• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Years
[a id]tf2[/a id]

Content

[alink id="intro"]Introduction[/alink id]
[alink id="start"]Start of the Story[/alink id]
[alink id="update1"]Update #1[/alink id]
[alink id="update2"]Update #2[/alink id]
[alink id="update3"]Update #3[/alink id]
[alink id="update4"]Update #4[/alink id]
[alink id="update5"]Update #5[/alink id]
[alink id="update6"]Update #6[/alink id]
[alink id="update7"]Update #7[/alink id]
[alink id="update8"]Update #8[/alink id]

About this Let's Play

In this Let's Play, I will be going through the whole of Tales of Symphonia, main storyline and quests when I feel like them.

Tales of Symphonia Let's Play

67919image1-1.jpg

[a id]intro[/a id]

Introduction

In this Let's Play, I will be playing through the big JRPG hit, Tales of Symphonia. I have always loved this game since it was released in the UK; playing it to death when I was a young teenager and I still have that original Gamecube game in all its glory. I have always looked after it and enjoyed playing it when I could. I have completed it FULLY, including quests and everything; so this LP will be going on for a while. I would like to say there will be an update every few days, but real life might get in the way, so apologies.

I loved it so much, I hardly put it down, but I have been too busy in the past few years to really dedicate my time to it. But this is a good thing, now I can go through the game and due to it being a few years since I played it, I can enjoy it as much as possible.

I hope you enjoy this LP where I will be giving my opinions, immediate thoughts and feelings.
I will be doing screen shots and maybe some videos throughout. Please note, this is done on my laptop, as I am using an emulator.

[a id]start[/a id]

Start of the Story

[a id]update1[/a id]

Update #1 - 5/04/11

Well, this is the start of it. Here we go!
Spoiler:

[a id]update2[/a id]

Update #2 - 6/04/11

Spoiler:

[a id]update3[/a id]

Update #3 - 7/04/11

Spoiler:

[a id]update4[/a id]

Update #4 - 8/04/11

Spoiler:

[a id]update5[/a id]

Update #5 - 8/04/11

Spoiler:

[a id]update6[/a id]

Update #6 - 9/04/11

Spoiler:

[a id]update7[/a id]

Update #7 - 10/04/11

Spoiler:

[a id]update8[/a id]

Update #8 - 12/04/11

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Symphoniaaaaaaa. <3333 This is partly my fault isn't it.

I'm loving how you can act so oblivious to things even though you've played the game. If I did an LP it would be all 'LOLOLOLOL I KNOW UR STORY' and full of spoilers. :B; Can't wait to see your next update! <3

Years
Symphoniaaaaaaa. <3333 This is partly my fault isn't it.

I'm loving how you can act so oblivious to things even though you've played the game. If I did an LP it would be all 'LOLOLOLOL I KNOW UR STORY' and full of spoilers. :B; Can't wait to see your next update! <3

Well, you did spark my love for it again talking to you about it, so yes, you are to blame! :3

I am trying to forget things, but obvious, big story parts I remember, but other things I am like, LOL I FORGOT! 8DDDDDD
At least I know I have one reader! ^_^​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
lol you sound like such a shipper in your comments. "He loves her~!" :3 Cute. I will definitely be keeping up with this LP...but I keep imagining Abyss music. I can't find a copy of Symphonia here. :< So...this LP will suffice! Keep up the good work, bb~

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
... Thank you. I was hoping someone would do a ToS LP eventually. And you're doing better then I would have, even if I tried to keep spoilers... spoiler'd.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Hah, I was literally just thinking of starting this game up again but was seriously on the fence. Just looking at these images makes me want to start it up again this very second, which is quite odd for me. Thanks a lot. n_n

Years
lol you sound like such a shipper in your comments. "He loves her~!" :3 Cute. I will definitely be keeping up with this LP...but I keep imagining Abyss music. I can't find a copy of Symphonia here. :< So...this LP will suffice! Keep up the good work, bb~

I so thought you said something else! XD
I will keep it up, I hope to have another update today at some point! :3​

... Thank you. I was hoping someone would do a ToS LP eventually. And you're doing better then I would have, even if I tried to keep spoilers... spoiler'd.

Not a problem, just doing what I love and I hope others will do the same. Yeppie, I am going to keep those spoilers under wraps till I get to them.​

Hah, I was literally just thinking of starting this game up again but was seriously on the fence. Just looking at these images makes me want to start it up again this very second, which is quite odd for me. Thanks a lot. n_n

Well I am glad you want to play it again. It is such a beautiful game! 8D​

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
37.jpg

Is it just me or does the shadow on her face look like a arrow pointing down?

