot of chocolate chunk cookies for a food drive. I kinda taught myself already. c:

There are quite a few things you can try out though... like people make them without any dairy products or brown sugar? Hmmmm...

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Goood morning everyone! I hope you had some successful and tasty meals yesterday, and I hope you will all have an even tastier time today!
So, just wondering: What kind of things do you like making for breakfast? It doesn't have to involve cooking per se, just a meal that you like to prepare for the morning.

I really do enjoy making an omelette with some shredded cheese in it, so when it cooks, it melts inside the omelette. It's simple, yet very filling!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Name: Annie
Specialty (what is your favorite dish to make): I'm always trying new recipes so it's hard to choose, but some of my staples are spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, French toast (the sweet version), homemade ice cream, curry and rice, apple crumble and cakes! Baked cheesecake is one I make often, and I prefer baking overall... I have a huge sweet tooth!

Spoiler:

I know, I was just saying that it was fun and good to make is all.

I'mnot quite sure about the Cookie Monster bit, but I used to bake a lot of chocolate chunk cookies for a food drive. I kinda taught myself already. c:

There are quite a few things you can try out though... like people make them without any dairy products or brown sugar? Hmmmm...

Can I ask what recipes you both use for chocolate chip cookies? :D I want to know your secrets!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
For breakfast, I tend to not complicate too much. I enjoy making grilled cheese in the morning. Butter spread on both slices of bread, tilzit cheese in the middle with some oregano. Simple and delicious. My brother also puts a couple of pieces of bacon in it.
I like making omelettes with all sorts of fillings, but I can't remember when I last made it for breakfast. Usually I make it for dinner if there are no lunch leftovers.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hello hello!

Name: Aslan / Sophie

Specialty: I'm quite new to cooking but I've learnt a lot of Chinese dishes from my family (Cantonese style tomato and eggs, Chinese style pork and potatoes etc.)! Still have a lot to learn though.

I love the idea of learning to cook - especially suffering from acid reflux + the fact that I plan to go live overseas for a year in the near future, its important that I find some new and good dishes to cook! Also cooking is just super fun \o/ Right now I guess I am looking into learning more of the dishes my family makes as I grew up eating those and it'd be nice to be able to cook Chinese food when I live on my own. Also some Chinese foods are just fun to make - whilst it's not practical to make dumplings from scratch all the time, I feel like everyone should try it as it is very fun. For breakfast, I've never properly 'cooked' anything other than basic foods like oatmeal. Or I'll have a chia seed pudding or make myself a smoothie which again doesn't take any actual cooking. At most I'll make rice noodles, vegetable and an egg if I'm feeling fancy. Nothing too big as I am definitely just ready to eat in the morning rather than cooking :'D

Years
I cooked a scrumptious Spanish Omelette this weekend if I do say so myself. A Spanish omelette can be fixed all kinds of ways, some put pork in it or cheese. I made mine a vegan omelette. Because it always cooks up so large like a pizza my family and I are still eatting it the last of it today. So good.

Typically the word vegan and omelette don't go hand in hand because an omelette is made from eggs. I felt the Spanish omelette was a good candidate to swap with a vegan substitution however because eggs are not the dominant flavor. It's the potatoes that actually make this type of omelette-- it's a mixture of onion, potato and egg, and potatoes are the key, everything else you have so much room to play with, but without them it would not taste the same. The eggs are there in the background like they are when preparing latkes/potato pancakes. They give the omelette structure, but other ingredients can do that too without altering the taste very much.

I find the omelette serve 3 or 4 people. Here's my recipe.

1) Spread canola oil over a sauce pan and let it heat up. You can use any cooking oils like olive oil, avocado, sweet almond oil, corn oil-- this is just the oil I had on hand.

2) I chopped half of a onion with a knife, while running water from the kitchen faucet over the onion bulb so the gasses released from the onion would not float into my eyes and make me cry. My onion was a yellow onion from the Farmer's market, but you can use any kind of onions you want.

