• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It may be a "holo", but it's a reverse holo if it is holo, and the rarity is still common, so it's worth maybe an extra 5 cents more than the normal version, if that.

I'm not sure what the card's info is because it's in japanese, and i dont have a scanner or camera, but it is set up like a trainer card. It has a picture of a pikachu drawing a charmander, and it says 'ILLUSTRATOR' at the top. also, im not quite sure what set it is from because it doesnt have a number, and the 'set icon' is just a paintbrush or microphone or something. also in the bottom corner there are 2 stars, so im hoping its rare.

What you've just described would be known as the Pikachu Illustrator card, if the version you have is legitimate. However, I doubt the authenticity of your version, as only 6 are confirmed to exist, only 5 are in "circulation", and only 4 have been sold. Yours is most likely a fake, because if it wasn't, you'd probably already be aware of what it was last sold for.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Near Mint Japanese Metagross Gold Star 075/086 Holon Research Tower 1st edition

Spoiler:

#1-Trainer

Poke' Master.
Years
What's a good price for a complete set of base, jungle and fossil sets in unlimited - as a whole. The average condition for the cards would probably be around 8.5-10 condition, all non-played - save for a very sad Machamp card. lolz!

Years
Here you go! Sorry for the long wait, I got swamped with homework
Oh. Those are just normal holos, not reverse holos.

Japanese Fossil Dragonite: $2 to $4
Japanese Jungle Flareon: $3 to $5
Japanese Jungle Mr. Mime: $3 to $5

Near Mint Japanese Metagross Gold Star 075/086 Holon Research Tower 1st edition
Spoiler:

$20 to $25

What's a good price for a complete set of base, jungle and fossil sets in unlimited - as a whole. The average condition for the cards would probably be around 8.5-10 condition, all non-played - save for a very sad Machamp card. lolz!

Generally, these three sets aren't sold as a group, so I'll give you individual set prices.

Base: $70 to $90. Closer to the lower end because of that Machamp.
Jungle: $65 to $75.
Fossil: $60 to $70.

Also, I found a listing for them together, and that one went for $250. Only completed listing I found for all three, though. I also found one for both jungle and fossil that only went for $70. Something to chew on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Okay, so I just joined the forum, to ask a question. I recently found, in my possesion, a Victreebel holofoil card from the Jungle set. Pretty nice overall, except for one thing. There is no Jungle set stamp. Instead, there's just a empty space, as if it were from the base set. What is this? What is it worth?

Years
Okay, so I just joined the forum, to ask a question. I recently found, in my possesion, a Victreebel holofoil card from the Jungle set. Pretty nice overall, except for one thing. There is no Jungle set stamp. Instead, there's just a empty space, as if it were from the base set. What is this? What is it worth?

It's a misprint. Its worth is about $8 to $10.

dragon's vault dragonite holo
dragon's vault salmence holo

Dragonite: $1 to $2
Salamence $1 to $3

They're quite easy to get in the Dragon Vault boosters.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Hello, I've been doing a lot of research on the original base sets and everything. I recently bought 4 charizard cards. 2 of them have a little black mark beside the bottom right of the portrait, and the other 2 are base set 1 charizards without the black checkish mark. I've been looking online and I think the checked ones are unlimited? but cant find their worth. i haven't received them yet so I don't know if the other 2 are shadowless or not. prices for each? also,
1st edition shining celebi, mint
I'm asking because I'm looking to buy this lot of 130+ holos from someone locally for about $160, and they're all holos from base set 1 to the dark pokemon (I think, i haven't seen them all). Some are 1st edition, some aren't. Just wanna make sure it's worth the money. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
How much are these worth:
Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

