• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The_Learner's RomBase

Do you like this base ???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
That is half-true. My hack would have only a few post-3 Pokémon, but plenty of post-3 abilities and moves. In my hack, I actually plan on combining your base with Pokéfreak #890's 1020 base, that is, use Pokémon Game Editor in putting Pokémon from Pokéfreak #890's base in your base.

Well i have released v2 with added pokemons... you will need to work a bit more but half of work is done ;)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
I love this rom base
I can't believe that there are few people who doesn't like this base

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I love this rom base
I can't believe that there are few people who doesn't like this base

I feel happy when people like my work...
By the way they dont like the rombase because it contains all features that are already seen in other rombases... and i am just wasting my time on it... i dont know if wveryone think so but few people do think so...
But no matter i am not gonna stop because hatters gonna hate ;)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Thank you. However, I would rather wait until all the work is done.. plus, I want the new backgrounds.

Oh thats good, i am continously working on it so i will regularly making updates...
But about the background... i wont be using the ones in the screenshot (as i am using the same ones in my hack so i dont want same backgound in every hack... probably to give uniqueness to my hack but
I will be using the custom ones made by wesley found in deviantart...
:)

Well i do also think after seeing the v2 you might not be feeling to combine my rombase with anyothets ????

EDIT: Here is the screenshot of the new battle background :) :D
tAUWve3.png

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
Oh thats good, i am continously working on it so i will regularly making updates...
But about the background... i wont be using the ones in the screenshot (as i am using the same ones in my hack so i dont want same backgound in every hack... probably to give uniqueness to my hack but
I will be using the custom ones made by wesley found in deviantart...
:)

Well i do also think after seeing the v2 you might not be feeling to combine my rombase with anyothets ????

EDIT: Here is the screenshot of the new battle background :) :D
tAUWve3.png

I just want new backgrounds; I am not hung up on those specific ones.

Actually, I am no longer going to Pok?freak #890's base, given that thon had to make the hack a... 'group project'. Besides, even if he did, I would rather wait for your complete work, anyways, especially given that I cannot easily move particles between bases.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I just want new backgrounds; I am not hung up on those specific ones.

Actually, I am no longer going to Pok?freak #890's base, given that thon had to make the hack a... 'group project'. Besides, even if he did, I would rather wait for your complete work, anyways, especially given that I cannot easily move particles between bases.
Well i will try my best to complete the work as soon as possible but to inform you, no matter how hard I try it takes longer than my imagination to complete a simple task...so it will be a while.

tell me how to evolve charmilion into charizard?
i tried rare candies but its dont work
Are you a hackers or a player????
It seems as if you are playing it... might you are trsting for bugs..
And next thing do you have the v1 or v2... because in the v1 i had done the starter thing to test the mega evolution and in v2 i had fixed it....
you can fix it simply by going to PGE and editing evolution paramater..

Zervais

Island Kahuna
Years
I'm a little conflicted about this base, Learner. Yes, it has all great features, but they were all (if not mostly) created by other users and can be implemented by players themselves. Like DizzyEgg said, putting it in yourself means you know where the data is going and that way it won't conflict with anything else. Also it defeats the point of learning how to do these things yourself. You're essentially creating a base where hackers only need to change maps, scripts, and overworlds. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I'm a little conflicted about this base, Learner. Yes, it has all great features, but they were all (if not mostly) created by other users and can be implemented by players themselves. Like DizzyEgg said, putting it in yourself means you know where the data is going and that way it won't conflict with anything else. Also it defeats the point of learning how to do these things yourself. You're essentially creating a base where hackers only need to change maps, scripts, and overworlds. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Do you want to say If i should stop my work,
if so then simply say it....
I will stop this work permanently.....
But the thing is as a beginner hacker, I always wanted all these features in the rom and all I would do was the actual hacking... as it would be difficult for the beginner like me to do the asm hacking and more...
but still if most of you say me to stop this, then yes I will probably stop this work and start making the hack which I have already planned...
>_> >:( :|

Trainer 781

Do you want to say If i should stop my work,
if so then simply say it....
I will stop this work permanently.....
But the thing is as a beginner hacker, I always wanted all these features in the rom and all I would do was the actual hacking... as it would be difficult for the beginner like me to do the asm hacking and more...
but still if most of you say me to stop this, then yes I will probably stop this work and start making the hack which I have already planned...
>_> >:( :|

Unfortunately, yes. You should start working on your hack.

Its a very nice thing that you are doing things yourself and want to contribute to the community by providing a useful resource. But your resource isn't going anywhere as Dizzy and some others pointed out.

It also seems that you are considering some of them as haters. Nobody is hating you or your base. They are experienced hackers who want to point you to the right direction and stop wasting your time.

