• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
I tried that for over 10 times, but I still couldn't find any surf OW.
I only found the player's sprite while surfing...

But I need that blue thing where you sit on while surfing. I searched everywhere, but I couldn't find it. I know it's possible because Zel and Sergio did it too.
I searched every player frame and index (also bicycle etc.)

Anybody knows how to edit the blue surf pokemon where you sit on while surfing?

Or, if you found it in Overworld Editor Rebirth, then please give the index and frame number.

There is NO surf overworld. It's just the player's sprite while surfing. zel and Sergio just edited that sprite. ( They didn't edit some seperate OW >.>)

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2008
Pokedex description

The dexter tool is now working but i cant edit the description it is depending on the pointers and when i used the a-text to get the pointers and use it in the dexter tool this is what happened "h6AÍÔ h3Fvh6BËÌÂh6CÁ GRIBY likes to be cuddled and is very friendly, but beware not to startleh6AÍÔ h95vh6BËÌÂh6CÁ it because you ll end up being burned or shocked and in some ca h6AÍÔ h95vh6BËÌÂh6CÁ it because you ll end up being burned or shocked and in some cases both.h6" Which it should be like this "GRIBY likes to be cuddled and is very friendly, but beware not to startle it because you'll end up being burned or shocked and in some cases both." please help me to fix this. thanks

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Hi, when I replace muk's front palette it gets all messed up, his front and back sprites become the same one... and some of the colors change too, they're not the same as the ones from the palette I replaced it with... what's going on?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
did anyone ever realease a hacked version of Pokemon Diamond/Jade? (the bootleg Keitai Denjuu Telefang)
the Engrish one was so glitchly, I was wondering if a "revised" one was ever released, like someone took the original Japanese version and fixed the bugs/translated it better.
I apologize if this question has been asked before, I searched and turned up nothing.
As far as I know, nobody's released a hack of Telefang besides the original "Pokemon Diamond & Jade" bootlegs. I've thought about doing one myself, but didn't get very far before getting bored.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
The Base EXP is both how much EXP you get from a Pokemon and how much that Pokemon needs to level up. I believe, I'm basing this information on some testing I did like 3 months ago. :)

well i've tried, but changing the base exp. stat have no effect whatsoever on the exp. for lv. 100! With regards to my previous qn:
i want to adjust the level 100 exp required for a pokemon (eg. the pidgey family need 1000000 exp to level all the way to lv.100, i want to change that.)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
ExMaikel said:
another thing, ive just added an Indexed sprite of Riolu to a clean ROM and this happend :
frame0ku4.png

why ? please help me =(

edit : I tried to Index several more times, and at the best this what happens :
frame0ys5.png

1. With the Riolu sprite it appears that you have used too many colours, or the palettes are not correct.

2. The Electrike sprite appears to have too many colours, check and see if there is a colour that was not specified in your palette.

pkmnmaster69 said:
Can anyone explain to me how to use a hex editer? because im trying to add a pokedex entry and a pokedex number for the empty slots between treeko and celebi.

00=
A1=0
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5
A7=6
A8=7
A9=8
AA=9
AB=!
AC=?
AD=.
AE=-
AF=...
B0=••
B1=«
B2=»
B3=<
B4='
B5=|m|
B6=|w|
B7=$
B8=,
B9=*
BA=/
BB=A
BC=B
BD=C
BE=D
BF=E
C0=F
C1=G
C2=H
C3=I
C4=J
C5=K
C6=L
C7=M
C8=N
C9=O
CA=P
CB=Q
CC=R
CD=S
CE=T
CF=U
D0=V
D1=W
D2=X
D3=Y
D4=Z
D5=a
D6=b
D7=c
D8=d
D9=e
DA=f
DB=g
DC=h
DD=i
DE=j
DF=k
E0=l
E1=m
E2=n
E3=o
E4=p
E5=q
E6=r
E7=s
E8=t
E9=u
EA=v
EB=w
EC=x
ED=y
EE=z
EF=|>|
F0=:
F1=Ä
F2=Ö
F3=Ü
F7=|A|
F8=|V|
F9=|<|
FA=|nb|
FB=|nb2|
FC=|FC|
FC=" "
FD=|FD|
FE=|br|
FF=|end|

The Hex codes are on the right.

Hopefully that should help.

Jack of Bl♠des said:
Repost
---------

What exactly is a "#raw"? I see them in advanced scripts (like encounter scripts) and was wondering exactly what their uses/purposes were.

Also, what would I put in a script if I wanted certain types of music to play (like what you get when you play a badge)? A list would be much appreciated.

#raw inserts alot of raw/new data in the ROM.