Ninjask shiny card lv. 42 80hp

bottom of ho-oh legend card 112/123

Probopass shiny lv. 46 90hp 13/146

ursaring shiny lv. 38 100hp 38/123

bastiodon lv. 56 130hp 20/127

A mismagius that says rampardos GL lv. 63 90hp 11/111

vigoroth shiny lv. 28 80hp 64/127

samurott shiny 140hp 31/114

shiny garchomp lv. 71 650hp 5/147

shiny electivire lv. 50 100hp 25/132

shiny card whiscash elite four lv. 50 80hp 54/111

Yanmega elite four lv. 49 37/111

starmie lv. 44 shiny 50/111

breloom 70hp 16/109

There will be more but just these for now

Years
Hello, I've been doing a lot of research on the original base sets and everything. I recently bought 4 charizard cards. 2 of them have a little black mark beside the bottom right of the portrait, and the other 2 are base set 1 charizards without the black checkish mark. I've been looking online and I think the checked ones are unlimited? but cant find their worth. i haven't received them yet so I don't know if the other 2 are shadowless or not. prices for each? also,
1st edition shining celebi, mint
I'm asking because I'm looking to buy this lot of 130+ holos from someone locally for about $160, and they're all holos from base set 1 to the dark pokemon (I think, i haven't seen them all). Some are 1st edition, some aren't. Just wanna make sure it's worth the money. :)

The ones from the unlimited print run shouldn't have any checkmarks at all. A picture would help me identify those. As for the ones you have already, are those 1st edition?

1st Edition Shining Celebi can fetch anywhere between $50 and $100 by itself, and far more than that if it's PSA graded, so I think the lot you're looking at is worth it.

Japanese Red Gyarados 3 stars No. 130 in great condition.

$45 to $65.

How much are these worth:
Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

Ninjask shiny card lv. 42 80hp

bottom of ho-oh legend card 112/123

Probopass shiny lv. 46 90hp 13/146

ursaring shiny lv. 38 100hp 38/123

bastiodon lv. 56 130hp 20/127

A mismagius that says rampardos GL lv. 63 90hp 11/111

vigoroth shiny lv. 28 80hp 64/127

samurott shiny 140hp 31/114

shiny garchomp lv. 71 650hp 5/147

shiny electivire lv. 50 100hp 25/132

shiny card whiscash elite four lv. 50 80hp 54/111

Yanmega elite four lv. 49 37/111

starmie lv. 44 shiny 50/111

breloom 70hp 16/109

There will be more but just these for now

I can't price them if you don't provide sets for these. 90% of these cards share similar traits with another card, and I can't guess the sets they're from just with the collector's number level, and HP. I need the actual set name for most of these.

I can price Ho-Oh LEGEND's bottom half for you, though, as there's only one possible card that could be. That would be $4 to $7.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Hi All,

I would like to get an idea of the general consensus for the pricing of part of my collection:

PSA Graded 10 Team Rocket First Edition Dark Raichu 83/82
Base Set First Edition Shadowless Charizard in Mint Condition (There are 2)
GMA Graded 10 Neo Destiny Shining Charizard 107/105
PSA Graded 8.5 Neo Destiny First Edition Shining Charizard 107/105

It appears I am unable to load a picture to this post, please view my album for a photo.
pokecommunity . com/picture.php?albumid=8467&pictureid=68208

Also, what are your opinions of the pricing of Pokemon cards in general? Are they going up? Down? Or staying constant?
If there is an existing forum discussion on this question already please link me.

Last edited:
Years
Hi All,

I would like to get an idea of the general consensus for the pricing of part of my collection:

PSA Graded 10 Team Rocket First Edition Dark Raichu 83/82
Base Set First Edition Shadowless Charizard in Mint Condition (There are 2)
GMA Graded 10 Neo Destiny Shining Charizard 107/105
PSA Graded 8.5 Neo Destiny First Edition Shining Charizard 107/105

It appears I am unable to load a picture to this post, please view my album for a photo.
pokecommunity . com/picture.php?albumid=8467&pictureid=68208

Also, what are your opinions of the pricing of Pokemon cards in general? Are they going up? Down? Or staying constant?
If there is an existing forum discussion on this question already please link me.

The last two PSA 8 graded Shining Charizard cards went for $122.50 on November 19 and for $51.00 on November 23. For an 8.5 grading, I'd say that $70 to $85 is what you could probably expect, given the fact that the past few listings on eBay haven't sold with a price of $114 for the base bid.

As for the GMA 10 graded one, it's probably worth $130 to $145, based on what has and hasn't sold for both gradings of its level and lower gradings.

