• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Sel's eyes flicked to Valorie as she watched her play with Dratini, smiling slightly. She'd uncovered the truth...she just knew it!! She should so get a job with the International Police...she'd be amazing at that. Daydreaming, she hardly noticed as the teacher finally took notice of her and dismissed them all shortly. It hadn't been a particularly active lesson...and there was no mention of homework, but Sel assumed that an assignment would be sent to them somehow.

Roughly shoving her books back in her bag, Sel sidled over to Valorie and put her hands behind her back, humming to herself quietly as Ri clambered up onto her shoulder and leant over, grinning at Dratini. "sooooo." said Sel, barely restraining the laugh from her throat, "beach?" she asked simply, turning and waiting for Valorie to follow her. She turned to jack and gestured to the door with a flick of her hand. "you coming to the beach too?"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Yeah, king of the seas indeed. Weren't you just head over heels for the ice princess over there?" Duster asked wearily. Drizzle laughed at that.
"Well, every king needs a queen!" he said with a laugh.
"Well, either rule another domain, or go look for another queen. Because I'm going back to sleep," Snivy said. Snivy was falling asleep as well. Brian lay back in the warm sand.
"You should relax now, because the others are looking forward to a battle. I don't know if you'll be able to relax with that going on," Brian said distantly. Duster walked over to him and curled up on his chest. He smiled at her. Drizzle stopped being obnoxious, but was still trying to coax Snivy to join him in the water, which she ignored. Things were great! This was the life. He'd probably get bored with it within an hour or so.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye chuckled faintly, closing his eyes and listening to the breeze. "Thuh-his is nice... buh-hut p-peace w-won't l-last fuh-forever. Ih-it doesn't. S-Somethuh-thing h-has to ha-happen oh-or l-life w-won't be i-in-int-tuher-" He shook his head. "Exciting." He changed tune before adding. "Thuh-hat can be g-good suh-some t-times."His X-Transceiver beeped and Skye smiled faintly. It was a text message. Good to know that the feature worked. He would check it later.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie got up almost immediately, stretching a moment before responding. She was angsting a bit, and very eager to get out of the room.

"Yeah! Are we really late though? I wonder if Mark is waiting for me..."

It was then that Valorie wished she had a watch, not that they had set a specific time for the battle yesterday. Dratini was still curled around Valorie's abdomen, but curled up around Valorie's back to rest her head on Valorie's shoulder. Meanwhile, Charmander became jealous in its pokeball, though nobody would know that. It was however significant in that Charmander was not as intelligent as some other pokemon, and didn't necessarily understand the dynamics of raising pokemon in that a rash pokemon like herself was prone to causing problems in a classroom.

Hefting her satchel onto her shoulder, she would slowly make her way out, assuming Selene made a move to go with her.

Years
Class was over and what a relieve that was since it was a hour of doing nothing really so he was relieved to get up and follow Selena and Valorie to the beach to meet up with everyone else for a time of relaxation. "Yeah be right behind you" Jack took up Blaze from the desk who had fell asleep during class. Jack also overheard as Valorie mentioned Mark , to tell the truth Jack didn't like going a day without battling and Mark seemed like a good opponent at the time. "The beach is a good distance away so we better get a move" Jack suggested as he began walking through the doors.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
On the way to the class that Mark saw Valorie and the others heading two, he eventually ran into them. Snype adjusted his scuba mask and smiled at the group when he got closer.

"I was just about to check on you guys at your class. I'm all prepared!" Mark said cheerfully. He looked at Valorie once more. "Hehe, Looking forward to the battle Valorie. I say we relax on the beach a little first before we battle, ya know, it's a pretty nice day out anyways. Might as well take advantage of it...t..though if you want to battle right away that's also fine." Mark said trying to hide the fact he was nervous. Snype snickered. He looked silly wearing a scuba mask.

He then looked at Selene. He had to ask her just what happened during class and what she found out... though maybe he'd figure it out just by hanging out with Valorie...

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice and Jem finally arrived at the beach after quite a walk. What was it, about ten minutes away from the school? Alice noticed Skye and Brian relaxing on the sand, looking very serene. She sort of wished they would stay like that forever, because they looked so peaceful, and she felt peaceful too, just by looking at them. Suddenly, something beeped on Skye, but he seemed to take no notice, or perhaps he just didn't care for it. Was it some sort of phone? Alice remembered she had a regular little cellphone, but she didn't really give it much attention. In fact, it was turned off...

