• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] High Stakes Glamour [M] [OOC]

Years
High Stakes Glamour

Welcome to the Pokemon world… but not as you've ever experienced it before. In this iteration, the world is cutthroat and capitalist and it thrives on high-stakes competition. In this world professional battlers and coordinators are looked to like heroes, they are the biggest celebrities should they find fame and success and hundreds pursue the dream of entering those circles. For those who are skilled, there is a fortune to be had and a great status to obtain but those without may find themselves living in squalor.

It is into this world that you set forth. You are a professional coordinator living in the Sinnoh region, fighting for your chance to reach that coveted number one rank… but you have a long way to go.

How the RP Works
This RP is largely sandbox and has no required posting rate. You can more or less come and go as you please, but your posting (or lack thereof) will affect your character. After all, if you aren't writing, that means your character isn't competing and that means they aren't earning any money.

The amount of money you have determines just about everything in this RP. It determines how far you can travel from your hometown of choice, how many Pokemon you can own and it plays a part in determining your status.

Everyone begins the RP with $1000. To enter a contest, there is always an entry fee of $100. Additionally you will have to pay an additional $100 to travel to a city directly connected to your own to compete and an additional $400 to attend a contest at a city that is not directly connected. You will then make money depending on your results at the contest you attend - results that are determined by me as the GM. There is a new contest in every town and city every week. However, smaller locations will have smaller payouts. Special contests such as the Grand Festival may also have higher payouts, but also higher entry fees.

Your financial status will also determine the number of Pokemon you can own. You can own one Pokemon at least at any amount of money, however, if you fall below $0 that one Pokemon will become the property of the Bank of Sinnoh and you will no longer have any say in its moves or evolution. Beyond that one Pokemon, you can own another for every $2000 you have. Once you have at least $10 000 you will be deemed wealthy enough to have PC access and will no longer have a limit to the number of Pokemon you can own. If you've noticed you can fall below the required funds… that's because you can. If you fall below the amount required to own a certain number of Pokemon, you will be forced to release some until you can afford your team again. If you fall more than $5000 into debt, that's it for your character and you have to start the RP again with a fresh one.

Moves and Evolution
Here's some good news, you can teach a new move to your Pokemon at any time and evolve them whenever you want if you have GM permission. The same goes for catching new Pokemon so long as you have the money. Speaking of which, any move that your Pokemon learns naturally or by tutor is free to learn and you're welcome to give any Pokemon you add to your team one egg move. TMs (we'll be using the Gen 7 list) are a bit trickier. You can buy one at any time for $500, and yes they are reusable. If your Pokemon needs an item to evolve, those items also cost $500. Trade evolution is stupid outside the games and doesn't exist.

Exchanges
Everything has a price, but that price isn't always money… although it often is. You are welcome to make trade deals with your fellow RPers exchanging everything from money and items to members of your teams for things you want from other players, or to have them pay off any debt you have.

You are also welcome to gamble with each other on the results of a competition. This is a great way to rapidly increase your funds as well as to hurt the competition.

Contests
Contests are conducted anime style with the creativity and clarity of your posts as well as factors like re-using the same mon and the strength of your competition all playing a part in how you score. Contest types are as follows below.

Small Contest: A small contest only has an appeals round (no contest battle) and occurs in any location with "town" in its name. From third place onwards, your reward increases in increments of $200.

Standard Contest: These are contests that include an appeals round and a contest battle round (you're only required to write one contest battle and one appeal and just assume the rest based on rankings I give). If you pass the appeals round, you make $300 unless you place. Placing payouts increase in increments of $500 from 3rd onwards.

Major Contests: These are special events with the same rounds style as Standard events but are huge in-universe. I will announce when and where these occur. Passing the appeals round in a major contest earns you $500. Placing payouts increase in increments of $1000 from 3rd onwards. These events may have special requirements.​

Rules and Guidelines
1. All standard RPT and PC rules apply.
2. GM word is lore
3. Sorry but you don't get to decide your overall placing yourself, I get that fun :D
4. Yes, you're allowed to try and bankrupt each other. Why the hell not? It's pretty hard to do though.
5. There are no posting requirements but communication, especially with me, is essential. You must maintain active communication.
6. Make sure you keep track of your Pokemon and items somewhere in your posts.
7. Fun is mandatory.

