• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Another idea would be setting all RPs in different time periods? Idk, the story would have to depend on the plot. I have this extremely crazy idea, but I actually doubt it would work. :P Buuuuut I'll post it here anyways :3

So, all RPs are set in different time periods, like one set in the present, one in the 10 years in the future, one set 4 years in the past, something like that. After that, one person can play a single character in different RPs at the same time, in a way making all the RPs act like an extended detailed history for their character. :3 It would be messy though, I'm not sure it would work out either, just throwing this idea out there :D

I'm sure I could work on the Hoenn one with Wymsical/Blaziken15. C: And this could end up being a good collaborative effort of the people of the RP Corner. It would definitely be awesome xD

Wait... this totally reminds me of the TRP project we were about to make a few months ago! :O

@Swan: Unfortunately Chapter RPs here die a bit too early :( While it's an option, it's... definitely risky imo.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@DeepImpact: Hmm, yeah, considering I'm already a Co-GM on Odyssey I probably should have like 2 co-GMs on this. Although, I'm not sure about the four years in the past thing. The comedic RP should be made without a doubt, although I wonder how that would work.

@Blaziken15: I think this might actually go underway, although it would be a huge project.

BTW, I also had an idea for an RP. I know a variety of people on PC must be religious, so making a religious RP could be popular. Made by religious people to be enjoyed by religious people. It could be like a journey RP from Bethlehem. Just a thought.

Years
Wow so I go on vacation and everyone starts leaving me out. XD;;

I may be able to co-GM Sinnoh(my first journey RP was Sinnoh-inspired ;p) or Unova, depending on my school schedule next year but I should be able to manage. :)

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Hello! I was planning to make a Unova rp but seeing as you all have some kind of plan I was wondering if I could help be maybe GM or co-GM Unova or something. I've been wanting to do a Unova based rp for a while now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello! I was planning to make a Unova rp but seeing as you all have some kind of plan I was wondering if I could help be maybe GM or co-GM Unova or something. I've been wanting to do a Unova based rp for a while now.

Please make it so that even people who haven't played the Unova games can understand where they are going and what place is what and so.... like me :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Please make it so that even people who haven't played the Unova games can understand where they are going and what place is what and so.... like me :3

Well, we could provide links, right? :3 I guess that's the best way to provide info to a newbie. xD

Also I see a lot of people are interested in co GMing, huh? I think we may be able to go through with this! :D Pretty excited for this...

so, anybody ready to build a plot? xD

HunterZero

Years
I would add a map and make sure everyone knew what was going and where they were and such. One thing I've always wanted to do was add legendaries in somehow seeing as most rps I've been don't really allow legendaries, I know there's a good reason for that I just really like legendaries. Anyway I wouldn't mind discussing/building a plot.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Yeah, if we're gonna do this, we should first discuss what genre of RP this will be, and build a plot around that. We could take a vote on it. After that, we need to decide a setting. You people know all this stuff. You're writers, or at least half writers. lolol.

Alright, first we should decide the genre. Personally, I'm up for a good old Adventure RP. Where everything is pretty organized and co-ordinated, kind of unrealistic, but then again, this whole damn site is unrealistic. lol

HunterZero

Years
A good old adventure rp sounds perfect to me. How would it be organized? A adventure rp sometimes gets hectic and crazy with people all over the place forgetting what the major plot was. I'm sure we'll figure that out though.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'm interested! Count me too please! Huh... maybe the plot could have something to do with Arceus *shot* or at least a secret message in the Plates (Flame Plate, Fist Plate) and all those old artifacts you find in the games like Star Pieces.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Blaziken15 - Well, if we're all up to the challenge, which it seems so . . .

Okay, well since I had figured I would make these RPs basically be the prequels to the totally redesigned Lost Islands League RP I made last year, I figured that . . . well, for one, all would take place at the same exact time (So no to you, Samartha(-DeepImpact- for those of you that don't know, lol) :P) and . . . I think Fuyu's idea about the 17 Arceus Plates could work. I The Lost Islands League, I had one island for each type of Pokemon. So . . . the plates could tie into that, and we could basically use the plates to foreshadow/build up to the sequel.