And ASM is not difficult, believe me. They are tons of tutorials out there. And there are few hackers are willing to teach ASM to newbies on the RHM IRC if tutorials don't help.

Even, about 1.5-2 years of my work (ASM routines here and there) was rendered nearly useless by the Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade (which I am a part of currently) except the vast knowledge I gained from ASM hacking.

Don't get discouraged by this and instead take these advice in a positive manner.
You can still continue to use your base for your hack though, It will serve as a very good starting point for your hack.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Unfortunately, yes. You should start working on your hack.

Its a very nice thing that you are doing things yourself and want to contribute to the community by providing a useful resource. But your resource isn't going anywhere as Dizzy and some others pointed out.

It also seems that you are considering some of them as haters. Nobody is hating you or your base. They are experienced hackers who want to point you to the right direction and stop wasting your time.

And ASM is not difficult, believe me. They are tons of tutorials out there. And there are few hackers are willing to teach ASM to newbies on the RHM IRC if tutorials don't help.

Even, about 1.5-2 years of my work (ASM routines here and there) was rendered nearly useless by the Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade (which I am a part of currently) except the vast knowledge I gained from ASM hacking.

Don't get discouraged by this and instead take these advice in a positive manner.
You can still continue to use your base for your hack though, It will serve as a very good starting point for your hack.

Well thanks for pointing out.......
Well moderrator pls delete this thread forever but if not possible simply close it...
I will be removing the attachment and going to permanently stop this project but i will be working on my hack......!!!!!!!!

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
...I feel bad over this. I mean, you can convince me that all of this is ASM stuff that I can put in the game myself, but the main issue is the particles. I would have to depend on Mr Doll Steak's patch, which is quite glitchy. (There is a lot of progress, but there are a few significant glitches here.) Besides, I am not sure on how I would input moves 'from scratch'; at least Pokémon Emerald has that dynamic engine-modification, but not FireRed or LeafGreen. I might mess up a lot in putting not only moves, but also abilities.

In short, even if I am willing to learn ASM, your work here would be necessary for me until someone actually makes a dynamic engine-modification of FireRed or LeafGreen.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
...I feel bad over this. I mean, you can convince me that all of this is ASM stuff that I can put in the game myself, but the main issue is the particles. I would have to depend on Mr Doll Steak's patch, which is quite glitchy. (There is a lot of progress, but there are a few significant glitches here.) Besides, I am not sure on how I would input moves 'from scratch'; at least Pokémon Emerald has that dynamic engine-modification, but not FireRed or LeafGreen. I might mess up a lot in putting not only moves, but also abilities.

In short, even if I am willing to learn ASM, your work here would be necessary for me until someone actually makes a dynamic engine-modification of FireRed or LeafGreen.

well now... I am never gonna contribute over resources and tutorial now on... atleast not by letting my self-respect down.... but you can still ask me on personal level... I will help you as much as I can, but right now, for particles you need to learn some tutorials...

Visit the threads below and read them carefully...
you can easily add particles yourself by reading the tutorials carefully :)
1. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=308062
visit the link above to add new particles.
This tutorial by Mr.Dollsteak is superb easy to understand and also to implement :)
2. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300524
and the link above to add the moves and learn eveything else...

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
To be honest I don't see what the fuss is. We have several rombases like MrDollSteak's and various others which are buggy and incomplete, but somehow this rombase isn't worth making? That doesn't make any sense.

It's very easy to say "If you want x feature in your hack just put it in yourself" but at the same time it takes time and effort to do a lot of things, especially like adding in Pokemon to get the full 721. I was quite looking forward to trying this rombase out once all the Pokemon had been added, especially since currently all the alternatives are buggy and incomplete.

The_learner I look forward to seeing what you make in the future, even if you do give up on this.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
To be honest I don't see what the fuss is. We have several rombases like MrDollSteak's and various others which are buggy and incomplete, but somehow this rombase isn't worth making? That doesn't make any sense.

It's very easy to say "If you want x feature in your hack just put it in yourself" but at the same time it takes time and effort to do a lot of things, especially like adding in Pokemon to get the full 721. I was quite looking forward to trying this rombase out once all the Pokemon had been added, especially since currently all the alternatives are buggy and incomplete.

The_learner I look forward to seeing what you make in the future, even if you do give up on this.

Well As i already said I will never doing any resource thing or the rombase thing now on,
but I will be working on my hack (FR)... even I am working on it at the moment... I will goto my hack :)
I have even got a short glimpse of it ... you can see the thread from my signature as well :)
well by the way I was almost done the pokemon thing also... only the footprints and cries were left.. but unfortunately I am not gonna share my work anymore..
Still thanks for supporting and I do pray that you may get success in rom hacking(If you are simply doing it) and also if you need any of my help or support pls feel free to contact me anytime... through PC or Fb :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back