Sign-Up
Name:
Age: 16+ we have to have some sort of professional ethic here.
Hometown: Where you currently live and operate from.

Appearance: Just an image is fine. Assume that clothes will change frequently.

Personality: Who are you? What are your motivations?

Starter mon: Either stage 1-2 of a three stage line, otherwise its first stage. No legendaries obviously. Nickname, sex, ability and moves (max. 6).

Players
gimmepie as The Judge and The Bank of Sinnoh. Your GM. Worship Me.

Last edited:
Years
Coordinator Rankings

Below are the top ten ranked coordinators in the RP. Currently these are only NPCs I have made but I will gradually expand the list to include player characters and player-made NPCs that recur.

1. Maria
Money: $120 000 Signature Pokemon: Primarina

2. Lisia
Money: $100 000 Signature Pokemon: Altaria

3. Jordyn
Money: $80 000 Signature Pokemon: Chandelure and Litwick

4. Brent
Money: $75 000 Signature Pokemon: Espeon

5. Bethany
Money: $72 500 Signature Pokemon: Lilligant and Whimsicott

6. Blossom
Money: $71 000 Signature Pokemon: Aromatisse

7. Miles
Money: $70 000 Signature Pokemon: Ampharos

8. Clarissa
Money: $64 000 Signature Pokemon: Marowak and Alolan Marowak

9. Winston
Money: $59 000 Signature Pokemon: Empoleon

10. Lavender
Money: $51 500 Signature Pokmon: Roserade

xX_GreninjaFan_Xx

xX_GreninjaFan_Xx
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 1, 2018
Name: Diamond
Hometown: Pallet town

Appearance: a1077573-3acd-464a-951c-eaf4661e5e1a.png
Personality: Extremely Shy, Usually works alone, rarely talks to anyone in a shy voice.

Starter mon: Froakie, Nickname: WaterBoi, Sex: Male, ability and moves: Pound, quick attack, Bubble, Lick.

Years
Hometown: Pallet town

Appearance: View attachment 85082
Personality: Extremely Shy, Usually works alone, rarely talks to anyone in a shy voice.

Starter mon: Froakie, Nickname: WaterBoi, Sex: Male, ability and moves: Pound, quick attack, Bubble, Lick.

Hi there!
I appreciate the interest but I'm going to need quite a bit more detail in your SU than that. Try taking a look at some of the others people have made in other RPs.

xX_GreninjaFan_Xx

xX_GreninjaFan_Xx
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 1, 2018
OK, time for my 2nd SU, using your guide to help me with this one.

Hometown: Twinleaf Town

Appearance: About 5 feet tall, weighing about 90 lbs or so. He is pretty skinny for a 20 year old male, the hair color is blond, and eye color is a light blue. He hairstyle covers one of his eyes. And he currently has no facial hair and no distinguishing marks.

He always wears a blue sweatshirt with little cotton balls dangling on it, And typically wears light blue sweatpants and a blue shoes.

Personality: Diamond is an extremely shy person, usually doing things on his own time unless being told otherwise. But when he does talk, he does it in a shy matter.

Diamond is a really smart person and typically gets straight A's in school. He also is very determined to get whatever work done. Video games help Diamond stay focused and always put a smile on his face, especially a Nintendo Switch.

Diamond, however, is very socially awkward, and barely talks to anyone, and if anyone mentions if he has a brother, he can get pretty mad, because he had a brother who drowned in a beach they went to a very long time ago, and he doesn't want to talk about it, and wishes to forget about it. And if he gets frightened by something that came directly out of nowhere, he can get really frightened and scared.

