• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Anyway, i have my own problem...
Error2.png

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this 1 tile wide row of border blocks to be present in the map?
The connection settings are regular and have no offset etc. and this is the first time in about 15-20 map connections this has happened.

:/
I would still like this answering please.
The dimensios of the two maps in question are 30/80 for the top one, and 98/20 for the bottom one.

Anymore suggestions?

also phantom girl. can yu explain more about what happens in Unlz?

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010
I would still like this answering please.
The dimensios of the two maps in question are 30/80 for the top one, and 98/20 for the bottom one.

Anymore suggestions?

also phantom girl. can yu explain more about what happens in Unlz?

Well firstly the sprite I put onto the game the bottom of his foot is cut up and spread about for some reason, and i changed the main girl sprite a while ago and that came out fine but when i tried changing the boys one it chenaged them both then all the sprites ended up in random places and i tried it in the emulator and it just crashed, I've never had this problem before :S

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
In unLZ GBA, load your FireRed ROM (if you're using Ruby, I'm afraid I do not know the unLZ GBA numbers), go to 1694 (or thereabouts). This is the male bag. If you go forward one space, you'll find the female bag. Replace the image with your new bag. Write to ROM and redo any palette changes in APE. You'll also have to change the trainer sprite, backsprite and overworld if you want continuity, though. There're tutorials on those, though.
Yeah i figured it out by myself(kinda)
But thanks anyway. So does anybody know where the images of the pc box are in unlz.gba?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Oh dear.. well i cant think of any problem that ive had thats similar apart from a sprite somehow ending up discoloured and underneath where it should be.
My ROM hasnt crashed though, however.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Ok nevermind, i found the PPTE tool and learned how to change their Pokemon & levels, i still have 1 problem. I need the tool that lets me change the starter Pokemon, I have the one that only works for Diamond & Pearl, i need the one for Platinum. Thanks..

RioKura

Mapper
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
This might be a really stupid question, but for a hack to be considered "good" do you NEED custom tiles?... and do they really make the hack that much better?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
This might be a really stupid question, but for a hack to be considered "good" do you NEED custom tiles?... and do they really make the hack that much better?

Completely opinion. In mine, absolutely not. New tiles in general suck because nobody can make them right, so the game therefore sucks rather than becomes better.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015

You don't necessarily HAVE TO, but it does make the hack feel fresh, like its actually a different game. If you feel uncomfortable with using custom tiles, aren't up to that level of hacking yet, or just don't feel like it, don't worry about it.

Once you DO feel like you can work with custom tiles, then I would recommend using them, it makes the hack feel more original.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.

The answer to this is no, it doesnt at all need custom tiles.

if you look at some hacks, the prime example is RijonAdventures. One of the best known and played hacks there is, uses default tiles.

some would argue that custom tiles are better, but it really doesnt matter

RioKura

Mapper
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Alright, thanks for the input :) I was considering adding them but now I probably won't.

One more question:
Is there a way to change the position where the player starts? I've seen it done in one hack, in which the player starts at the bottom left corner [on a remodeled player's room map] and was wondering how to do it.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
You want Start Map Chooser advance. I dont have the link, but i think its a pretty well known program.

On RSE there is also a tool to remove the truck i think.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
This has been irritating me all night long. How do I change the professor's text in the beginning and his sprite.. I can't figure it out. Is there a program or something that will let me do it? I'm using an Emerald ROM.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
You could use unlz-gba for editing his sprite. As for text, you could use Advance Text. As long as you don't repoint.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
when I want to warp I do warp 0x15 0x2 0x1 for example.. a the screen goes black.. I dont know what I am doing wrong because I have other scripts with warps but they work perfectly.. Is there something I must be careful with when I do a warp command? (it is so simple that I dont know what the hell can be happening..

ty

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
Hey,

1.Is there a specific program that plays the ROMs in the Emulation section?
2.Is it safe for my computer?

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Hello? I said I needed help. Well I decided to forget about the Starter Editor for Platinum....>__> Well I do have a minor problem. I made the patch for the Platinum and after I patched it, I can save the game but then I tried to save it again and it said "save error". Uhhh, what do I do here???:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back