• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inactive forums and forum pleads.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lerroux, stop making me post here. It's ****ing annoying to have to see this stuff when again, I am TRYING TO STAY AWAY.

Either way, glad B/W is exempt but you are NOT removing CBC. S&M combined probably had over that amount so it should be exempt too. And if you remove it, I will persuade PPN to remove you. :)

Years
WHOA WHOA WHOA LET'S NOT BE HASTY NOW. DELETING 21 ****ING FORUMS WILL BE QUITE A LOSS TO THE COMMUNITY.

Seriously, that's 64% of the forums visible from the index! 64%! DELETING THAT MUCH OF THE FORUM IS INSANE AND GIVES THE IMPRESSION OF A TOXIC ATMOSPHERE AT THE WEBSITE! IT WILL SCARE OFF THE BEST AND SMARTEST USERS AND ONLY THE WORST OF THE WORST WILL REMAIN!

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
OK, so with the 100k rule, we are getting rid of or condensing:

Announcements
Questions & Feedback
Staff Lounge
VIP Forum
Style Studio
Black & White
Competitive Battling Center
Pokemon Gaming Central
Challenges
Advance Generation Games
Metal and Color Generation Games
Spinoff Games
Pokemon Anime
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Fan Fiction and Writing
Game Development
Video Gaming
Computers & Technology
Japanese Entertainment
Culture & Media
Tabletop Games

That's 21 forums, some of which are incredibly important to the fabric of the community. And for what? So that the numbers look prettier?

That's ridiculous. You're ridiculous. But nothing the mods have to say seems to matter to you anyway, so I'm not really sure why you bothered to post this here at all.
Well this is an administrative matter. Not a moderator matter.

But half of the point of this thread is to plead your cases as leaders of those forums and to convince me that it's not the best thing to do to remove or merge the forum, but a different approach is necessary. Forum pleads.

Down with all of 'em. Good for nothin' forums taking up space.
Good to see you finally coming around!

Yes, support the removal of the section that's promoting literacy.
What section is that?

... wow. That's a lot more than I thought. Not sure if I wanna say that's a sad thing or not.
You don't have to. It won't be that way for long.

Lerroux, stop making me post here. It's ****ing annoying to have to see this stuff when again, I am TRYING TO STAY AWAY.

Either way, glad B/W is exempt but you are NOT removing CBC. S&M combined probably had over that amount so it should be exempt too. And if you remove it, I will persuade PPN to remove you. :)
Maybe you should consider taking a step down if you can't handle an LoA. Not having any restraint is something that I don't think's good in a moderator. I'll remove CBC if I see it's appropriate to remove it, however.

WHOA WHOA WHOA LET'S NOT BE HASTY NOW. DELETING 21 ****ING FORUMS WILL BE QUITE A LOSS TO THE COMMUNITY.

Seriously, that's 64% of the forums visible from the index! 64%! DELETING THAT MUCH OF THE FORUM IS INSANE AND GIVES THE IMPRESSION OF A TOXIC ATMOSPHERE AT THE WEBSITE! IT WILL SCARE OFF THE BEST AND SMARTEST USERS AND ONLY THE WORST OF THE WORST WILL REMAIN!
Don't worry, I'll be merging some of them. I'm just going to delete the useless ones. I haven't decided what those are yet, though.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Hurrr duuurrr someone doesn't understand sarcasm.
If that's how you feel, that's fine, so be it. Sarcasm aside, I still have another administrator who agrees with me that weeding out the inactive forums is the most appropriate form of action, and that's really all I care about. All the nay-sayers can gather together and complain to someone who cares.

Years
Even if you're only deleting 10 forums, that is still a colossally dramatic change that still gives the impression of a toxic atmosphere! Even just one less trafficked forum being deleted will cause members to be up in arms and scares away the rational and intelligent members who counteract the horribly n00bish members that so greatly agitate staff members! The horribly n00bish members would be the only ones who remain! I don't know about you, but I'd be deterred from a site populated by such n00bs if it were my first time stumbling across it!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
23423453422.png

Years
Good riddance. And how about we ban all the members with odd number of posts because it doesn't look good. And don't forget the members with numbers in their usernames.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe you should consider taking a step down if you can't handle an LoA. Not having any restraint is something that I don't think's good in a moderator. I'll remove CBC if I see it's appropriate to remove it, however.