I lost my copy of ToS a while back, (I think it's somewhere in the closet... but once something gets lost in my closet, there's only a 2% chance of ever seeing it again. :V) so reading this LP is the closest I have to playing the game. So that means you must finish this LP~ :3

Also, yay! Somebody else who doesn't hate the skits for their slowness! <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, you did spark my love for it again talking to you about it, so yes, you are to blame! :3

I am trying to forget things, but obvious, big story parts I remember, but other things I am like, LOL I FORGOT! 8DDDDDD
At least I know I have one reader! ^_^​
Bwahahaha! idek. xD;

I know like... everything. ;^; I could probably manage it I did a screenshot LP like this, but if I tried to do like... a video LP it would be so spoiled. I have sooo many sarcastic comments for the foreshadowing and stuff. XD;

The skits are "slow" in Symphonia only because they don't have voices. :[ My sister and I like to be dorks and "voice" them ourselves, so we enjoy the skits. |D A lot of them are depressing later on though. ;;

Years
37.jpg

Is it just me or does the shadow on her face look like a arrow pointing down?

I lost my copy of ToS a while back, (I think it's somewhere in the closet... but once something gets lost in my closet, there's only a 2% chance of ever seeing it again. :V) so reading this LP is the closest I have to playing the game. So that means you must finish this LP~ :3

"...WTF is with that shadow on her face."
Yep! I will finish it, it will just take a while! Haha.​

Years
After having read updates 1 and 2, I have found this a very amusing read. And that arrow-shaped shadow on Colette's face is just really weird. :V

I shall be following this!

Haha, thank you!
I have done some video updates, so two have been uploaded and are in the latest update (Update #5) and they will be more to come; they just take ages to upload. D:​

Years
Having now read/watched updates 3, 4, and 5, you're not really doing a good job of keeping plot spoilers out of the way at times. XD;

I'm still following this, though. I don't care if I get spoilers en masse. ^_^;;

*subscribes to thread*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
124.jpg

EAT MAH DEMON FANG. >:3

DEMON FANG DEMON FANG DEMON FANG DEMON FANG DEMON FANG /brick'd

I haven't watched the video updates yet due to being at a friend's house, but let's see if you've at least done a better job at keeping spoilers than I would have. xD Considering the first video has where I would have made my first sarcastic mark.

Years
Having now read/watched updates 3, 4, and 5, you're not really doing a good job of keeping plot spoilers out of the way at times. XD;

I'm still following this, though. I don't care if I get spoilers en masse. ^_^;;

*subscribes to thread*

8D
Thank youuuuu! Yes, I am sorry about that; it was the first thing that came into my head! XD
I will try and keep the spoilers off the table from now on.​

DEMON FANG DEMON FANG DEMON FANG DEMON FANG DEMON FANG /brick'd

I haven't watched the video updates yet due to being at a friend's house, but let's see if you've at least done a better job at keeping spoilers than I would have. xD Considering the first video has where I would have made my first sarcastic mark.

I think I failed! XDDDDD​

Years
You did much better keeping the spoilers out of the vids in Update 6.

Quite entertaining. ^_^

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Fabio is Remiel? What has the world come to. /SOB
While you were talking about the Tower of Salvations, you sounded like a very curious scientist of some sort. |D;

I had a million other comments, but like.. yeah. |D Other than one of your remarks, you did a much better job at keeping spoilers underhand that I would have done. Believe me.

Haven't seen the past two updates, but I'm working on it. I'll probably be caught up by the time you post your next update. ^_^

Years
Fabio is Remiel? What has the world come to. /SOB

Kehehehehehehehe! :3​

Update 7 was great! Lloyd's a bad liar. :V

But...

Maybe you should do your LP from a computer with more resources free. Audio stutter's getting annoying. ;;

Do you mean the audio (music) is stuttering or the voices? If you mean the actual music, then I can't do much. ;;
That is how the ROM is because it is using a strange form of conversion that it has to use to work.
Oh, if you mean it was running slow, I think that was because I was running a lot of things on my laptop at that time! XD
I will make sure to only have ToS running and the capture software next time! :3​

Years
Kehehehehehehehe! :3​

Do you mean the audio (music) is stuttering or the voices? If you mean the actual music, then I can't do much. ;;
That is how the ROM is because it is using a strange form of conversion that it has to use to work.
Oh, if you mean it was running slow, I think that was because I was running a lot of things on my laptop at that time! XD
I will make sure to only have ToS running and the capture software next time! :3​

I meant the voices and the speed.

Much improved for update 8, though. ^_^

Back