• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
Years
Actually, it wasn't... it's just that Abnegation hasn't had the time to actually read through this thread and update the changes since the last list update on March 23rd. I could personally go through and repost the list, but I don't have the time to do something like that right now.

Erm, So I Wont Have A Tutor For A While?
Or Be Accepted As A Student? :S

Jung

Sica please.
Years
Applying to become a Student (:

CSS Knowlage: No Knowledge at all.
PreferredTeaching Method: Private Messages or whatever my tutor prefers.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Why do I want to learn CSS? Well, I decided to make useful time on the computer and not waste time playing videos. And to do something productive. Learning CSS would also benefit me in future school projects like my Computer Science class. I wish to know.. the basics of utilizing CSS to make a webpage or signature.
Time Zone:
(GMT - 05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Chao,or Song,Andy,ChaoSong,CS whatever you prefer. :S

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Apr 24, 2016
D: I know this is probably a stupid question, but how would I get text to line up on the left side of this?
1-2.png

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
^ That'd be a simple BBCode [left][/left] tag.

And I'll see about getting around to updating the list of tutors and students for next week.
Even I didn't know about that. I just used the float: left CSS code and made things much more complicated than they needed to be. XD;

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Does anyone know why the code will sometimes repeat itself in a random place? I've been having that trouble a lot, and it's really annoying.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, CSS doesn't produce lines of code no matter how you type it, so if it's repeating, it's because you typed it repeatedly.

Years
Does anyone know why the code will sometimes repeat itself in a random place? I've been having that trouble a lot, and it's really annoying.

What Ooka said... and, in case you're feeling lazy about reading - and lots of people get that way here at times - here it is again:

Well, CSS doesn't produce lines of code no matter how you type it, so if it's repeating, it's because you typed it repeatedly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Generally when it repeats itself, it's due to poor composition or invalid CSS. This can also be caused by using BB code in odd places. You need to keep your CSS tidy otherwise it'll muck up.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Thanks guys. Is there anyway someone can help me with my CSS?

Here it is:
HTML:
[center][cd=width:710px; height:740px; border: 2px solid #000000;   -moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;   -moz-border-radius-topleft:  30px;    -moz-border-radius-bottomright:  30px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;]
[cd=width:700px; height:730px; background-color: #000000;  border:  5px solid #FFFFFF; padding: 25 px 50 px;  -moz-border-radius-topright:  30px;   -moz-border-radius-topleft:  30px;   -moz-border-radius-bottomright:  30px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;]
[div=width:500px; height:640px; border: 3px dotted #000000;   padding:25px 50px;  background-image:   url(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/dhepoel/1417.png);   -moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;  -moz-border-radius-topleft:  30px;   -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 30px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:    30px; opacity:.8; overflow:auto; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em;   -moz-box-shadow: #FFFFFF 5px 5px 5px] Blah blah blah stuff here[/div][/cd][/cd][/center]
It always repeats when I try to post. I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this.

Last edited:

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Again I'll post this...
CSS Knowledge: Beginner
Method:
Private messaging will be fine :)
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: I want to learn how to make threads and signatures look pretty and also because I'm working on a website :D
Time Zone: -6 GMT
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Kyra will be fine

uskelly

Pokemon Master
Years
  • MN
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
We can get Tutors? =o I need some help =P Is Firefox absolutely needed? what about IE?

CSS Knowledge: Beginner
Method:
PM?
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Looking to learn to figure how to get a scroll bar of texts on top of a picture =P
Time Zone: Central America
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Kevin

Back