• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help With Displaying my collection

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 10, 2017
One of the new sets I have really like is Evolutions. I am two cards away from completing the whole set. I was planning on displaying all of the holo's, ex and full arts in a wall mounted display case (with a UV protected closing door). Each card was going to go into ultra pro pro fit sleeve then into a 35pt one touch magnetic. The cards will be displayed in a room that gets no natural sunlight and its not lit that often (maybe 2-3 hours a day).

Concerns

-Will the 35pt one touch be to tight with the pro fit sleeve and cause the ink to lift.
-Should I do the same thing but use a 55 pt one touch
-Do I even need a pro fit sleeve? (once the cards go in the one touch then into the case they won't be handled or moved at all.)

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,

Eric

Years
One of the new sets I have really like is Evolutions. I am two cards away from completing the whole set. I was planning on displaying all of the holo's, ex and full arts in a wall mounted display case (with a UV protected closing door). Each card was going to go into ultra pro pro fit sleeve then into a 35pt one touch magnetic. The cards will be displayed in a room that gets no natural sunlight and its not lit that often (maybe 2-3 hours a day).

Concerns

-Will the 35pt one touch be to tight with the pro fit sleeve and cause the ink to lift.
-Should I do the same thing but use a 55 pt one touch
-Do I even need a pro fit sleeve? (once the cards go in the one touch then into the case they won't be handled or moved at all.)

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,

Eric

This is way beyond anything I've done with my cards, so unfortunately I've got no tips or anything.

If you're looking to keep them in mint condition, that's going to be impossible. Near mint condition is far easier, though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 10, 2017
Well I ended up getting the 55 pt One Touches. I put the cards in a Ultra Pro Pro fit sleeve then into the One Touch.

I am really happy with the fit... it was a perfect fit and I think I am still going to see how 35 pt fit but with the 55 pt was pretty perfect. It doesn't seem like there is t0o much pressure on the card anywhere.

Years
Well I ended up getting the 55 pt One Touches. I put the cards in a Ultra Pro Pro fit sleeve then into the One Touch.

I am really happy with the fit... it was a perfect fit and I think I am still going to see how 35 pt fit but with the 55 pt was pretty perfect. It doesn't seem like there is t0o much pressure on the card anywhere.

Very nice.

I wonder how well Pokemon cards would benefit from humidity controlling protective treatments.

Back