Have a look for a few tutorials on music changing, they could have a list. To my knowledge I don't think one has been done.

finx_kazeryu said:
The dexter tool is now working but i cant edit the description it is depending on the pointers and when i used the a-text to get the pointers and use it in the dexter tool this is what happened "h6AÍÔ h3Fvh6BËÌÂh6CÁ GRIBY likes to be cuddled and is very friendly, but beware not to startleh6AÍÔ h95vh6BËÌÂh6CÁ it because you ll end up being burned or shocked and in some ca h6AÍÔ h95vh6BËÌÂh6CÁ it because you ll end up being burned or shocked and in some cases both.h6" Which it should be like this "GRIBY likes to be cuddled and is very friendly, but beware not to startle it because you'll end up being burned or shocked and in some cases both." please help me to fix this. thanks

Well you always have an alternative option, using hex. I put a word/decimal/symbol list above.

barca said:
Hi, when I replace muk's front palette it gets all messed up, his front and back sprites become the same one... and some of the colors change too, they're not the same as the ones from the palette I replaced it with... what's going on?

The eye dropper tool in an image editing program can be very helpful to get the correct/exact palette. Also are you using APE? because you could be editing the wrong palette.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2009
There is NO surf overworld. It's just the player's sprite while surfing. zel and Sergio just edited that sprite. ( They didn't edit some seperate OW >.>)

Well, how can I edit it then? I searched in the SG and Naranja files (OWE) but I still couldn't find HOW they do it. In SG it's just the Hero in a sitting pose, but no lapras or something.
Does somebody know how to eidt them? (FireRed)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Repost
---------

What exactly is a "#raw"? I see them in advanced scripts (like encounter scripts) and was wondering exactly what their uses/purposes were.

Also, what would I put in a script if I wanted certain types of music to play (like what you get when you play a badge)? A list would be much appreciated.

#raw is something which is used to insert a special command into the rom.
Like #raw 0x11 is used in a applymovement script to move up.
and like:
#raw 53
#raw <people no.>
#raw 00
which is used to vanish a sprite. I'm just giving examples.
When you get a badge you could use 'jingle'.

~C3LEBI

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
The eye dropper tool in an image editing program can be very helpful to get the correct/exact palette. Also are you using APE? because you could be editing the wrong palette.

This is what I'm doing... I replace muk's palette with ludicolo's palette like this...

Then when I go to muk on unLZ-GBA, the palette is all messed up and the back sprite dissapears...

Years
ok, about my problem
can some1 plz explain me how I insert sprites [ for example ... let's say replace charmander's sprite to an DP one ] and how I put 4th gen\fake pokemon sprite to the ?? slots.
ty =(
btw I tried throught 2 tutorials, wah's and pho's and I failed. =(

Years
This is what I'm doing... I replace muk's palette with ludicolo's palette like this...

Then when I go to muk on unLZ-GBA, the palette is all messed up and the back sprite dissapears...

when you change the palette of muk, ofcouse the palettes will get messedup -_-
but i dont know about the backpic thougth

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
when you change the palette of muk, ofcouse the palettes will get messedup -_-
but i dont know about the backpic thougth
lol, I don't get it... why do they get messed up, I've replaced venonat and venomoth's palettes with ludicolo's palette and they look fine.... muk gets messed up though...

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Because Muk uses different colours - all pokemon choose colours blindly from the pallet (eg. colour 4, colour 7, etc) and if these are changed, it may have undesired results.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Can anyone tell me how to use pokemoncryGUI i keep writing the pokemons cry to the rom and it always fails

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Because Muk uses different colours - all pokemon choose colours blindly from the pallet (eg. colour 4, colour 7, etc) and if these are changed, it may have undesired results.
Oh that sucks.... is Muk the only one with this little problem, or are there more pokemon like this?

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
need help fixing a problem with my ruby hack. I have a .bak and a .gba I didn't like the results of the hack so I changed the .bak into .gba after getting rid of the original .gba. The only problem is the .bak is no different from the hacked .gba why?

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years

#raw is something which is used to insert a special command into the rom.
Like #raw 0x11 is used in a applymovement script to move up.
and like:
#raw 53
#raw <people no.>
#raw 00
which is used to vanish a sprite. I'm just giving examples.
When you get a badge you could use 'jingle'.

~C3LEBI

#raw inserts alot of raw/new data in the ROM.

Have a look for a few tutorials on music changing, they could have a list. To my knowledge I don't think one has been done.

So in other words, it means I don't have to put things like "message", "givepokemon" "special", or "applymovement?", just raw?

Also, I'm looking for a list of sound commands as I type. I'll post them up if I find any just in case somebody else wants them. I know about 'fanfare' and 'jingle', but I'm hoping there are many more.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
Um... I'm not sure if this is where I should ask.

When using advancemap, how do you remove the events and stuff. I was working on the first part of my Hack, and I realized I don't know how to remove everything that happens in littleroot town.

If you're using 1.9, you can just select to delete the event that you click on. If you're using 1.8.2, you can choose the number of events you want (0warps, 0 scripts, 0 people, 0 signs, will delete all the events)

If you're using anything lower than that, I don't know, because I haven't tried those before.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i have a problem when i try to resize a map (making it bigger)
i am using elite map and after i save (after saving it in a new space where there is a LOT of space at about 800000)
when i try to open it again in elite map, there are no maps found o_O
what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back