• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal WPM records

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
just got a new personal record so i wanted to brag share, what are your records?

unknown.png

I was using this website: https://www.keyhero.com/free-typing-test/

Years
I think my personal record is 80 or 81, but I can't consistently hit that. I'm anywhere from 60 WPM to 80 WPM depending on my seating posture, the keyboard I'm at, and my energy levels. That and avoiding cramps. Also on how many errors I make during the test.

Considering where I started (hunt-and-peck method at 18 WPM when I was 14) when I was first taught proper typing form, having my floor at 60 is something I'd call a win.

... actually, just took the test on that site and I hit 91.98 on the second test:

Spoiler:

It sandbagged my score on the first test as I had an 82% accuracy rate despite still hitting 64 words per minute so it docked me and said my average speed was 49 WPM in the averages metrics.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think my top ever was 130ish but I tend to average around 118 now. (Partially because my accuracy has gone waaay down ever since I stopped caring so much about grammar on the internet, lol.)

On this one just now, I goooot...

Speed:
119.96 WPM
Accuracy:
98.21%

So about par for course for me, lol. (My first excerpt was from a light novel with super choppy sentences and that was more of a 110 but it felt very unnatural to type so I tried again.)

Years
Around 120-ish WPM assuming I'm super focused purely on getting the most WPM with as minimal mistakes as possible. But in casual use, it's far less than that; I'd say it's around like 80ish or so.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I tried doing that test, but for some reason. When i get competitive typing or test typing for speed, I get bad at typing and make too many mistakes :/

Years
Speed:
94.72 WPM
Accuracy:
93.58%

jesus christ and I thought I was fast at typing haha
then again this is lower than my usual result, since I'm loafing around on the bed with laptop

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Speed: 112.03 WPM
Accuracy: 99.59%

Wow, that's better than I thought I would score. I'd always assumed it was around 60 wpm and far lower than 90% accuracy due to typos lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Christ, what are you guys...

I think I got 79 last time I did the test, rather recently. Do I get a handicap for not having English as my first language? 8)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I seem to average around 80 WPM with 95+% accuracy, although I'm not sitting in an optimal position, but it doesn't seem to change the speed I type at anyways. I was thinking it'd be around 60 but this is a pleasant surprise. I don't like typing super fast anyway, especially when I'm writing code because it makes me more prone to writing errors. That's also why I'll keep on my autocomplete so that it can make the mundane process of typing out longer lines of code a little easier and faster.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Christ, what are you guys...

I think I got 79 last time I did the test, rather recently. Do I get a handicap for not having English as my first language? 8)

English is not my first language either :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
For that comment you are now demoted to 2.

Back