1st Edition Shadowless Charizards: Presently, people seem to be willing to post up a premium price for them, with a few ungraded ones going for between $200 and $300 (far closer to the $220 to $245 range, to be more precise). Though graded ones have also been going in that range, so I expect a market correction in the pricing of one of these soon.

PSA 10 Dark Raichu: $40 to $50. Some PSA 8 graded ones are currently being sold and have been sold for a lower value, making the price of the PSA 10 one likely to drop from the last sale of $57.

For most of the older cards, the prices are past the peak they were at several years ago. The rarest ones and the ones most in demand, however, are an exception to this, though the prices in general have been fluctuating regularly with the seasons, as demand also fluctuates.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
Hi! My username will pretty much explain what I was going to write anyways.

So, to business. While I'm sure these aren't valuable cards, I found them while cleaning my room and became curious because....I've never personally owned and Pokemon cards, haha. I remember my older brother had a binder full of them. Alas, he got rid of them all. I mean, nobody I knew back then had any idea how to actually play with the cards properly (nor does anyone I know now, to my knowledge. Including myself) but, still I'm curious and interested about these 2 cards.
Mostly because they must be of some age, because the Pikachu is still fat in the picture.

I'm going to try and provide you with all the information the rule post set out, even though I'm a complete foreigner here and don't understand half of the jargon.

Pikachu
Umm...Looks kind of like a flower picture. A very broad-petaled flower.
60/64
Nope, not a First Edition.
It's shadowed.
Also, the HP text is red...I can't tell if it's bolded or not, but it is red, if that helps.

This second one, I'd wager, is even more commonplace.

Unown J
Promo
Well, it's not a x/y number, but it's 38.
Not First Edition either.
It has a shadow.

Well, thanks in advance. I was happy just finding a thread like this that's been active in the last 4 years, haha. I'm really not so interested in selling them. Partially because I doubt they're worth much, and partially because.....Well I just don't see the point.
If, somehow, you could approximate their print date (or at least, a date range) that would be awesome. I'm usually more concerned about how old something is than how much it's worth.

-Tom

Years
First one is a Jungle Pikachu. Its set was released in 1999. Specifically, June/July 1999. The one you described is worth maybe $0.50.

Second one is a Wizards of the Coast Black Star Promo Unown J (Black Star Promo number 38, to be precise). It's worth about $1. It was packaged with the 3rd Pokemon movie when it was released on VHS and DVD in August 2001.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
The last two PSA 8 graded Shining Charizard cards went for $122.50 on November 19 and for $51.00 on November 23. For an 8.5 grading, I'd say that $70 to $85 is what you could probably expect, given the fact that the past few listings on eBay haven't sold with a price of $114 for the base bid.

As for the GMA 10 graded one, it's probably worth $130 to $145, based on what has and hasn't sold for both gradings of its level and lower gradings.

1st Edition Shadowless Charizards: Presently, people seem to be willing to post up a premium price for them, with a few ungraded ones going for between $200 and $300 (far closer to the $220 to $245 range, to be more precise). Though graded ones have also been going in that range, so I expect a market correction in the pricing of one of these soon.

PSA 10 Dark Raichu: $40 to $50. Some PSA 8 graded ones are currently being sold and have been sold for a lower value, making the price of the PSA 10 one likely to drop from the last sale of $57.

For most of the older cards, the prices are past the peak they were at several years ago. The rarest ones and the ones most in demand, however, are an exception to this, though the prices in general have been fluctuating regularly with the seasons, as demand also fluctuates.

Thanks for the info donnavannj.

For the PSA cards, what would be pricing comparison between a non First Edition and a First Edition?
You mentioned that the PSA Dark Raichu would be worth $40-50 and the PSA Shining Charizard is worth $70-85, how much would non-First Edition equivalents cost.

Considering that getting PSA grading costs $20-40, would you say that it's really not worth it to have gotten these cards PSA graded in the first place?

What would be the price of an un-graded Mint First Edition Dark Raichu, and Near Mint First Edition Shining Charizard?

-wgd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back