• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y Pokedex

Sirfetch’d

I think we will get 150 new pokemon. I think we will also get some pre existing Pokemon some new evolutionary members and also that new eeveelution is still possible. I wonder who will get number 666 though???

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
Somewhere between 121 and 144 new Pokemon is my guess. I think the regional dex is going to be around 160. But about a third of them are going to be past gen.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think there will be considerably less Pokemon in this generation; only about 50-70. I feel this as I think we had too many Pokemon released last generation, plus the trailer for X&Y only featured about 6 new Pokemon - the rest were just old Pokemon.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I hope they include new eeveelutions. If they have a new type, they could take advantage of it and make the new eeveelution that type.

Also, I think they might include all pokemon in the National Dex and just get the models from Pokedex 3D Pro. And how are we going to import our Pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI?

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I can't think of an accurate number, 100 maybe? Anyway, what I am sure of it's that if they want us to fill the Pokedex, the amount of wild Pokemon will become crazy! (You know, B2W2 might help but...)

Years
I'm going to guess Y and X will introduce around 100. Also, I think atleast half of the Pokedex will compromise a lot of the oldies such as Pikachu and Ralts.

Years
Old Pokemon In Gen 6

*I hope this hasn't been made! It's nearly impossible to keep track so if so, sorry! :(
So, what old pokemon do you want to see in generation 6? Do you want there to be old pokemon, or more new ones with a few favorites? Are there any pokemon from past generations could you not live without?

Bonus: Which previous generation pokemon do you want to see in 3D the most?

Sirfetch’d

CASTFORM! And it getting an evo, possibly split evos. I just have a thing for that little guy. Castform is so cute! Jellicent also must make an appearance due to its awesomeness. Also the obligatory Zubat family will be there because it is like a law that they have to. I would also like to see some past legendaries make an appearance, just now overload it with them.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I want to see alot of Johto and Hoenn Pokémon.

Most likely want to see Mareep's family in full 3D.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I think they'll add roughly 100 new ones, plus some new event only Pokemon. They'll probably have 50 or so older Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I really hope there's another 150 pokemon again. (edit: Scratch that, 151 to bring the total pokemon to 800, a nice round number)

I think having that extra 30 or so pokemon can make a massive difference to the experience (talking in regards to the 2nd and 4th gen, which didn't add as many new pokemon as the 1st, 3rd and 5th gen) 4th gen had a disappointing amount of new fire types, if the 4th gen had had another 30 or so new pokemon this deficiency could have been fixed.

I would settle for 120-130.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
To be honest, I am hoping for all the pokemon, but I know that'd be pushing it. As far as the actual in-game pokedex, it'd be cool to select a pokemon and be able to have a 360 view of the 3D model :3

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
From the looks of it so far (and it would make sense at this point in the alternating kinds of generations), I'm confident we will get a Sinnoh-like adventure with a bit more focus towards genV pokes.

Here's my prediction:
Regionaldex: 210-250

80-gen V pokemon
-filling casual and common roles (Roggenrola, Timburr, Woobat, Pidove, Tympole, Ducklett, Frillish..)
-the ele-monkeys again
-everything that will get new stages (alt. Palpitoad-evo, Audino-evo, Swoobat-evo..)
50-gen I-IV pokemon
-fanservice: Pikachu, Eevee, Munchlax, Dratini, Ralts, Shinx...
-everything that will get new evos (Banette, Luvidsc..)
-everything that will get pre-evos (Tropius, Absol, Skarmory..)
100-gen VI
-starters =9
-legends =12
-evos/pre-evos =25
-special/rare stuff =30
-regular new Pokemon =15

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The Nintendo 3DS ROMs can be around either 4GB or even 8GB. So I'm sure with plenty of space on the ROM itself... it would mean that it could hold up to about 250 Pokémon, perhaps in the story they might be expecting only to see the new Pokémon then after finishing the game, being able to go to places where they have Pokémon from other regions in that area for you to capture. Like it was in Pokémon Black and White, except in Black and White you were able to encounter the Pokémon not native to Unova along Routes 11 - 18.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Every even-numbered gens introduce not as many new Pokemon as the odd-numbered gens, so it's going to be about 100-105 new Pokemon for Gen VI followed by 100-105 returning Pokemon (20 Kanto Pokemon, 20 Johto Pokemon, 20 Hoenn Pokemon, 20 Sinnoh Pokemon, and 20 Unova Pokemon sounds about just right).

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
How about we forget a regional Pokedex, and go with a full off National Pokedex.

Then we won't have any need for an R/S/E remake.

Oh, wait...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Gyrados will proably reappear. I want Milotic to reappear. Kecleon too, as well as Luvdisc and Castform with evolutions of their own.

I also see Heatmor getting a pre evo and an evo like Roselia did in Gen IV. Oh Huntail and Gorebyss should evolve too completing their lines.

My guess is 115 new pokemon and 135 old pokemon for a total of 250.

Back