3) Covered the pan in diced onions and let them simmer and carmelize slowly in the oil.

4) Thinly sliced 3 potatoes. They were organic Russet potatoes from Nature's Promise. But any potatoes will do. You can even use baby potatoes, but you'd need more of them to get the same serving size.

5) Add them to the frying pan with the cooking oil and let it all sizzle together for several minutes until the potatoes are no longer raw, but soft. I recommend checking on them, poking and stirring them with a spatula so they don't stick.

6) Normally you would crack 6 eggs into a bowl at this point. Since I am vegan however I used an Indian plant-based formula called Nummy Nibbles. It's made from from chickpea flour and it tastes like potatoes when cooked. I used their original formula, which is chick pea flour and a mixture of dried vegetables- mushroom, onion, tomato black pepper and black salt. I added 3 pouches of it to a bowl with water and stirred it up as my egg mixture. Only add water if you are not using eggs.

If you are vegan or not vegan but looking for something unusual to spice up the kitchen this is what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Omelet-Scram...=nummy+nibbles+original&qid=1605623781&sr=8-1

7) I scooped out the onions and potatoes--which were about the texture of scalloped potatoes. Then whisked it up in the bowl with the nummy nibbles.

8) This part is fun and where you can be creative. Seasoning! Add any flavors you like to the bowl to give it an extra umph. I was feeling decadent and added a few threads of saffron and another shake of cracked pepper and salt, but it's whatever spice you want to use for flavor--or nothing at all if that is your wish.

9) Let the bowl of golden goodness sit for a few minutes to absorb the flavor. Some people cover their bowl of potato and eggs with aluminum foil. You will want the eggs or egg institute to have body and not be watery and runny.

10) Pour all contents of the bowl into a hot pan again.

10) Turn the temperature down on low and let it slowly cook and get firm. Heat may vary depending on your oven.

11) With a spatula, knife or fork feel the sides of the skillet, and see what it looks like as the minutes pass by. It should be a vivid yellow and brown, it needs to be solid and not sticking.

12)When it's ready take a large plate, and place the surface of the plate over top of the open pan. The plate must be large enough to cover the entire mouth of the pan, and heat-safe. Keep the dish pressed carefully against the pan. Hold the pan by the handle and flip the pan over so that the omelette is now on your plate. You should have a golden crispy omelette top, and only the bottom of the omelette left to cook.

13) Put the hot pan back on the stove. You may need to apply some more cooking oil to the pan to make sure the omelette is moist and won't stick.

14) Take a fork or spatula and push the omelette back into the hot pan and let the opposite side of your omelette cook.

15) When it's all ready take the omelette out of the pan, set it on a fresh plate and serve.

I garnished mine with some rosemary from the family herb garden. It was heavenly. I will have to make this again.

Last edited:
Years
Figure

Lamb and Onion pasties and Spiced Apple Pasties, I'll post a picture in a bit. 😃

Edit: I'm still struggling with uploading pictures, too smooth brained I guess.

But I think a picture of the apple pasty should be up? It's Pate Brisee, Spiced Granny Smiths, I usually use dark brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cardamom, beer caramel, candied walnuts, and either whipped chevre or chantilly.

Attachments

• Apple Pasty.jpg
    Apple Pasty.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oooh, the omlette looks delicious, and the pastieres looks great!

I think I might switch to practicing making some baked goods for a while... like I actually wanna make some Christmas-styled cakes pretty soon? In my family (who are jamaican), we usually bake Jamaican Rum Cake like this:

NYC_blackcake1-670x447.jpg

But you can easily replace the rum with anything, or not have any at all.

Years
Oooh, the omlette looks delicious, and the pastieres looks great!

I think I might switch to practicing making some baked goods for a while... like I actually wanna make some Christmas-styled cakes pretty soon? In my family (who are jamaican), we usually bake Jamaican Rum Cake like this:

NYC_blackcake1-670x447.jpg

But you can easily replace the rum with anything, or not have any at all.

