• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can someone tell me where or how I can find out the cries for Pokemon in Ruby?

Because of the gap between the S/G/C cries and the R/S/E cries, I do not know what numbers are for what R/S/E pokemon.

You can use YAPE and view the Game number of the POKéMON.
2s85umg.jpg

And then you can just simply write it with this format...
Code:
cry 252 0
...and XSE will do the convertion process.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
Offset of item table: 0x03DB028
And will this offset always be the same, even if the ROM has changed size or... I don't know, is there anything else that could effect it? If it can be moved, how can I tell where it was moved to?
Though, I guess, it seems like the battle use pointer is what would be off. If that got screwed up... Can I, I dunno, find some free space, copy all the ASM from a good ROM over to that, then change the pointers to point there?

EDIT: The item table is the same in both ROMs. Checking a few key items (potion, full restore, x-attack), I see that the ASM pointed to is also the same in both ROMs. What else can I check?

Last edited:

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Yesterday I posed in the 'Progressing Hacks' sector my new progressing hack: Pokémon Mystery Version. After I post it I got the message that the post must properly approved by a moderator. But now I looked and it still isn't there... When will my topic be there?

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Yesterday I posed in the 'Progressing Hacks' sector my new progressing hack: Pokémon Mystery Version. After I post it I got the message that the post must properly approved by a moderator. But now I looked and it still isn't there... When will my topic be there?
As long as you followed the Progessin Hack Thread Rules, your thread should be up within 24 hours of submitting it. If the moderators of emulation are busy it could be 2 days possibly. Just make sure you had all the right components of your thread (Intro, Story, 4 screenshots, ect). Usually, most threads submitted lack a good and somewhat lengthy introduction. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
In regards to my previous questions, I have new info and more questions.

After finally figuring out specific examples, it turns out trainers using bad items shouldn't have any items assigned to them. A trainer used a GREEN SHARD to try to cure paralysis, but her item slots in A-Trainer are all empty.

So, new questions: is there some flag, or some... byte somewhere or something that tells a trainer how/when to use items? I tried setting up a debug situation where a certain trainer had a bunch of status healing items attached to him, but when I hit his pokes with poison, burn, or paralysis, he didn't use any of them. So how does the game know a trainer should or shouldn't use items?

It should be noted that I have searched for an answer but can't seem to find it...

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
I didn't find it when I searched for it, so I'll ask:

Does anyone know where the Nature values are stored? I want to change the "neutral" natures into double-boosting natures--is that possible and/or where would I find them?

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
A bit of a weird question. But how come Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed with the male Nidos? I heard it's been programmed this way since gen 2.

I came up with a few ideas for why this might be the case and wanted to test them by changing Nidorina/Nidoqueen's egg group with YAPE from "Can't breed" to "Monster, Field" and then I tried to breed her with Nidoking and Ditto. I was actually looking forward to a glitch or something.

But it doesn't seem like it's working... Perhaps I'm using YAPE wrong or is there something more to this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
There's an evolution method in YAPE called "Low Personality". Does anyone know how to evolve pokemon with it and what it does?

The_Show

Banned
Years
In regards to my previous questions, I have new info and more questions.

After finally figuring out specific examples, it turns out trainers using bad items shouldn't have any items assigned to them. A trainer used a GREEN SHARD to try to cure paralysis, but her item slots in A-Trainer are all empty.

So, new questions: is there some flag, or some... byte somewhere or something that tells a trainer how/when to use items? I tried setting up a debug situation where a certain trainer had a bunch of status healing items attached to him, but when I hit his pokes with poison, burn, or paralysis, he didn't use any of them. So how does the game know a trainer should or shouldn't use items?

It should be noted that I have searched for an answer but can't seem to find it...

Try changing his AI to a higher number. If you want to tell a trainer how/when to use items, you gotta ASM

Did it meet the requirements? did it have 4 screenshots showing your progression?

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
There's an evolution method in YAPE called "Low Personality". Does anyone know how to evolve pokemon with it and what it does?

Low personality means it evolves into whatever you want if you take its personality value mod 65535 mod 10, and seeing if it's between 0 and 4. Wurmple evolves using this method.

Edit: You can find more info on this process here

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
How do I change the world map a map is associated with for Fire Red? For example, I want to put my Sevii Isle 6 map on the Kanto (First World Map) map. When I added Sevii Isle 6 to the Kanto world map, it's shown on the town map in game, but when I go to Sevii Isle 6 in game and view the town map while I'm there, it shows that I'm at the 4-5 island map when I should be in the Kanto map.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT:
http :// imageshack .us /g/812/ineedhelpmap1 .png/
(remove the spaces)

MagicDoors

Feeling Great!
Years
Well I searched this and couldn't seem to find it.
Does anyone know how I can change the first cutscene in pokemon emerald? (The one in the truck/jumping out of the truck/walking inside)
I've checked both the INSIDE THE TRUCK and LITTLEROOT maps but I can't seem to find any events that start this.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I try to avoid asking questions in here, but I think I may need to. I've had a search (both on google and in the tutorials on here) and can't find anything conclusive. Does anybody know how to edit sprites (NOT overworld) in Pokémon Blue (English)? Preferably not hex editing, as I do not have much experience (and do not currently have a hex editor). Thanks in advance for any help. Shiny

PS. Could you PM me if you reply, as I'm not on here often, mostly just to check my PMs and threads. Thanks again

droomph

weeb
Years
Well I searched this and couldn't seem to find it.
Does anyone know how I can change the first cutscene in pokemon emerald? (The one in the truck/jumping out of the truck/walking inside)
I've checked both the INSIDE THE TRUCK and LITTLEROOT maps but I can't seem to find any events that start this.
Try searching for "Truck Remover" and "SMCA". As for the jumping part, try the Level Scripts section in A-Map.
How do I change the world map a map is associated with for Fire Red? For example, I want to put my Sevii Isle 6 map on the Kanto (First World Map) map. When I added Sevii Isle 6 to the Kanto world map, it's shown on the town map in game, but when I go to Sevii Isle 6 in game and view the town map while I'm there, it shows that I'm at the 4-5 island map when I should be in the Kanto map.

(remove the spaces)
Search for "Changing the Worldmap completely". Follow those instructions.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

(remove the spaces)

If you don't mind losing usage of the Sevii Island maps, you can follow the instruction in this post for a quick and easy way to have all flight position usable in one map.

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years

(remove the spaces)

Here. This shows how to do it!
http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=19

~Sonic1

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
How do I modify the orginal scripts in PKMN FR?
Like remove the Oak event where he brings you to his lab, ect..

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
How do I modify the orginal scripts in PKMN FR?
Like remove the Oak event where he brings you to his lab, ect..
Uh, you can open scripts in XSE by clicking on them in A-Map. You can also select an event, including a script, and click "delete script" in A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Uh, you can open scripts in XSE by clicking on them in A-Map. You can also select an event, including a script, and click "delete script" in A-Map.

Where is the delete script option, I see it no where on the right toolbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back