"Hi, guys," Alice said at a normal tone, not too loud nor too soft. She sat down near them, and Jem rolled playfully on his back. Taking two pokéballs from her pockets, Alice tossed them and released Bean and Savannah. "No available battles for you. Sorry buddy," she said to Bean, lying on her back. "Oh, and I brought these," Alice announced, carelessly tossing the umbrella and deflated ball. They landed with a plop on the sand.

Nideous

Years
"Watch it! Your getting sand all over my tail!" Snivy said irritably to the vulpix. Duster looked up and grinned. New people to meet! She ran over to them and said, "Hi! I'm Duster! The grumpy one is Snivy, and that guy in the water over there is Drizzle! It's nice to meet you all!"
"What's up!" Drizzle shouted from the water.
"Hmph! Be carefull where you're rolling!" was all Snivy said. Duster sighed.
"Would it kill you to be a little friendlier?" Duster asked her.
"Maybe," Snivy said, causing Duster to shake her head.
"Um... Hi Alice. How, uh, how are you?" Brian said nervously. He couldn't help himself. He always got like this around girls.

NightOfRemorse

Years
"Hi! I'm Jem, and um, sorry about your tail," Jem said to Snivy. He gestured to a Bulbasaur and Absol. "That Bulbasaur is Bean, and the Absol is Savannah."

Bean looked at Duster, Snivy and Drizzle, but didn't say anything.

"Hello everyone!" Savannah greeted cheerfully, running straight for the water soon after.

Alice smiled at Brian. "I'm good, just came to relax from that boring ole school. Maybe catch a water Pokémon. How are you?" she replied with a small laugh. The heat on the beach wasn't very intolerable at all. The breeze from the ocean made the temperature just right.

Nideous

Years
"It's fine, just be more careful!" Snivy said cooly. She shook her tail out, and returned to lounging in the sun.
"Hey! Another challenger!" Drizzle said, swimming toward the absol. Duster looked at him like he was hopeless.
"Yeah... This is a good place to rest. I, uh, I just caught Drizzle, my Buizel. If you really want too, I'm sure there are more water types around..." Brian said. Snivy chuckled at him.

Fuyu

Years
Skye turned and gave Alice and the others a smile. Rama yawned placidly and leapt from Skye's lap. He went over to Savannah and grinned. "Yo, fellow Dark-type. How are ya?" Of course Ellie woke up and was instantly zooming around, coming to a halt in from of Jem.

"Hi Jem! The beach is so cool and awesome!" Ellie cheered, bouncing up and down. "I've only been here once before now and that was scarily cool because Skye fell off a cliff and stuff. But his mom saved him yes she did and it was amazing!" The Eevee just kept chattering, looking excited before running back into the water. Skye shook his head and grinned as he checked his X-Transceiver.

"U-Um Rama will b-battle yuh-you if you w-want," Skye offered to Bean. "H-He's bored."

NightOfRemorse

Years
Savannah playfully hopped around on the sand and then jumped into the water, splashing Drizzle. She wasn't a water type, but she had a good amount of experience when it came to swimming. Savannah turned and noticed a Zorua. "Hi! I'm doing good, how are you?" she asked, happy to see another dark type.

Jem wagging his tails and watched Snivy lie down. He mirrored her and did the same thing, enjoying heat almost as much as he enjoyed battling. Ellie came and chattered about her last beach visit, and ran off to the water before Jem could reply. He would follow, but he didn't want to get close to the water...

"Oh, you caught this Buizel just now?" Alice looked over at Drizzle. "Well, you nabbed a very strong looking one!" she said. "For now, I'll wait for a Pokémon to come to me. I'm comfortable here and don't feel like moving." She laughed. "U-Um Rama will b-battle yuh-you if you w-want," Skye offered to Bean. "H-He's bored." Alice suddenly leapt up as if she hadn't said anything before. "We accept!" she exclaimed. "Bulba!" Bean said excitedly.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Brian grinned at them and moved so he was out of the way. Duster looked at Drizzle being overwhelmed by Ellie and Savannah and charged into the water with a cry of, "Leave him! He's mine!" She splashed into the water and dived on the pokemon. Snivy got up and moved away from the battle spot, and lay back down in the sun.
"Go for it!" Brian shouted at the pair that was getting ready to battle.

