• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is the next new one?

Rick Gastly

Memes Straight Outta 2007
Years
I'm really baffled, given Pokemon's popularity, why it's taking so long for episodes to air. I mean I highly doubt they'd give up on such a hot property.

Years
I'm really baffled, given Pokemon's popularity, why it's taking so long for episodes to air. I mean I highly doubt they'd give up on such a hot property.

It's likely because Disney XD is probably going to air a lot of episodes in a block format, like they do with most of their new shows. There's also a lot of edits made when the dubbing is in process, hence why it takes months to air after the Japanese airing.

Canada and the UK are still sticking to a once-a-week format, with Canada's Teletoon currently four episodes into the dub, and I think CITV in the UK is also airing new episodes once a week.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well, considering the horrible episode titles for the dub and the controversial opinion regarding some voices (namely Lillie and Samson Oak) I'd probably say the sub may actually be better to watch this time around.

Not sure why their is controversy over the voice actors. I watched both the first 2 episodes and saw nothing wrong with them and don't even remember people hating them. I was glad Samson sounded a btu like Oak and I loved Lillie's voice, even though it sounded like Serena.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
It's likely because Disney XD is probably going to air a lot of episodes in a block format, like they do with most of their new shows. There's also a lot of edits made when the dubbing is in process, hence why it takes months to air after the Japanese airing.

Canada and the UK are still sticking to a once-a-week format, with Canada's Teletoon currently four episodes into the dub, and I think CITV in the UK is also airing new episodes once a week.

Yeah that's BS.

They should be sticking to the one-episode-a-week format.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Networks can air their shows in whatever format they want. If the block format release works for them they are going to do it. And with streaming making binge watching more of the norm, it does make sense.

Years
Jjc has a point. Streaming services like Netflix have been hugely popular for a couple of years now, to the point people love to binge-watch shows. That's likely why Disney XD airs new shows in block formats, since they tend to pick up on what their viewers want.

I know not everyone likes it, but it's going to be a more common occurrence in the future that we won't be able to stop.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
There's no point in doing that because then it'll go on another ridiculously long hiatus.

The best way to do it is the one-episode-a-week format. End of story.

Guest123_x1

Jjc has a point. Streaming services like Netflix have been hugely popular for a couple of years now, to the point people love to binge-watch shows. That's likely why Disney XD airs new shows in block formats, since they tend to pick up on what their viewers want.

I know not everyone likes it, but it's going to be a more common occurrence in the future that we won't be able to stop.
There's no point in doing that because then it'll go on another ridiculously long hiatus.

The best way to do it is the one-episode-a-week format. End of story.
I know I'm probably being stupid in reiterating the same points I made earlier in this thread, but I think TPCI made a huge mistake in granting the Pokémon anime television rights to Disney XD. Assuming they aren't deliberately embargoing new Sun/Moon dub episodes from the US due to geopolitical issues, TPCI would have been better off looking for a syndication distributor to sell the series to first-run syndication, preferably on an once-a-week basis, such as what was done, for example, with the 1991-2001 run of Baywatch or the 1986-99 incarnation of Siskel & Ebert (the Indigo saga's syndicated run would have lasted slightly longer had it not been put into a "strip" (weekday) scheduling format by Summit Media Group-strip syndication only really works well with certain genres such as game shows and talk shows, and prime-time series reruns that have at least 100 episodes available).
The earlier sagas, from Indigo all the way to XYZ, could be sold in a separate deal (off-network syndication) for local stations to run in a "stripped" scheduling format (such as what many Fox, CW, and MyNetworkTV affiliates do with off-network reruns of popular sitcoms.)
Of course, my statements above could be all just pipe dreams due to onerous federal restrictions on children's advertising due to the (failed) war on obesity.

For more on how the US syndication system works, see http://www.museum.tv/eotv/syndication.htm .

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Yet I see no reason why DXD can't just do one episode a week instead of their idiotic BS 'block format'

In fact... there is no reason for them not to do that.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I see that date is listed on the Wikipedia article for episode titles but there was no source linked. Is that date posted anywhere else online?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Serebii has confirmed, as listed above, that Sun and Moon will finally start in America on Disney XD. May 12th shows the 2 episodes already aired and the 3rd will air on May 13th at 9am. I am going to assume that is Eastern Time. Serebii said the usual time, but it was airing at 6am here in TN when CN was showing XY Saga.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
We don't know if the block format is how it'll always be. It might be just for the first week since it's the premiere week, and they'll go to once a week Saturday mornings after the first week.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys. I have been looking at the calendar today. And although I can't really tell if they are new episodes or not, this is the time of days that Pokemon Sun and Moon are coming on. Forgive if someone has posted the times already.

May 12th - Episodes 1 and 2 - 9pm Eastern
May 13th - Episodes 3 - 9am Eastern
May 14th - Episode 4 - 9am Eastern
May 15th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern
May 16th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern
May 17th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern
May 18th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern

I can't tell if the 15th - 18th are new episodes or not. I do not see the title of the episode in the calendar I am looking at.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Nice find. Wikipedia is usually pretty good when it comes to episode lists of shows, so this is most likely true. It plays on the idea we had. So it looks like we were right.

We will accelerate through the episodes until we catch up and then we will be back on the 1 episode a week format. This is similar to what they did in Sinnoh. For about a month we had 2 new episodes every day and then they suddenly changed it back to the weekly format.

Back