Starter mon: Diamond really likes the water, so he decided on a Froakie for his starter. Nickname: WaterPepe. sex: Male. ability and moves: ability: Torrent. Moves: Pound, Lick, Bubble, Growl, and Quick Attack.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Mochi Subette

Hometown: Hearthome City

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Mochi stands at a short 5'04. She has pastel blue hair that is usually kept in two high ponytails, which are tied by hair bows. Her choices of clothing are what she describes as 'cute'. Her attire makes her seem much younger than she should be and she is often mistaken for a child.

Personality: Despite her age, she acts like a rowdy child. She often goes on temper tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants, and like any childish person, she has a very high sense of imagination and is shown in a high prowess in creativity, but her attitude shows otherwise. Her lack in adultery growth makes others think less of her and they don't expect much from her. Because of this, she uses this to her advantage to avoid doing any work, but this doesn't mean she won't show a bit of a competitive side. She will often lead others into a false sense of thought by, at first, acting useless and then showing a form of high expertise. Even with that in mind, she can still seem a bit naive at times and even gets stumped by the simplest of words. She will even flatter herself at times, like calling herself cute or smart even when thinking of the most simplest things.

Starter Pokemon: Hoppip

Nickname: Mint

Ability: Leaf Guard

Moves: Absorb
Synthesis
Fairy Wind
Poison Powder
Cotton Spore
Bullet Seed

Last edited:
Years
Will take a proper look at SUs tomorrow. Just saying though, I want at least four people in this RP before I do an IC for it.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Honestly if this is garnering some interest now I'll "reserve" a spot for my homegirl Harley. Might have to wait a bit 'cause there's also PMD to look forward to, and Glaciate! But I'll jump in when I can :]

Years
OK, time for my 2nd SU, using your guide to help me with this one.

Hometown: Twinleaf Town

Appearance: About 5 feet tall, weighing about 90 lbs or so. He is pretty skinny for a 20 year old male, the hair color is blond, and eye color is a light blue. He hairstyle covers one of his eyes. And he currently has no facial hair and no distinguishing marks.

He always wears a blue sweatshirt with little cotton balls dangling on it, And typically wears light blue sweatpants and a blue shoes.

Personality: Diamond is an extremely shy person, usually doing things on his own time unless being told otherwise. But when he does talk, he does it in a shy matter.

Diamond is a really smart person and typically gets straight A's in school. He also is very determined to get whatever work done. Video games help Diamond stay focused and always put a smile on his face, especially a Nintendo Switch.

Diamond, however, is very socially awkward, and barely talks to anyone, and if anyone mentions if he has a brother, he can get pretty mad, because he had a brother who drowned in Hydrocity Zone, and he doesn't want to talk about it, and wishes to forget about it. And if he gets frightened by something that came directly out of nowhere, he can get really frightened and scared.

Starter mon: Diamond really likes the water, so he decided on a Froakie for his starter. Nickname: WaterPepe. sex: Male. ability and moves: ability: Torrent. Moves: Pound, Lick, Bubble, Growl, and Quick Attack.

Name: Mochi Subette

Hometown: Hearthome City

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Mochi stands at a short 5?04. She has pastel blue hair that is usually kept in two high ponytails, which are tied by hair bows. Her choices of clothing are what she describes as ?cute?. Her attire makes her seem much younger than she should be and she is often mistaken for a child.

Personality: Despite her age, she acts like a rowdy child. She often goes on temper tantrums when she doesn?t get what she wants, and like any childish person, she has a very high sense of imagination and is shown in a high prowess in creativity, but her attitude shows otherwise. Her lack in adultery growth makes others think less of her and they don?t expect much from her. Because of this, she uses this to her advantage to avoid doing any work, but this doesn?t mean she won?t show a bit of a competitive side. She will often lead others into a false sense of thought by, at first, acting useless and then showing a form of high expertise. Even with that in mind, she can still seem a bit naive at times and even gets stumped by the simplest of words. She will even flatter herself at times, like calling herself cute or smart even when thinking of the most simplest things.

