Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokémon Glazed! (Beta 7 Released!) Page 273

Started by redriders180 November 29th, 2012 9:36 PM
  • 6813 replies
  • Poll

Should Glazed 2 be a ROM Hack or RPG Maker Game?

• 60.70%
  • 12.11%
  • 27.20%

Desmodus

ayy

Age 16
Male
Perak, Malaysia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,530 posts
3.1 Years
@TrainerX493 hey i played and i think i even finished the game few years ago, been searching for a new gba hack (after ash won a championship)
when will 8.6 will be out? and was there any changes besides bugs? (never been really bothered by bugs)
bro, please read previous posts

hackstar

Returned!

Male
Saturn
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
258 posts
6.8 Years
I am really unimpressed with this hack so far that seems like overhyped by casuals. Its just feels like Light Platinum hack done in EM that serves as decent gateway to new romhack player BUT significant worse than the original EM itself as how everything is so linear and plot is so all over the place and oh the dialogue gets worse. Gameplay manages to be very repetitive and uninteresting.
Always FEEL CONFIDENT!!!

Desmodus

ayy

Age 16
Male
Perak, Malaysia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,530 posts
3.1 Years
I am really unimpressed with this hack so far that seems like overhyped by casuals. Its just feels like Light Platinum hack done in EM that serves as decent gateway to new romhack player BUT significant worse than the original EM itself as how everything is so linear and plot is so all over the place and oh the dialogue gets worse. Gameplay manages to be very repetitive and uninteresting.
Please provide a few examples. For me, the game itself is quite neat although the plot needs a little bit more work, the gameplay is kind of addictive ngl, but the dialogues... gosh, such a turnoff.

hackstar

Returned!

Male
Saturn
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
258 posts
6.8 Years
Please provide a few examples. For me, the game itself is quite neat although the plot needs a little bit more work, the gameplay is kind of addictive ngl, but the dialogues... gosh, such a turnoff.
Okay I just finished the league somehow to answer this fairly now:

- routes are very small, linear and less complex and very few caves and everything goes very linear and straightforward even the gym puzzle designs. Although you could point some few small unique cool features like skating etc but ultimately they don't reward you anything special (like everything you can obtain somewhere better so they are pointless.
- way too many field moves like there is 8 HMs plus one rock climb.
- dialogue are way too bad. Like its real bad and issues. All characters including gym leader or grunts feels like same npc with same personality. this alone makes this
game unreplayable and less intriguing to play.

And okay now onto the biggest part of my gripe: difficulty. Its simply awful in every single way.
* nothing feels unique:
Every normal trainers and grunt and even the gym leaders picks same pokemon. And you basically battle same pokemon over and over. Its just get very boring.
* Way too many UNAVOIDABLE trainer battles:
Nothing feels challenge and all trainers basically spoon fed you giving free exp than posing any challenge until the pokemon league. Most of
low class trainers (like swimmer, grunt) should been almost avoidable or optional if one needed more free easy exp. You don't need to play
Gaia/flora sky/RD to understand what I am saying here,just play again the original EM then see what i meant here.
* Everything is very easier to obtain whether be it exp, money, TMs:
the game offers way too easy to earn exp and possibly unlimited money.
For example: on the last gym town there is ev training center that needs mere 1000 money then after 10 easy battles gives you already
16000+ exp and 6400 money just by smashing a button (again for example: same trainer sends Flareon which easily can be defeated with a
surf. Sure in EM/R/S we can battle trainer again and again (I am not counting FR/LG) but that would at least require lot of process like walking
certain number of random steps overall that could add challenge.

Basically what I am trying to say here unlike many other hacks, this hack manage to makes less fun than the original game itself. Its kind of game that beating it doesn't make you feel anything like it doesn't even heal your pokemon and SAVE YOUR PROGRESS after beating the so call champion. Well after finishing the game and I went to route 1 and triggered a glitch out of nowhere by talking to a random npc that stops the game and I restarted the game and sees it didn't saved your progress lol.
Always FEEL CONFIDENT!!!
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
50 posts
242 Days
What is this nonsense about putting Roserade into the game but not Roselia? Seriously, just don't include either of them at that point. It's crap like that which makes this hack look so unprofessional by todays standards.
Yep, agree there. My guess is that Roserade was added first, then Roselia was removed after, leaving that flaw in the game. I would like to eventually expand the Pokedex so Bedew and Roserade can be added (and the remaining Mega Evolutions), but if not then either replace it with Sylveon (hard, since the game only supports 7 evolutions without editing and that would make 8), or replace it with Carnavine.
What happened with 8.6 release?I'd like to give this one a go once more.
Read his post once more, he clearly said after December
@TrainerX493 hey i played and i think i even finished the game few years ago, been searching for a new gba hack (after ash won a championship)
when will 8.6 will be out? and was there any changes besides bugs? (never been really bothered by bugs)
I actually said that I have 8.6 nearly ready to release (for almost 3 months now), but life has been really busy for me to get it out. I had plan to get 8.6 out by now and to start on 8.7 in December, but it may have to come out then (though I have a family reunion in December now, we'll see if that's a good time or bad time for me to work on the hack).
Hello, is there any way to edit your starter ? I want to set Aron as my main starter, i used "advance starter" but it did not work. Is there some hack utility that i can use to do such ?
You will need to use Advanced Map 1.95 + XSE to change the selection at the lab manually.
Okay I just finished the league somehow to answer this fairly now:

- routes are very small, linear and less complex and very few caves and everything goes very linear and straightforward even the gym puzzle designs. Although you could point some few small unique cool features like skating etc but ultimately they don't reward you anything special (like everything you can obtain somewhere better so they are pointless.
- way too many field moves like there is 8 HMs plus one rock climb.
- dialogue are way too bad. Like its real bad and issues. All characters including gym leader or grunts feels like same npc with same personality. this alone makes this
game unreplayable and less intriguing to play.

And okay now onto the biggest part of my gripe: difficulty. Its simply awful in every single way.
* nothing feels unique:
Every normal trainers and grunt and even the gym leaders picks same pokemon. And you basically battle same pokemon over and over. Its just get very boring.
* Way too many UNAVOIDABLE trainer battles:
Nothing feels challenge and all trainers basically spoon fed you giving free exp than posing any challenge until the pokemon league. Most of
low class trainers (like swimmer, grunt) should been almost avoidable or optional if one needed more free easy exp. You don't need to play
Gaia/flora sky/RD to understand what I am saying here,just play again the original EM then see what i meant here.
* Everything is very easier to obtain whether be it exp, money, TMs:
the game offers way too easy to earn exp and possibly unlimited money.
For example: on the last gym town there is ev training center that needs mere 1000 money then after 10 easy battles gives you already
16000+ exp and 6400 money just by smashing a button (again for example: same trainer sends Flareon which easily can be defeated with a
surf. Sure in EM/R/S we can battle trainer again and again (I am not counting FR/LG) but that would at least require lot of process like walking
certain number of random steps overall that could add challenge.

Basically what I am trying to say here unlike many other hacks, this hack manage to makes less fun than the original game itself. Its kind of game that beating it doesn't make you feel anything like it doesn't even heal your pokemon and SAVE YOUR PROGRESS after beating the so call champion. Well after finishing the game and I went to route 1 and triggered a glitch out of nowhere by talking to a random npc that stops the game and I restarted the game and sees it didn't saved your progress lol.
For the upcomming patch, the Dojo will give you $0 for fighting them, and I've gone through all of the trainer classes, adjusting money rates in the game (overall should give less, but is still probably on the high end).

(Version 8.5.1 also reduced the levels of the Dojo to 15, in case you are on 7b)

Something I couldn't get working but would like to try again is let HM moves be deleatable. That will fix the HM problem (the game used to worse, as Johto needed 8 more moves to progress in version 6. Now Dig most others are only needed for optional areas).

The trainers in the lattest version should start getting harder in Johto and more so in Rankar, so if you get that far let me know how it is. I've been cleaning up this hack to get it to live up the hype, and its been from replies from folks like you that I've been basing my edits on.
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
10 posts
6.6 Years
So many broken pokemon i.e. missing moves.

Aerodactyl doesnt learn Crunch, Ironhead, rockslide and it's already @ lvl 72. It has only learned ancient power which is special. Move relearner doesnt offer anything useful so I'm stuck with rock tomb. Currently playing 8.5.1

Gallade isnt unique because it can only learn brick break as its fighting move and no psychic move.

It was really good as first, but it felt messed up as the game progressed.

Desmodus

ayy

Age 16
Male
Perak, Malaysia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,530 posts
3.1 Years
@TrainerX493 In regards to the post above, I believe it is important if not essential that more newer gen moves should be implemented in this hack as they had been in Blazed Glazed. Three to five new moves, if compared to the amount of newer gen mons added into this game, would not have proven sufficient. In fact, it cripples the usability of said mons and removes the enjoyment of using them.
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
50 posts
242 Days
Movesets is something I want to get going and updated. At the very least at some point I would like to update the movesets of all of the Pokemon to what Gen7/8 has, with or without properly adding more moves.

The one thing I haven't learned to do yet is getting assembly code made and inserted into a hack yet, which to do it properly like what Blazed Glazed did for the animations and new effects I would need to have done. I should be able to expand what moves are in the game at least and recycle animations if needed.

What I would like to do once I can work on the hack again is to learn how to do that, as a lot of features I would like to add involves that. And perhaps get some outside help with stuff I can't figure out.
Advertiser Content