• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (Part II)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
When I first saw Eelektross in B/W I was like "That's one huge eel", and then when I saw it's 3D model I was like "It's THAT small?" Not to mention it's thin as well compared to his B/W sprite

That's another thing that really shocked me. Also its B/W sprite makes it look clumsy and awkward....but its 3d model makes it look quick and graceful. One of the bigger differences to the old sprites.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
That's another thing that really shocked me. Also its B/W sprite makes it look clumsy and awkward....but its 3d model makes it look quick and graceful. One of the bigger differences to the old sprites.

The funny thing is when I first saw an Eelektross in the game, I was only half paying attention at the time, and was like "WTF is that thing?!.... oh, wait, its an Eelektross".

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The funny thing is when I first saw an Eelektross in the game, I was only half paying attention at the time, and was like "WTF is that thing?!.... oh, wait, its an Eelektross".

The first time I saw it I instantly assumed it was its pre evolved form Eelektrik. It was only on looking again I realised it was Eelektross.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Oh, just remembered another one. That Mystery Gift Torchic is too adorable. :D I remember when I first got it and it was doing this:

tumblr_muk4q8vU9u1qkiyi1o1_400.gif

Made me smile. :P Also, I like how his Scratch attack is like a full body move, and he has to run/hop back to his spot every time he uses it.

Years
I just saw Dragonair's design and I love it!!! . It's my favorite Pokemon so I am happy with it! I can't wait for the Bank to be released so we can see more designs!!! :)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I dislike the whole Axue line in this one, which is horrible because I love them so

I just don't get why they changed Haxorus's cry. It sounded better in Gen 5.

And I hope they fixed Dialga's cry. That's one noise that really needed improvement.

AKPorcupine

Yes, Follow the Light...
Years
I don't like how pale the poke'mon have become. Specifically Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard.

They used to be these bold, distinct orange, red, and orange again. But now they are so pale; they look sickly.

Sure, they look more realistic, which I like, but their colors are not as bold.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I disliked Hariyama at first, but thanks to its new model, my opinion on it has completely changed—now, I think it looks quite fierce. I would've had it on my team, but unfortunately though, its stats are quite low. It doesn't have a range of attacks in its movepool, either. Wish they'd given a mega-evolution to it. That way, it would've been able to become more useful. d:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Some attack animations don't really make a lot of sense (i.e. using a punch for Bite or Crunch) while some are absolutely stunning (Brave Bird, hey!). Overall, I feel the new animation is pretty awesome and part of what makes me love these games that much more. It's really elevated the dynamic of battles and for Pokémon too. There are a lot of Pokémon I never really cared for that I can't wait to use because of how much I love their new 3D models and animations.

If there's one thing I don't really like, it's how gyarados is just floating. They could've made him sit, curled on his tail like Rayquaza, I guess.. but I still love his looks nonetheless.
...but Gyarados is part flying, so I guess that makes it okay. D:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I can't think of too many specific examples other than Mr. Mime and how horrendously ugly/creepy he is. I haven't seen Jynx yet but I'm sure I'll be scared there too...

On the whole though, X/Y succeeded at what Gen 5 tried (and failed so badly) at doing: fluidly animating Pokemon. They're so gorgeous now that I can't believe GameFreak ever thought it was ok to have these ugly pixelated sprites wiggling around stupidly all the time.

Can't wait to see some of the old legendaries after PokeBank comes out!

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
The animations for the 3D models were brilliant, I say. Except...my beloved Chandelure...

What have they done to its fire?!

Back