Starter Pokemon: Hoppip

Nickname: Mint

Ability: Leaf Guard

Moves: Absorb
Synthesis
Fairy Wind
Poison Powder
Cotton Spore
Bullet Seed

Honestly if this is garnering some interest now I'll "reserve" a spot for my homegirl Harley. Might have to wait a bit 'cause there's also PMD to look forward to, and Glaciate! But I'll jump in when I can :]

Happy to accept both finished SUs. A reminder though, I won't start this RP without at least four finished SUs.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
something quick jic
ce1fcd905f.png

Hold your applause!
harley wakahisa (29)

' A circus on two legs. '
Yes, this is Miss Wakahisa, operating from Solocean. You'll have to excuse me, but I won't answer to "Ma'am" ? you'll address me as either a "miss" or a "madame" from now on, Monsieur ? and I'll be clear that I don't perceive this as a dinky interview, nor do I have any patience for impatience, so cut me off and I'll cut the line, capiche?

Brilliant! You're looking for "professionals ethic," yes? How convenient that we met. If I would ascribe myself with any label, it would be a businesswoman. I know money, I know people with money so I know what to do with money, I know how to make money and keep money and keep making money. Altogether, I am money, dear. I ooze it from my pores like the stinky, sticky gunk of a Gastrodon, and I will eviscerate the landscape around me in a terrific wrath if you even attempt to squeeze me to get more of it!

I am my own commando. I follow my own rules, and I will make it expressively, patently obvious if you or anyone else oversteps my boundaries. I have been told that I am very "brash" which was quite funny if it was intended to be insulting! Better than bossy. Ohh, I hate "bossy." I'd only be a busybody buzzing in others' business if it was also my own. Then I'd just crush them. You can call me "competitive," I suppose. But really, I just tend to draw attention, especially from the ignorant, so who can say if I'm really a loner?

That's a bit inconsiderate, to assume I "don't work well with others." Aren't you literally inviting me to work with Pokemon as a career? Oh! You must be like my stepmother, you think they're more like plush toys or pillow warmers. Things you buy and put on pretty shows with! See, there's Figure A for going too fast?Figure B is you striving to interrupt right there. Did I not tell you earlier to hold your applause?

You have a lot of nerve when you've barely got enough coordinators hired in the first place! Something tells me I should be your CEO!

How about I ask a question, now: what are my affiliates going to be like? Will collaboration ever be more than optional? And ? oh Gastly, no ? they're teenagers!? So many angsty little snots just spreading their filthy germs on every career path...! Oooh, it makes me livid! I hope these "Trainers" know, it doesn't take any talent or fortitude to make a career of being a runaway waggling their fingers, telling other beasties what to do for them! I thought you were looking for professionals; I don't want taller, uglier babies to bring that sort of philosophy to the performing arts!

Oh, and you know it's a bad idea, do you? Oh, and that I shouldn't trifle with your infallible understanding of the business world, should I? Well, at least I don't have to make a living off of little kids!

"Do I live for drama?" Ohh, do histrionics compel me? Is my life a stage to which I am the leading role? Ohhh, what a question! What a question indeed! Can you present the next one, and make it less stupid, please?

"Is my hair real?" Oooh, no personal questions, please! I'll continue talking about myself since you've clarified it bothers you so much.

I know you doubted it on my application, but I actually am native to Sinnoh, you know. Not anywhere mainstream, so I don't know the language. Actually, I wasn't born in the lap of luxury either ? I know, I wear luxury like a fitted glove, it's expected. My father married into wealth. I took advantage of that, to travel to other places, to get to know other cultures and lifestyles. I didn't just sit on my rump and eat Feebass eggs! Though they serve those in Kalos, they're quite good.

...are you even listening to me? If you don't have the speaker to your ear, darling, don't speak at all! Ugh, fine, alright... Don't make me act like your mother, you know that language isn't appropriate.

Right, you have nothing else to contribute. I'll be going, then. T-T-Y-L, cheers!

