• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
September CoroCoro: MegaEvolutions + 3 New Pokemon! Speculation Thread

Confirmed Leak 8th August 2013 - http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

It's been announced by Nintendo and Corocoro that this month's issue will leak the scoop of the century for all Pokemon fans out there. What do you think they could possibly reveal that is way more staggering than our previous news they've announced so far?

I know this might be a bit late now but it's most likely to be released very soon.

Last edited:
Years
i usually wouldn't take this serious, but one thing that bugs me is the fact that a new type was revealed already and they still have something that they call "the scoop of the century".

but i won't be suprised to that they just exaggerating things too much

WishCookie

Years
Well it has to be something big since you don't call any news scoop of the century.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I think it could be Gyro-Evolution. Inkay and Malamar are the Revolving and Overturning Pokemon respectively, and they have the move topsy-turvy, plus the look like each other upside down. Plus they haven't released the new method of evolution(s) yet so this could be it along with others.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
By any chance, around when do the leaks usually get around the internet? Or when does the actual issue release?

Years
The "release date" is usually the 15th of the month; however, the next issue's release date is the 12th. So it's a guarantee that we will see info by then. Though, unless this is a super special secret issue, it could be LEAKED 2-4 days prior to the release date as it has in previous issues. And, remember, Japan is 13-14 hours ahead of the US, so you should really anticipate a leak in the evening on the 11th at the latest. Though, we could see it as early as the 8th or 9th. Either way, we are within a week away!!!

Hmm... I hope this theory of mine isn't true, but maybe this is the last generation...

I simply don't see how the second largest video game franchise, that is catching up to Mario, is going to call it quits after the next generation.

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Call me crazy, but I think it's going to be the entire Pokedex of Kalos. It may sound a bit stretched, but that's something I would call the scoop of the century.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet. Mewtwo's new form is still ???'d. Last time we had a big scoop it was a Mewtwo distribution and celebration event. Since Mewtwo's new form is still full of unknown info I think the scoop of thecentury is going to be solely about Mewtwo like last time.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Oh man, now I'm excited. I really hope this isn't just a marketing scheme to sell more issues. Which is a likely possibility, and a very disappointing one.

However, if it really is the "Scoop of the century" I can't even imagine what it'll be. That's a pretty big claim to make so it would likely be something that would blow our minds or impact the future of Pokémon for generations to come.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have to agree with darkpokeball or at least a good amount. I read something about last month's issue and and looked like it did indeed sound like it was pokemon based.

To the person to say it might be announcement of the last generation, I highly doubt it so I wouldn't worry. You never say it is the last of something until it is close to the end of the saga. Also they will not just quit pokemon when it is still a very popular game franchise. 3rd in the standings of the most popular nintendo franchise being behind Mario and Super Mario.

There was rumor from one of the people on youtube who has been right in the past said that he got info from one of his friend's who knows someone inside Nintendo that the next corocoro will also have a 2nd eeveelution, a sushi based pokemon, and a chip bag based pokemon. But as I said, this is just a rumor.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Call me crazy, but I think it's going to be the entire Pokedex of Kalos. It may sound a bit stretched, but that's something I would call the scoop of the century.

I highly doubt it, though I do agree that it'd definitely be worthy of such a title haha. I do however think it'll be a rather large amount of new Pokemon and/or evolutions to old Pokes'... if this is even related to Pokemon (which I'm not entirely sold on that it is.)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet. Mewtwo's new form is still ???'d. Last time we had a big scoop it was a Mewtwo distribution and celebration event. Since Mewtwo's new form is still full of unknown info I think the scoop of thecentury is going to be solely about Mewtwo like last time.
This, along with the possibilities of revealing the other new Mewtwo forme that was part of the Pokebeach rumor.

Starter evolutions, NPCs, and Gen VI legendaries don't merit "scoop of the century" material.

WishCookie

Years

I've heard that Pokemon.com revealed an another form for Mewtwo? The X form and Y form, I highly doubt this is true since I can't find more information about this anywhere, only a screenshot.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I've heard that Pokemon.com revealed an another form for Mewtwo? The X form and Y form, I highly doubt this is true since I can't find more information about this anywhere, only a screenshot.

Not true at all indeed. It's only been rumored that it's got a second forme, nothing proven or shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back