• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Infernos (Beta 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
hmm... I don't know much, but isn't adding a DP/BW pokemon means that you have to add all those movesets and stuff? and wouldn't it take away another pkmn's spot? (I got no idea as im not much of a hacker - i did a small spell in Fire Emblem, but stopped after a while).

Maybe you could start (slowly) little bits of the game (although I know it would take A LOT of time) and make it into a whole new region... but I think that'll take a lot of aspirin and time to do.

Going off topic here - I would start my own hack if I had enough time on my hands but sadly I don't...

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
well for legends, you could have a few trainers that would fight you one on one, if you win they give you the legend, call them Guardians, and just over right one of the unused OW, and use the Emerald Veteren sprites for bttle.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Edit: Version 1.1 now available! I've been very busy recently, so it features all the updates done up until this point. It might be a while before any more updates come about, but I'll try and answer and questions people have, and see if I can make a start on any errors :)

Sorry for the delay in providing these updates :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I never got round to playing it properly before, and I dunno which folder its even in, but I'll play this version, it looks good :)
Did you ever change the trades?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I never got round to playing it properly before, and I dunno which folder its even in, but I'll play this version, it looks good :)
Did you ever change the trades?
Yeah I did. I can't remember where each one is, but here's the list :)

Trade : Receive
Ralts for Mr. Mime
Hariyama for Jynx
Roselia for Wynaut
Spearow for Farfetch'd
Snorunt for Tropius
Noctowl for Delcatty
Medicham for Electabuzz
Corsola for Beldum
Girafarig for Magmar

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Yeah I did. I can't remember where each one is, but here's the list :)

Trade : Receive
Ralts for Mr. Mime
Hariyama for Jynx
Roselia for Wynaut
Spearow for Farfetch'd
Snorunt for Tropius
Noctowl for Delcatty
Medicham for Electabuzz
Corsola for Beldum

Girafarig for Magmar
Thanks. I'm up to Cerulean at the moment - having to have a rematch with Misty because Starmie just seemed so quick and its Water Pulse is really annoying >.<

Oh, and its really good seeing all the newer sprites. Just makes battles a lot nicer to look at. Team is currently Ivysaur, Spoink, Ledian, Solrock (and training future HM Slave Linoone).

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I'm trying to change the battle backgrounds so they look more vibrant - I'll probably stick with the geometric patterns, but use more vibrant colours to make the battle screen look more dynamic and to match the new sprites. Unfortunately, I've not had much luck with it yet :\

I'm also going to add some better pictures to the front page that include the changes that have been made since the 1st beta. If I manage to change the battle backgrounds though, these will have to be changed AGAIN >.<

Also, the battle text against Cleo in Silph Co. is somehow STILL messed up. It doesn't screw up the game or anything, you just get a few lines of weird symbols :\ Sorry about this.

If anyone else has encountered any problems, or has any comments, questions etc. then feel free to ask :)

Years
yay... a new version... now i just need to retrain all my team... although i do admit that is the fun part. maybe this time i'll focus more on a BALANCED team... but with all this holiday work, i don't expect to be able to play much T.T

and keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
yay... a new version... now i just need to retrain all my team... although i do admit that is the fun part. maybe this time i'll focus more on a BALANCED team... but with all this holiday work, i don't expect to be able to play much T.T

and keep up the good work!

Haha, I can't imagine playing JUST with Charizard was that entertaining the last time :P I've got loads of work too at the moment (I was originally planning on just editing the pokemon available and those used by trainers in a time where I wasn't busy), and it sort of escalated from there.

I don't even know what I want from future versions to be honest, because realistically, I'm not skilled enough to do a lot of the higher level stuff, but I'm slowly getting there. In the future I might look for help with some of the harder stuff because I'm getting to quite like this and it'd be nice to see it developed properly :)

Years
Haha, I can't imagine playing JUST with Charizard was that entertaining the last time :P I've got loads of work too at the moment (I was originally planning on just editing the pokemon available and those used by trainers in a time where I wasn't busy), and it sort of escalated from there.

HEY! I had a balanced team (later) with a heracross, Alakazam and a scyther! but still, maybe...

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
HEY! I had a balanced team (later) with a heracross, Alakazam and a scyther! but still, maybe...
Haha - maybe you could try playing without using your starter? I need to play through the game again for more testing, and to get some (hopefully better) screenshots for the main post, and I'll probably just use caught pokemon on this playthrough too :)

Also, the front post says that Beta 1.1 has been downloaded about 48 times - I'd really appreciate it if some more of those people would let me know how they're getting on, what they think etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Grassmen, where can I find a Dratini? I know I can get one at the game corner, but can they be caught anywhere else? Game Corner prices are excessive!

Oh, and can I suggest that at some point you update the sprites of Surskit and Meditite with newer ones? The normal 3rd gen ones are really nasty...