' And a primadonna on four. '
ce14d54f24.png
ELYSE | EEVEE?
Perfectionist and semi-elitist with a penchant for self-indulgence, especially when it involves food. Loves neatness and control, hates spontaneity. Do not bruise ego ? she holds grudges.

Her ability is ADAPTABILITY, powering same-type attacks and promoting rapid accommodation and skill attainment. Her techniques are listed below:
---Work Up
---Baby-Doll Eyes
---Swift
---Take Down
---Stored Power
---Last Resort

scouted by Bittersweet, turning starters into shooting stars!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 29, 2018
Name: Raynor Cline

Hometown: Humilau City

Appearance: Oc.png

Personality: Raynor is a clumsy guy who can often be found reading all kinds of books whenever he has free time. The books he reads range from comics, to pokemon encyclopedias to even fashion books.

He can easily regurgitate the information he reads, although most of the time he fanboys over comics.

He can be very talkative when it comes to things like comics, tv shows, and pokemon information and facts, but any other topic is given, he will remain quiet

Despite his looks Raynor is actually somewhat intelligent and will often research things he finds intriguing (one of these things being pokemon.)

His overall goal is to expand his knowledge as pokemon and maybe even become a professor.

Starter pokemon: Piplup

Nickname: Pip (Lol Soooooo original)

Sex: Female

Moves: Bubble beam, Ice beam, Rain Dance, Peck, Blizzard, Waterfall.

Nature: Modest.

Btw sorry if this isn't the best character, tis my first shot RPing ;3

Years
Name: Raynor Cline

Hometown: Humilau City

Appearance: View attachment 85225

Personality: Raynor is a clumsy guy who can often be found reading all kinds of books whenever he has free time. The books he reads range from comics, to pokemon encyclopedias to even fashion books.

He can easily regurgitate the information he reads, although most of the time he fanboys over comics.

He can be very talkative when it comes to things like comics, tv shows, and pokemon information and facts, but any other topic is given, he will remain quiet

Despite his looks Raynor is actually somewhat intelligent and will often research things he finds intriguing (one of these things being pokemon.)

His overall goal is to expand his knowledge as pokemon and maybe even become a professor.

Starter pokemon: Piplup

Nickname: Pip (Lol Soooooo original)

Sex: Female

Moves: Bubble beam, Ice beam, Rain Dance, Peck, Blizzard, Waterfall.

Nature: Modest.

Btw sorry if this isn't the best character, tis my first shot RPing ;3

Welcome to the RP!
The IC thread will be up soon, I'll ping everyone when it is.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Ayy, that was fast. Looking forward to the IC :]

Y?all got any plans for your characters to start?

Years
Name: Rupert Gallagher

Hometown: Sandgem town

Appearance: Rupert stands at 5'09 with an average build. He has short somewhat spikey orange hair an a beard that reaches his collarbone. His eyes are a blue similar to that of the sea. He typically wears simple clothing in the colors of blue, green, and gray.

Personality: Rupert has a deep appreciation of the simple things in life, such as the rain or a sunset. This is because he grew up in a large, yet poor family, with his father making a daily commute to Oreburgh city to work at all the mine. When he was in his early teens, he and his sister Claire began to compete in contests with their Clamperl, eventually pulling their family out of debt. At age eighteen they parted ways and Rupert began to compete on an individual level. Due to his background he often sympathetic to those who are poor or are of poor backgrounds. He has also developed strong teamwork skills after years of working with his sister.

Rupert notorious for forgetting things if his mind is not completely set on that thing and tends to go silent after realizing that he forgot it. He also has a tendency to forget to use his inside voice when he is excited, angry, or scared. But what he is perhaps most infamous for is his feeling completely responsible for others dissatisfaction in him and becoming depressed as a result of it.

Starter Pokemon: Clamperl

Nickname: Earl

Sex: Male

Ability: Shell Armor

Moves: Clamp, Water Gun, Whirlpool, Iron Defense, Brine

Last edited:
Back