• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
Welcome to Pokemon Emerald Final, this started out as something for personal use, but I continue to improve it. The goal of this ROM hack is to make the ultimate enhanced vanilla Emerald

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGAvnS7nNM
Current Version: 7.41

There is currently a bug that causes pokemon in boxes to become BAD EGGS, looking into it! FIXED!

How to patch IPS files/Play the game
Spoiler:

CIA Injection Instructions:
Spoiler:

Frequently asked questions
Spoiler:

About this Version:
This has been a long, arduous journey but it is now ready to release! v7.41 Has some bug fixes and some fun new features I am pretty excited about (detailed in the "New This Version" section) and some fun stuff planned in the future. Shouldn't be nearly as much trouble for future versions as the main issue with this one was bugfixing. For those interested in knowing, the BAD EGG bug was caused by the Surf script of all things... Fortunately that has been fixed! A big new thing worth noting is there is now an item for using Fly which makes traveling around the map much easier.

About Compatibility:
As always, Emerald Final is compatible with Vanilla saves, however the Deluxe Variant's saves cannot be imported back into Legacy or a Vanilla ROM unless all new generation moves are deleted. This also means Vanilla link compatibility exists so long as no new moves are involved in the trade / battle.
Saves will transfer between both versions of Deluxe no problem, and from Legacy or vanilla into Deluxe.

Differences Between Deluxe and Legacy
Spoiler:

New This Version:
  • De-Evolver.
  • 151 New Tutors (most are Deluxe only).
  • New items.
  • Wild Pokemon have been changed around.
  • Merchant in the BP Exchange at the Frontier sells items needed for Tutors.
  • Bike anywhere indoors.
  • Small merchants added to Dewford and Pacifidlog's Pokecenter with simple inventories.
  • Gen4-Style Sprite Replacement option.
  • Pokeball Replacer in Contest Hall. Pay a fee to swap the type of Ball your Pokemon is in.
  • Shiny Charm: In an out-of-the-way location, there is a Charm that increases the Shiny Rate.
  • The final rival battle's starter is now fully evolved.
  • Updated TM compatibility: Pokemon like Manectric had their TM compatibility changed in later gens and they have been updated to reflect that.

Features included:
Spoiler:

Planned Features:
Spoiler:

Programs used:
Spoiler:

Here's the link for the latest version in RAR format:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n9qn6yze8wiz3pw/Emerald_Final_v7.41.rar/file

Here's the link for the latest version in ZIP format:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nc3n12zcbme4wsr/Emerald_Final_v7.41.zip/file

Also a Dropbox link for those having problems with the archives:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhhpzmzh1577o9w/AAAxZ7CgOuBIZMAPHp_7MRhQa?dl=0

And finally a Google Drive link if all else faile:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B3pExHOvOG2oHA-7qmaqOMupmwFBksOg?usp=share_link

ROM Hacks that have used Emerald Final as a base:
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Day/Night Cycle:
Spoiler:

<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Fully evolved trade evolutions:</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Stats Color Coded by Nature</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Pokeblock Case given out by Safari Zone clerk</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Mirage Island:</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Frontier Services:</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Pokemon Gender Switcher:</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td></tr></table>

<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>EV Training Cave:</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>New Pickup Table:</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Stairs to Lavaridge (Post Mt Chimney):</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td></tr></table>

New Free Tutors:
Spoiler:

Legendary Locations:
Spoiler:

Event Item Locations:
Spoiler:

Special thanks:
megatyler30#6446
Zeo#4959
Akiak#4655
jwoy#5378
philenarion#0933
Axcellerator#5035
Semper#3268 for his extensive bugtesting and proofreading
scrapisarat#1968 for the new item sprites

And all the others who have helped me! (Please tell me in a private message if I forgot your name!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Looks like you have the five posts you need now, so go ahead and add whatever is needed.

If you can't add a particular link or image just PM me what you want added and I can edit it in.

Years
Looks like you have the five posts you need now, so go ahead and add whatever is needed.

If you can't add a particular link or image just PM me what you want added and I can edit it in.

Added in the link, I didn't know if the original post had gone through till just now. Let me know what you think!

Years
Some fun updates, move tutors are now reusable (they say that they can only be used once, just ignore that) and catching pokemon now gives experience! A great addition to a 386 patch in my opinion, not that you'll need more motivation to catch 'em all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
I really want to try out your hack but everytime i try to extract the Rar file it says "No Archives found" or something to that extent.

Years
I really want to try out your hack but everytime i try to extract the Rar file it says "No Archives found" or something to that extent.

I just tested the download link and extracted it myself with no problem, if you want I can send you the files individually, there's three IPS files to choose from, one with the Day/Night Cycle, one with it not affecting battles, and one without. Which one do you want?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I appreciate seeing a hacker who understands that not everyone wants DNS haha.

Years
Some optional features I have been toying around with:
Ability to change the ingame time (the Day/Night cycle is tied to your system time and that's why I haven't put it in)
Berries in Pokemarts
Removing Badge requirements for HMs (this seems to be toeing the line for me since I want this ROM hack to feel like an enhanced vanilla)

I would love to hear people's thoughts on these and I am open to suggestions as well

Years
Some small updates today, EVs now capped at 252, removed the "Can only Be Taught Once" warning from move tutors, added an option to change in-game time next to Shoal Cave (I hate waiting for the tides), Entire Safari Zone is open from the start and the clerk provides you with the PokeBlock Case (that always annoyed me, as soon as you find it you have to fetch the case)

Years
Probably my favorite update so far, improvements to the fishing system. If you're like me, you HATE how annoying fishing is, hit 'A' too early? Try again. Too late? Try again. And make sure you do this little minigame about six or seven times in a row just to find another Tentacool. But no more! Now it only has to be done once and you can't cause the pokemon to flee by pressing too early or too late!
Also I have added a clock next to Shoal Cave so you can see where to change the time, it looks out of place and I might try to change it to a sundial or something but I'm not planning on it just yet.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
T h i s.

This is the hack that I've been waiting for. Not much crazy changes. Everything to make my Pokemon Emerald experience the greatest. I really don't know what's more needed except to add all 807 Pokemon. Other than that, I'll be having a good time with this hack. ;)

Great job!

Years
T h i s.

This is the hack that I've been waiting for. Not much crazy changes. Everything to make my Pokemon Emerald experience the greatest. I really don't know what's more needed except to add all 807 Pokemon. Other than that, I'll be having a good time with this hack. ;)

Great job!

Thank you! I set out to make this basically the ultimate Emerald experience (hence the admittedly ostentatious name) so I don't know If I'll set out to include all 807 pokemon, might look into updating moves and abilities since there's a lot of fun ones in later gens. I'm glad you like what I've done, always open to feedback and criticism!

Back