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Grassmen, where can I find a Dratini? I know I can get one at the game corner, but can they be caught anywhere else? Game Corner prices are excessive!

Oh, and can I suggest that at some point you update the sprites of Surskit and Meditite with newer ones? The normal 3rd gen ones are really nasty...
Hey Synergise.

Firstly, the Dratini are surprisingly cheap, much more so than Porygon or Scyther. But if you want to catch them, you can by fishing in the Safari Zone, or surfing on Route 23 (water before Victory Road). Rare in both circumstances.

And that's fine. I'll make a start on it soon. If you, or anyone else has more sprite requests (or any other requests), let me know :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Grassmen, have you ever played Fire Red Omega? I've played it before and it was good (though I think Infernos is better :P ). It's quite similar except there are different pokemon available at different times and different gym battles. And obviously no Cleo or whatever. But what it does have is that you get given pokemon like the Hoenn starters throughout the game. Maybe you could have something like that too?

I'm trying to think of other ideas for what could make Infernos stand out, because its really fun, but might need something else to make it stand out more and make it more popular. One day I might do a LP of Infernos on the forums or youtube or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Grassmen, have you ever played Fire Red Omega? I've played it before and it was good (though I think Infernos is better :P ). It's quite similar except there are different pokemon available at different times and different gym battles. And obviously no Cleo or whatever. But what it does have is that you get given pokemon like the Hoenn starters throughout the game. Maybe you could have something like that too?

I'm trying to think of other ideas for what could make Infernos stand out, because its really fun, but might need something else to make it stand out more and make it more popular. One day I might do a LP of Infernos on the forums or youtube or something.
I stumbled across FR Omega it in the summer, and really enjoyed it. Coincidentally, I used to be a moderator on an RPG forum the creator (Drayano60, or, Drayano) used to own. Anyway, its basically what got me to try and find out how to go about making my own, so I'm not surprised there are similarities, but I purposely tried to make it different so that it wasnt just a slightly different version of the same game. Though to be honest, I'm not really sure what else to do! :P (Oh, and I'm glad you prefer Infernos :P )

And I agree; I'd like this to be pretty popular, so its going to need more to get there. People generally don't seem as interested in sideshow hacks, so it'll need more to it to grab people's attention. I either need to keep trying to learn more advanced skills (whichI don't really have the time to do), or get some help with that sort of stuff I think. I'd love to have new tiles, but although I had some minor success at adding them (and I don't consider the actual mapping a problem), there were just so many issues that I couldn't get my head around that mean its just not possible at the moment. That, and it's a mammoth job for someone who doesn't really know what they're doing :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I stumbled across FR Omega it in the summer, and really enjoyed it. Coincidentally, I used to be a moderator on an RPG forum the creator (Drayano60, or, Drayano) used to own. Anyway, its basically what got me to try and find out how to go about making my own, so I'm not surprised there are similarities, but I purposely tried to make it different so that it wasnt just a slightly different version of the same game. Though to be honest, I'm not really sure what else to do! :P (Oh, and I'm glad you prefer Infernos :P )

And I agree; I'd like this to be pretty popular, so its going to need more to get there. People generally don't seem as interested in sideshow hacks, so it'll need more to it to grab people's attention. I either need to keep trying to learn more advanced skills (whichI don't really have the time to do), or get some help with that sort of stuff I think. I'd love to have new tiles, but although I had some minor success at adding them (and I don't consider the actual mapping a problem), there were just so many issues that I couldn't get my head around that mean its just not possible at the moment. That, and it's a mammoth job for someone who doesn't really know what they're doing :P
Stupid Dratini wouldn't stay in the damn safari ball for ages >.<

Yeah, I thought it was quite similar, that's why I made the link. If I were you, I'd see if there was anyone willing or wanting to help you out, because I think you've got the base of a really good hack. I don't know anything about rom hacking though, so I won't be able to help, sorry.

By the way, if you can get those tiles in from before, that'd be great, because I really liked them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
By the way, if you can get those tiles in from before, that'd be great, because I really liked them.
Yeah, I really like the idea of improving the tiles too, but really, it's at the bottom of my priorities because I just don't know how to do it very well. If I can get someone who knows how to do it, and can do it well, then I might consider getting them onboard, but for now, I'm going to focus on making sure the main game plays the way I want (how I'll do that at the moment though, I don't know).

What I am working on at the moment are a group of documents that provide information for players as to what exactly has changed. I've already created a 9 page word document that lists information for all the major battles (all rival battles, rocket battles, gym and elite four battles), including movesets. I'll hope it'll help people out. All the files will come with the next beta, but I'm going to put this first one on as a sample to download on the front page, or this post :)

Attachments

• Important Trainer Data.doc
    665 KB · Views: 19
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
It looks really good and very clear :)
I'll try not to use it because I like not fully knowing, but at the same tme, I might use the information to plan my team more, or if I lose to one of the them and need it to beat them. What other documents are you going to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back