• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Oct 8, 2016
Hi, i have a problem. When i unzip Adv. Map language is not change. In zip, it works normal.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Can someone please help me? I am trying to make my own game with my own region, and it is overwhelming to have all of the premade maps there and no way to make my own without losing where I put it. I want to know how to delete entire maps and start fresh, as well as how to insert a map from a file I have with the .map type. Thanks!

Years
Can someone please help me? I am trying to make my own game with my own region, and it is overwhelming to have all of the premade maps there and no way to make my own without losing where I put it. I want to know how to delete entire maps and start fresh, as well as how to insert a map from a file I have with the .map type. Thanks!

It's not a good idea to try to delete maps. You can seriously mess things up. Plus, it's a pretty big hassle. I'd recommend just memorizing what kind of maps are in the map banks and going from there. For example, in firered, all the towns and routes are in bank 3, while dungeons are in banks 1 and 2.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
It's not a good idea to try to delete maps. You can seriously mess things up. Plus, it's a pretty big hassle. I'd recommend just memorizing what kind of maps are in the map banks and going from there. For example, in firered, all the towns and routes are in bank 3, while dungeons are in banks 1 and 2.

Well, I want to make my own game with my own new region. Do I just leave all of the old maps in there and create new ones that don't match up with anything and try to make it in one giant pile of crap? I need to erase all of the other maps, or get a rom I can edit that has no maps.

And still, how do I load a .map file in my rom?!!?

Years
Well, I want to make my own game with my own new region. Do I just leave all of the old maps in there and create new ones that don't match up with anything and try to make it in one giant pile of crap? I need to erase all of the other maps, or get a rom I can edit that has no maps.

And still, how do I load a .map file in my rom?!!?

Jst edit and rename the maps that are already there that you are going to use. It's much simpler that way. Creating a bunch of new maps will take up WAY to much space in your rom. As for loading .map files, just click File --> Map... --> Open Map. Then press the insert map button and insert it in whatever bank you want, though I do recommend putting it in the same bank as other similar maps.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Jst edit and rename the maps that are already there that you are going to use. It's much simpler that way. Creating a bunch of new maps will take up WAY to much space in your rom. As for loading .map files, just click File --> Map... --> Open Map. Then press the insert map button and insert it in whatever bank you want, though I do recommend putting it in the same bank as other similar maps.

But then what about the maps I don't overlap? They will just sit there and take up space. And how do I rename maps?!

And thanks for the .map tip

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023

I opened one of my maps, and it's all messed up. It's like it drew a line down the side, and switched what was on each side of the line.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
I opened one of my maps, and it's all messed up. It's like it drew a line down the side, and switched what was on each side of the line.

I never inserted maps in a ROM by importing.
But I think your maps are messed up because u haven't imported map blocks , 1st and 2nd tileset and 12 palettes.
export those from the map you inserted(from ROM where u got .map file) and import on newly inserted one.

Years
But then what about the maps I don't overlap? They will just sit there and take up space. And how do I rename maps?!

And thanks for the .map tip

It's fine that the maps you don't use sit there. you never know when you might need them, and if you are using a firered rom then there's still plenty of space. if you run out of space you can always expand the rom, which you can find a tutorial on. If you want to rename a map, click on the header tab. assuming you're using advancemap, the name of the map should be listed twice: once on the top-left and once on the top-right. change the name on the top right and click the "Change Name" button and you're done!

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Does anyone know how to make a surf warp in Pokemon Fire Red? What I mean by surf warp is a warp that functions the same way as the surf warp present in Lillycove city in RSE when you enter the Aqua Hideout as I tried copying it but the person does not stay on the Pokemon when you enter the new area (I'm using a waterfall to serve as a secret entrance) which makes using surf impossible meaning you have to fly out.

Problem.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Is there a forum for a list of emerald maps like the number they are for when your setting warps to new maps you can find the map im currently having trouble with this

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 29, 2017
So I'm having a boarder issue and I have no idea how to fix it and its certainly not from a lack of trying. It wont let me post a screenshot since its technically a link and i haven't posted 5 times yet >.>
But anywho the issue isn't the map itself I've created the map just fine but the border that is used to fill the outsides of the map which is usually trees is stones and stuff and i don't know why. any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
This is an incredibly simplistic question but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask it anyway? Where in AdvanceMap is Viridian Forest? Obviously not all of the location names are in English, and I can find the area that leads to the forest no problem, but can't find the forest itself, where I wanna change the wild encounters?

Thanks

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
Might be a stupid question but I don't know how i can add multiple buildings to my tileset. So i can add a building to my tileset in paint no problem but I don't have enough room to add another. Am I overlooking something here?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 16, 2019
When you create a new map where does the map data go? Does advance map automatically find free space?

Back