• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 2] Pokemon Crystal Clear (A Gen 2 Enhancement/Remake)

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Rlq14dn_5.png

I AM SO STOKED FOR THIS PLAYTHROUGH!! This game is called Pokemon Crystal Clear and it is an open world version of crystal. There aren't much in the way of story or rivals, but the game is open world, gyms are scaled, and you choose your home town anywhere between johto and Kanto. With 30 different starter options!!!!

So this one is a doosie!

My characters name is Grayson, and he looks like Ethan with a gray jacket and hat!(Oh yea you get to customize from the opening of the game!)

Hopefully I'm gonna finish this one! The goal is to build a team where every pokemon is named after a sports mascot. Why? I don't know, I've used hundreds of names, so why not? Lol

Without further ado!!!​

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Rlq14dn_5.png

Alright! Grayson woke up in his home of Cianwood, ready to take on the world! But first he had to get his starter pokemon and take on Chuck, the gym leader to leave the island!

Due to scaling, Chuck had a Mankey and a Poliwag. Brutus obliterated him!

Screenshot_20220809-090642_John GBC.jpg

My starter!

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
After Grayson defeated Chuck and left his home of Cianwood, he landed in Olivine City. Jasmine, with her solo Steelix, managed to beat Brutus, the Tyrogue.

So my solution was to go to Ecruteak and Goldenrod and train there and take their gyms down! Along the way, new friends were added to the party!!

Screenshot_20220809-221436_John GBC.jpg

Brutus - Uga - Royale - Blazer

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Jasmine ended up being easier the second time around. Took her down, then took a trip down to Azalea to beat up Bugsy.

Now I'm exploring the world and trying to get an aerodactyl!

Screenshot_20220810-221137_John GBC.jpg

Brutus - Uga - Sanibel - Reinier - Blazer

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Alright! So after obtaining the old Amber, I beat up Brock, and then flew to cinnabar.

I dropped off the amber to be recreated, beat up Blaine, and flew to the power plant for some training and to catch an electric pokemon. I sort of failed, only because I accidentally knocked out zapdos. Go figure.

7 badges down, one more to go. Then a big training session at Mt. Silver before hand!

Screenshot_20220810-221137_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220811-121354_John GBC.jpg

Brutus - UGA - Sanibel - Reinier - Marvel - Chuck E

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
After returning to johto, I trained up the team and a few stragglers at bellsprout tower and beat Faulkner for my 8th badge.

I went up to mount silver and trained up a few newcomers and settled on 12 finalists for my E4 team. This game, allegedly has different E4, and I tend not to look it up. More challenging that way. I'm not sure which of the 12 I'll be using yet but here they are!

Screenshot_20220812-203141_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220811-121354_John GBC.jpg

Hmm who to choose. Find out NEXT time!​

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Since I've got 8 badges, I'm simply going to update my team and it's level!

Only THREE pokemon from the above list made the team! I chose my pokemon, hunted the next two down and acquired the winning team for sure!

Brutus/LVL 53

Royale/LVL 50

Sanibel/LVL 57

Zilla/LVL 58

Burnie/LVL 52

Oz/LVL 53

This is my E4 team. Let's go!​

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Let me start by saying the totally original Elite 4 in this game is awesome. Completely diverse teams, nice leveling, and so forth.

That being said! I lost three times to them (I generally follow a three try rule before attempting a new strategy) mostly because they outleveled me easily. So i went to nugget bridge and spam trained against the bridge trainers because they let you rechallenge them. I got all 6 of my team to level 60, and went back in for the final showdown!

The first E4 member,Robert, required me to use most of my team.

Doom, the second member was mostly easy.

And Fibbef, the third E4 member, was basically soloed by Zilla.

That just left the fourth member, Honeybun. He wasn't too hard, just made one too many mistakes.

Then I took on the champion.

Shockslayer himself. He was pretty tough..... if it weren't for how EPICALLY unbeatable a Scizor with good stats, sword dance, and steel wing is! It's been over 20 years since I first played a Gen 2 game, and I forgot how absolutely crushing the steel type used to be before the game evolved so much. Scizor one hit ko'd three pokemon in a row and even manhandled Shockslayers own Scizor. None of those pokemon were weak to steel, in fact, it was a water type, a sandslash, and a snorlax! Are you kidding me??? It was GRAND. I will forever use Scizor on any gen 2 run I do in the future!

My champions:

Screenshot_20220816-225210_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-225220_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-225227_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-225232_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-225237_John GBC.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-225257_John GBC.jpg
VideoCapture_20220816-225354.jpg

This is a 10/10 highly reccommend hack to try!!! I had a BLAST!

Its called Pokemon Crystal Clear, its made by ShockSlayer. It has its own site and discord, check it out!​

Last edited:

duahau3493

Banned
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2022
Your article is very good and useful, thank you for sharing, tdtc hopes that next time you will have more good articles to send to all readers.

Back