• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Togepi and Lugia

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 12, 2022
Something I've been wondering about lately: did anyone else use to think that Togepi was supposed to evolve into Lugia? I remember as a kid being convinced that Togepi was the unevolved form of Lugia, but I can't remember how or why I put that together. I feel I likeI vaguely recall some connection between the two being mentioned in the anime but I don't know if that happened or if it was some fever dream imagination.

Anyway... anybody else ever think this or know why some people did? Obviously I know better now and have for a long time, but when I was a kid I was absolutely sure this was the case. I can't find many mentions of it on the internet other than one or two similar questions - apparently Togepi was slated to be the pre-evolution but the idea was scrapped (can anyone confirm?)?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Dont think so, they look nothing alike. I've never seen this theory anywhere

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I don't think I've ever heard or thought that. I do, however, remember Pojo stating that Latios and Latias may be related to Togepi before the fifth movie came out due to the similar triangular markings. Pojo isn't an official source though.

Although I love Togetic, I do enjoy the idea of Togepi being more involved with the storyline and "hatching" into Lugia (Silver) or Ho-Oh (Gold), much like Nebby in Sun & Moon.

Last edited:
Back