• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Magma Version

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Team Name:
Team Magma
6vAwktL.png

My Skype:
billybuster69

Forums:
http://pokemonmagma.boards.net/

Rom Base:
Pokemon Firered Version (U)

Project Started:
June 19th, 2014 3:31 PM

NOTE:
I had to make a new post to organize everything, since there were a lot of old applications on the old post.

Introduction:
I have always wanted to make a Pokemon Rom-Hack that wasn't just an increased difficulty hack, like my Pokemon Extreme Silver, but a new experience altogether. I want it to push the limits of rom-hacking, like adding in new features that weren't though of to be added in a rom-hack before. I made this team because I think I'm ready to enter the rom-hacking world, and add something new to it.

Story
Pokemon Magma takes place in the Geno region, which is HUGE, and diverse in mountains, grass plains, snow fields, lakes, and Soot Peak, an active volcano, which is where you meet Heatran, the version mascot. It also has a royal hierarchy, complete with a King, Queen, and a Princess. I haven't thought of the male and female trainer names yet. We'll just call them "Guy" and "Girl" for now.
Guy/Girl turns 13, and gets their first pokemon, and goes on an adventure. Their dad is the champion of the Geno region, and is sent to explore Soot Peak, since scientists predict it will erupt soon. However, Team Dust stalks their father, hoping to gain information on the volcano, since they want to awaken Heatran, and capture it. It's up to you to rescue your dad, defeat Team Dust, and become the new champion.

Features Planned So Far:
- New Region

- New Map

- New Story

- New Character Sprite

- New Professor

- New Evil Team

- Custom Music

- Mugshots for every character, including all trainer classes!

- A touch of difficulty, and variety, to make it feel like an official Pokemon game!

- Day and Night System

- Weather!

- Pokemon from Generation 4 and 6!

- MANY, MANY hidden Easter-eggs!

- No Fakemon! (Yay!)

Application Form:
Skills:
Past Experience:
Proof that you excel at that skill:
Skype (Optional, but preferred)*:
Time Zone:
Additional Information:

*It is now mandatory to have Skype. You don't have to have a microphone, it can just be text

EXAMPLE APPLICATION FORM:
Skills: Mapping
Past Experience: I was a mapper for Pokemon Blah Blah Version
Proof that you excel at this skill: [Insert picture of a sample map here]
Time Zone: Pacific Time
Additional Information: I also only know how to input sprites for Pokemon Firered

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES
Spoiler:

Skills Needed, and Quantity:
- Pokemon GBA Music Composer (1)

- Custom Scratch Sprite Creator (2)

- Scripter (1)

- Mapper (1)

- Alpha and Beta Testers (5)

Current Progress:
Sprites - 3%

Music - 0%

Dialouge - 0%

Scripting - 0%

Storywriting - 45%

Current Team Members:
A green pound sign ( # )means they are active.
A red pound sign ( # )means they are inactive.
A blue pound sign ( # ) means they are sometimes active, sometimes inactive, mostly undecided.
A yellow pound sign ( # ) means they are inactively working on the project, maybe not actively updating the post, etc.

# DothThouEvenHoist? (Creator, Me) - Mapper, Storywriter, Dialouge, and a little bit of everything (except scripting)

# LuxrayHacker - Pokemon Sprite Editing, Move Editing, Stat Editing, OW Sprites, Minor Tweaks

# FBI agent - Scripting

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Skills: Quite the bit, I'll be applying mainly for scripting.

Past Experience: Kinda retired scripter for Pokemon Anjuba

Proof that you excel at that skill: You will have to trust me on this. While I'm not allowed to show you some of my more complicated scripts because they present themselves in someone else's hack, I can show you a simpler one I made some time ago. (Jpan's hacked engine used for below script btw).
Spoiler:

Skype (Optional, but preferred)*:Available upon request.

Time Zone: GMT -5

Additional Information: I enjoy helping people, however, I do appreciate taking breaks. I'm hoping you hire a team large enough so I don't have to do a huge load of work. If you are able to realize that I love my breaks, and some days I'm just not motivated to do anything, then I'm up for hire :P

Accepted!

That last bit is true ^_^ and I don't want to have a huge team, but don't worry, we won't be working 24/7. I acknowledge that everyone has a life outside of the internet, and sometimes, we have school, birthday parties, etc, or we just don't feel like doing anything. You're accepted! PM me your skype username on these forums, and send me a friend request (just to verify it's you)

Back