Sounds like a great recipe for the time of the year! I love the warm Jamaican spices and the recipe I am looking at has some citrus in it as well which is interesting.

Years
I made the best baked apples yesterday afternoon. I don't even like baked apples, but thought of making them because my mom has liked them ever since she was a little girl, and she has a constant sweet tooth. She recently had surgery and it's best for her to eat soft foods that are easy to swallow after the operation. She was crying for my lemon cake, sweet potato pie, blueberry muffins and raspberry dumpling, but I thought that all might be a bit heavy and stick in the throat, so I opted to make something very soft instead with a stu-like consistency.

I didn't take pictures because I didn't think they would be that good honestly, especially because I ommitted a lot of things I would normally add to make the dish more colourful like pecans, fresh mint from the garden and dried fruit, in an effort make it less solid and as easy to digest as possible. Some of things I was also just out of like vanilla and brown sugar, so I thought it might be bland and watery. I also hadn't made baked apples in years so I had not high expectations at all, especially when I forgot they were in the oven and was worried that I had overcooked. But I was pleasantly surprised by how well they turned out, and what a good flavor these relatively simple baked apples were. I just diced apples and added honey, cinnamon, all spice, mace, nutmeg, and ginger to water. When I served it my mom went on and on, said they were delicious, and she ate every last drop.

I am going to make this again sometime, and share the full recipe here because I think I have something here. I'll be making more apple desserts too soon. It's autumn and I have gotbaskets and baskets full of apples on hand, fresh from the farmer's market. Waste not want not!

For starters I'm going to make myself a gourmet candy apple for Thanksgiving.

Years
I made the best baked apples yesterday afternoon. I don't even like baked apples, but thought of making them because my mom has liked them ever since she was a little girl, and she has a constant sweet tooth. She recently had surgery and it's best for her to eat soft foods that are easy to swallow after the operation. She was crying for my lemon cake, sweet potato pie, blueberry muffins and raspberry dumpling, but I thought that all might be a bit heavy and stick in the throat, so I opted to make something very soft instead with a stu-like consistency.

I didn't take pictures because I didn't think they would be that good honestly, especially because I ommitted a lot of things I would normally add to make the dish more colourful like pecans, fresh mint from the garden and dried fruit, in an effort make it less solid and as easy to digest as possible. Some of things I was also just out of like vanilla and brown sugar, so I thought it might be bland and watery. I also hadn't made baked apples in years so I had not high expectations at all, especially when I forgot they were in the oven and was worried that I had overcooked. But I was pleasantly surprised by how well they turned out, and what a good flavor these relatively simple baked apples were. I just diced apples and added honey, cinnamon, all spice, mace, nutmeg, and ginger to water. When I served it my mom went on and on, said they were delicious, and she ate every last drop.

I am going to make this again sometime, and share the full recipe here because I think I have something here. I'll be making more apple desserts too soon. It's autumn and I have gotbaskets and baskets full of apples on hand, fresh from the farmer's market. Waste not want not!

For starters I'm going to make myself a gourmet candy apple for Thanksgiving.

That sounds great! Apples and spice just belong together. Going shopping today for Thanksgiving. My girlfriend is on a really restricted diet so I am going to be making a gluten free lobster bisque and gluten free grilled cheese. We are spending Thanksgiving alone this year because of CoVid so I am just making her favorite foods and I don't like traditional Thanksgiving anyway. I am also using the spiced wine recipe from The Complete Nose To Tail, and I have a lot of King Arthur Flour so I am going to make myself a fruitcake.

Edit: The wine recipe is in The Complete Bocuse a spiced ice cream recipe is in The Complete Nose To Tail.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Have you guys from America taken any Thanksgiving food pictures?

Or just in general, I'd love to hear what you guys have made for Thanksgiving. c:

Back