Fuyu

Years
Rama grinned. "I'm all right, especially now that someone is going to fight me!" He ran over to Bean and gave a cheerful little smirk.

Skye peered over. "Duh-ho you w-want m-my cuh-cuh-commands Rama?" Rama nodded. The boy stood at that, smiling faintly. "Wheh-hen-ever yuh-you're ready," he told Alice, seeing Rama's bouncing grin. He was ready to move.

"Bring it on!" Ellie came walking out of the water to cheer on her friend.

"Go Rama! Show us what you're made of! Go for it!"

NightOfRemorse

Years
Jem looked over and hopped onto his feet. He stood by Ellie and watched her as she cheered. "...Go Bean! Go!" he countered against Ellie's cheer, but all in good fun.

Alice sprinted over to the opposite side of Skye, making lots of room for the battle. "I'm ready. You can have the first move," she said as Bean walked into the middle of the "battlefield". Bean had only been in a few battles with wild Pokémon, and this was his first battle against another trained Pokémon, not counting the frequent wrestling he did with Jem.

Fuyu

Years
Skye smiled gently as his eyes glinted. This would be a fun battle so no hard feelings today. He lowered his head as Rama knelt. "Heh-here's the t-test pal: one." Rama was gone, bolting across the sand, kicking up the dirt. The sand was hard to move on but zigzagging helped immensely. He jumped, slashing down at Bean's face.

"Wahoo! Rama's so fast!" Ellie cheered. "Go! Go! Show him what you're made of! Show him what Skye taught us!"

NightOfRemorse

Years
Bean stood there and watched the Zorua nimbly zig zag around the area. He lowered his head, but didn't move out of the way.

"Bean, grab 'im when he gets close!" Alice called. Rama slashed down at Bean's face. "Bulba!" he cried, trying to endure the pain. His vines extended and they wrapped around Rama. He repeatedly slammed him down against the ground. Bean shook his head after the scratch to his face.

Fuyu

Years
The Zorua grimaced and stilled, waiting to hit the ground again. It was just pain. Volca had given him worse. He focused as he hit, then began to form a ball of dark energy, thinking purely evil thoughts and smiling slightly at them.

Skye smiled lightly. "Nuh-not that ea-easy," he mumbled. "Thuh-ree." From the vines, Rama fired a Dark Pulse at Bean. His teal eyes glowed as the malice went soaring in violet and black rings.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Alice noticed Rama start to form a ball of dark energy. "Don't let that touch you, Bean," she told him calmly. "Bulba," Bean said as he tossed Rama away. "Bring him down!" Alice exclaimed. Bean ran forward as fast as his body could take him - not very fast, but that didn't matter. Bean lunged forward to the airborne Rama and attempted to hit him with a Skull Bash.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Ahhh hey!" said Sel brightly as Mark approached, giggling slightly at Snype's scuba mask. In comparison to Ri, Selene was really polite about concealing her amusement...Ri took one glance at the pokemon and literally fell off Selene's shoulder laughing, Sel gasped and had to rely on not-so-lightning fast reactions to catch him. "Ri! That isn't nice...Snype, that mask is very...practical," she paused, thinking of the right words to express herself, "you'll be able to see loads of...fish and coral and...stuff that lives in the sea..." she trailed off and after a moment turned her attention to the obvious tension between Valorie and Mark. It wasn't bad tension, should she say, it was more of an apparent awareness of each other. She grinned, holding the still choking Ri who was now pointing at Snype as he laughed.

"Well...why don't you battle on the beach?? It's always good to practice on different terrain...then you can relax, battle, then relax some more!!" Selene paused. She needed to get Mark alone to relay what she had found out and what she suspected about Valorie...but how. "Umm...well, we've just gotten out of class...so I don't have any of my stuff...shall we go pick everything up and rendez-vous here in about 15 minutes?" she asked Valorie before turning to Mark. "And Mark, could you come with me and give me a hand? I have a few sunloungers that my Mom sent with me," she rolled her eyes, "she knew this place was near a beach and she always says that I need to soak up as much Vitamin D as possible...I would go myself but I can't manage them on my own and Ri can only carry one...and at the moment, I don't even think he'll be capable of that..." she paused and hoped that Valorie didn't take this the wrong way - the sunlounger reason was actually true, but the main reason she wanted Mark to go with her was so she could pass on information and get some more from him in return. This was getting to be a complex covert operation...

Back