I am handling my LoA perfectly fine. I see a report there which I have no intention to do, so you should be pleased with me. This is such an important matter that I have to post about, so yeaaaaaah. Either way, CBC is a community, and a great place for new battlers. ;x I'll try to say this nicely - PLEASE DON'T RUIN THIS.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Nica, don't bother. >__>

Erica, why are you agreeing with him? Wow.

Lerroux,
honey, baby, sugar pie, etc.

What the fuck?

I doubt you think highly of me, so I've got nothing to ruin anymore.

I'm sorry, but PC functioned just fine with us handling things, and it's done so for years. It's got all the admins that it needs, and honestly why would you wanna fix something that isn't broken? The forums work just fine as they are.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
As long as you don't touch my precious clubs, I'm fine with getting rid of some of those inactive forums. And I don't see why B+W should be exempt from this ruling, if it were truly active and popular enough, it would have the posts required to be safe from this.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
As long as you don't touch my precious clubs, I'm fine with getting rid of some of those inactive forums. And I don't see why B+W should be exempt from this ruling, if it were truly active and popular enough, it would have the posts required to be safe from this.

I already explained why. Please read my post again.

Nica, don't bother. >__>

Erica, why are you agreeing with him? Wow.

Lerroux,
honey, baby, sugar pie, etc.

What the fuck?

I doubt you think highly of me, so I've got nothing to ruin anymore.

I'm sorry, but PC functioned just fine with us handling things, and it's done so for years. It's got all the admins that it needs, and honestly why would you wanna fix something that isn't broken? The forums work just fine as they are.

The forum can be improved. You'll see exactly what I mean when I'm done.

I am handling my LoA perfectly fine. I see a report there which I have no intention to do, so you should be pleased with me. This is such an important matter that I have to post about, so yeaaaaaah. Either way, CBC is a community, and a great place for new battlers. ;x I'll try to say this nicely - PLEASE DON'T RUIN THIS.

Well good for you, now I do suggest you return to your LoA and leave me to my business.

Good riddance. And how about we ban all the members with odd number of posts because it doesn't look good. And don't forget the members with numbers in their usernames.

Good idea. I'll get back to you on that.

Even if you're only deleting 10 forums, that is still a colossally dramatic change that still gives the impression of a toxic atmosphere! Even just one less trafficked forum being deleted will cause members to be up in arms and scares away the rational and intelligent members who counteract the horribly n00bish members that so greatly agitate staff members! The horribly n00bish members would be the only ones who remain! I don't know about you, but I'd be deterred from a site populated by such n00bs if it were my first time stumbling across it!

You over-analyse far too much. It will be fine. It's for the better.

Years
Emulation has more than double the 'necessary' posts, so it's totally safe, but I'm posting to show my disagreement with this, as I have with most of your other posts, Lerroux. I'm not arguing, as that clearly isn't going to work any more- I'm just making sure my opinion is heard, before you take THAT away.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well good. NU/W is almost at 200,000 posts so not much for me to worry about. xD I feel bad for those forums that might have to be merged/deleted. Honestly, the majority of the forums deserve to stay. Maybe if we could promote more activity in those forums, they can reach the 100k mark and be exempt for merge/deletion?

Logie. I don't know you, but I hate you already.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
OKAY NEW TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD

Let's talk about something more productive and helpful for the community: Gira's Cyndaquil. Isn't it cute?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
What section is that?
If you knew how to read, you would know. But since your head is so far up your ass you have no light to read by, I'll point it out for you: Fanfiction and Writing. It's the only section I care about.

You come in here claiming to know everything but you still don't know what sections are moderated by whom.

Back