• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] [EMERALD] Expand Cry Table by 25; Add Animations

Years
So, I've worked out a teensy patch for Emerald version that fixes the issue with the 25 slots between Celebi and Treecko using Unown's cry, but a side effect is that now, every Pokémon after Volbeat uses Bulbasaur's cry, and in general all the Hoenn cry assignments are shifted backwards to start from Pokémon 0x0FC (the first of the ??s) with Treecko's cry and end on Volbeat with Chimecho's.

I'd gather this is the same issue that causes Pokémon added into later slots to default to Bulbasaur's cry, but I don't want to waste too much free space when I'm only going to be adding 25 additional Pokémon. How might I go about adding just 25 additional Cry pointers?

As well, I would like to assign animations to the new Pokémon that use existing movements and color changes, just with new sprites. How easy would that be to do, and how might I go about doing it?

I really would strongly prefer to do as little upending here as possible, since I'm not expanding the actual Pokémon list at all, and would prefer to be very judicious in my allocation of free space.

I am not adding any new moves or abilities; only Pokémon.

Thanks so much for your time!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
You can actually already freely adjust the Pokémon animations in those slots using PGE. They even execute a frame switch which is actually quite strange considering Unown has no animation and stays on one frame. The only thing that truly needs to be solved is adding the spots for their cries without destroying base game cries.

Back