@HunterZero - Well, I was definately going to have legendaries tie into the sequel, though I'm not sure about the prequel. Perhaps they could come and assist the RPers from time to time, but other than that we'd all have to come to some sort of general consensus, lol.

For the who-shall-be-GM ordeal, I guess . . . oh em gee, we should make some sort of application at this rate xD Well, here's what people have offered so far:

Kanto:
Johto: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers,
Hoenn: Blaziken15, -DeepImpact-, Wymsical
Sinnoh: MichaelaTheUchiha, {Swan}, Diamond1304
Unova: Nakuzami, Miss Doronjo, HunterZero

Hm . . . It seems nobody wants Kanto, from what I've read, lol.

It will be a Journey RP (I think I've said that already . . .) and . . . as far as being a Chapter RP, I don't think it should be a complete Chapter RP . . . more like how RHCP's *Foreigners is. Same thing for levels, or something similar, unless we all really want levels. In which case each RPer could start out with one or two Lv ~20 Pokemon or something.
As far as plot . . . I don't have too much, but here's what I started writing in my notebook in school today:
Pokemon: Lost Journeys
In preparation for the Lost Tournament next year, a call has been sent out. This call summoned any and all trainers from around the globe to enter their respective Regions' Pokemon League. This call is meant to separate the strong from the weak, and if you pass the initial exams you may be permitted to start your very own Pokemon Journey, with the assistance from the Inernational Trainers' Association, or ITA. Each trainer will be allowed to bring along one of their Pokemon, but the rest must be captured and trained in the region that they plan to have their adventure in.
Um . . . something like that. I'm not going to write the entire thing right now, since so many people want to co-GM the RPs, they could help come up with something~ :P

Fuyu

Years
I'll do Kanto if no one else wants to :D I'll just need to read through this discussion a little more. And for the general plot it could also add in that there are tests taken along the way through the trainer journey in the prequel. You know how there were attributes in the Hoenn Battle Frontier, such as Ability, Spirit, Luck, Tactics, etc? There could be tests of that instead of Gyms or along with the Gyms (I'm thinking instead of just due to the sheer multitude of challenges the RPer has to take.)

EDIT: We may want to do that Blaziken.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hmm, I'm not sure if this idea will actually go somewhere, but if you like, Fuyu, I can help Co-GM Kanto, if you don't mind. I think I would have the time. I hope. Though, tbh, I'm not sure this idea will actually get rolling. Still, if it does, I wanna be on board.

Fuyu

Years
Vegeta, I'd be honored. *shot for formality* Well there have likely been odder ideas. Still, I'd be happy to help in any way with Vegeta as my partner. ^_^

Nakuzami

Years
Hmm, I'm not sure if this idea will actually go somewhere, but if you like, Fuyu, I can help Co-GM Kanto, if you don't mind. I think I would have the time. I hope. Though, tbh, I'm not sure this idea will actually get rolling. Still, if it does, I wanna be on board.

Keeping talking like that and the next thing you know we'll have a Jynx taking a leisurely stroll through the thread. :P

Our own thread to just discuss it? Hm . . . dunno if we could do that, lol. Let's see what the mod says when her lazy butt gets back on xD

@Fuyu - Hm . . . I never watched much of the battle frontier but . . . I guess we could do something like that.
I dunno if we'd want to add contests, lol? No . . . no we wouldn't. Let's save that for another time xP

Nakuzami

Years
What could any of us do in order to help out at the moment?

I'm not quite sure, lol.
For now, brainstorm ideas. Also, if we decide who is going to be GMs/co-GMs now, we can appoint them and each GM can discuss ideas for their region, but we'll have to make sure that we don't go too deep into the plot so as it clashes with the other RPs. :P

So these are the volunteer GMs so far?:

Kanto: Fuyu, Supervegeta
Johto: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Hoenn: Blaziken15, -DeepImpact-, Wymsical
Sinnoh: MichaelaTheUchiha, {Swan}, Diamond1304
Unova: Nakuzami, Miss Doronjo, HunterZero

I think we need a second GM for Johto, lol. Unless Red wants to do it alone~
Oooooh, but I nominate myself to be Composer!! Lol, as in I'll watch all of the RPs and make sure their plots and stuff don't conflict or get too crazy or anything~
I'll think of some plot soon . . . maybe Fuyu and I shall discuss that elemental plate idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back