• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Unused/underused features!

Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed

• Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • "Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views

Votes: 139 39.2%
  • Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten th

Votes: 250 70.4%
  • Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachme

Votes: 137 38.6%
  • Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc.

Votes: 136 38.3%
  • "Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other so

Votes: 59 16.6%
  • Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"?

Votes: 109 30.7%
  • The calendar. 'nuff said.

Votes: 64 18.0%
  • Instant messenger icons in posts

Votes: 74 20.8%
  • Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images

Votes: 148 41.7%

• Total voters

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I voted!

★ Post Icons ★

I like these, and wish there were more choices!

★ Page Breakdown ★

I feel this is necessary for a board. Otherwise, it'll make finding posts or reading posts hard, like in DCC where it'll bring me to Page 7 but there are still three pages of new replies after that...

Same applies if this was meant for thread-surfing. Should be looking for more convenience instead of limiting these kinds of things.

★ Community Links ★

All the time. All. the. time.

★ Albums ★

I have a few albums. I don't really look at others, but I think it's nice to have, just in case.

★ Youtube Videos in Profiles ★

Need. This is a fun feature (not to mention, bigger background image in profile...)

Years
I'm all for the Oekaki being removed. That place never gets activity.

But as for what I want kept, definitely the YouTube videos on profiles because they make great Supporter profiles, the page breakdown, and the picture albums of course!

Years
Really hope that we can keep the page breakdown, as this makes it a lot easier to access different pages of a thread without having to click first/last, then going to the page you want.

I also hope that we can keep the Youtube videos in profiles, as they can make for some really nice looking profiles.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Oekaki should be on that poll, and it's the only thing I'd like to see removed. I haven't seen anyone use it for a looooong time.

All other features, meh.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Just jumping in again, there seems to be a general consensus that the Oekaki should be obliterated and wiped from memory?
After all, the last piece of artwork on there was from 2011 and the 'news' headline is from 2006, sooooooo

Years
If you disabled albums, people wouldn't be able to use backgorunds. Or would you just limit it?
While the I don't use the "Share this thread" feature myself, I think it's beneficial to the forum if things get spread out on social networks.
I barely notice the Oekaki and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't see anything bad about it and think instead of removing it, it could be promoted a little and given a last chance? This is probably stupid of me to say since I never used it, but removing it wouldn't really change anything about the forums (okay, that could also be used as a reason to remove it^^;)

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
...where in God's name is the calendar. o_o

Anyway, the only thing that I feel truly matter (for me anyway) would be the Youtube video (I just figured out how to make my profile awesome, don't do this to me), and the hot threads icons. The others I don't really use at all. Hell, some I never used.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oops I should of added what I wanted removed. I definitely agree with everyone who says the Oekaki should be removed. Nobody uses it and I really never cared to use it myself. Also Hot Threads too cause honestly I didn't even know it existed and don't see much of use for it. Everything else is fine.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I voted for albums since they are used for profile stuff, but of there is an alternate way to allow that without the albums I would be all for getting rid of them. As well as youtube videos; if a similar option is available without the videos, go ahead and axe them haha.

I like the page breakdown for clubs where an important post is on the second or third page or so but that's about it.

Other than that, looking forward to the changes! :D

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I like every feature, only the Oekaki thats useless imo. Put the Showdown server link instead.

Melody

Banned
Years
Personally I don't think any of the features I voted for should go.

I'd hate to see these go because I use them and love these features:
  • Page breakdown - Why would you be rid of this? It is seriously dead useful for finding posts.
  • Community links - I love these. It'd be a pain in the ass to get to my blog otherwise. Also many old themes are missing important or critical updates to these links and I'd like to see this fixed.
  • Picture albums - I don't always upload things here, but usually when I do it has something to do with my signatures and such. Yes, I use dropbox to host my signature images...but I don't think this feature is entirely useless, as I've had other pictures uploaded too. Sometimes I like to share things like how my nails look or something. Hacks use this as well, and so do profile images...so I see no reason to neuter or remove this.
  • Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images - This is something that I've always liked about PC, and I'd hate to see it go. Being able to choose a video is pretty cool, and even cooler is the option to forego your profile image for a video is genius in my opinon.

There were some other things I voted for, but I wouldn't be heartbroken to see them go. Personally I'd understand though if any of the above were causing too much server load and got removed, but most of them I don't see as being supermassive performance holes primarily because of their underuse. Maybe some of these could be restricted to supporters as well, so that the load is much less.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I've not seen a forum without Page Breakdown, and I love it to pieces.

I like the Post Icons, and I use them lots too.

I like the Extra Thread Icons, but they see less use because they're more specific. I like how they make it easier to navigate though.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
My vote for Community Links is more for blog. I don't go to Chat (it doesn't work on my browser for some reason; says a plug-in is missing, but I have Java installed) and Oekaki, well, like others said, useless.

I also just noticed a "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" on the bottom v that I never saw before o_o is that new? or am I blind?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Only ones I'd be genuinely sad to see go are extra thread images and the page breakdowns. I actually use them, not to mention I can't really think of a visually appealing way to change the breakdown to say first/last.

Everything else... meh.
I voted.. and wouldn't you know it, I picked all of them on that list x.x

Not removing the oekaki.. sorry.
This post does not surprise me in the slightest.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would be elated to see IM, Calendar and "Share this Thread" to hit the road. (Despite my votes. - I voted for the ones I want to go, woops.) Oekaki is terribly useless as well, but by the looks of it, it won't be going any time soon. 8)

Crux

Evermore
Years
Whelp, I voted.

I've found the calendar before, said "Oh, I guess that's cool.", and forgot about it.
But, I do love the youtube videos.

Years
I voted.. and wouldn't you know it, I picked all of them on that list x.x

Not removing the oekaki.. sorry.

We've done away with useful and active parts of the forum before, and for superficial reasons at that. There's no reason for it to be here. I only wish people were as protective of Social Groups, Rep, some moderator permissions, etc, things more important than the Oekaki of which I'm not sure I even spelled correctly.

Back