• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] "Abomi Nation" (Nuzlocke: The Game!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 16, 2018
Hello PokéCommunity. This isn't explicitly a Pokémon game, but I think it's definitely relevant to post about here as it's directly inspired by Pokémon and the Nuzlocke Challenge.

Abomi Nation is a roguelike monster-collecting RPG inspired by Pokémon's "Nuzlocke" Hard Mode. Each new run will give you different Abomis, different areas, and a whole new Abomi Nation for you to explore!

I started working on this game because I loved doing Nuzlockes, and a game that's actually designed with that playstyle in mind would definitely be something that I would want to play. The game works like a randomizer, and that's where the roguelike element comes in. Each new game spawns a whole new Abomi Nation with different areas and trainers, a whole new set of starters and encounters, and an incredible amount of variety in terms of battles and movesets. The alpha that's currently available only scratches the surface of what this could achieve for Pokémon fans. You don't even have to play with permadeath on; there's a Casual difficulty setting that will return any "dead" Abomis to you at the end of the battle.

You can also download the alpha here if you'd like to get a taste before backing. Try playing with a few of the Abomis and let me know which is your favourite!

If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks a ton, guys!

mF8wlg.png
cyjSg8.png
Kk86Ew.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back