• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Haven III: The Legacy [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Seraphimon-sama
W-what do you want from me!?: Ice Pokemon are great. Enough said.
My buddy Glaceon, I'll call you Shirayuki!
What ice-type move is your favorite, functionally and aesthetically?
I'd have to say Blizzard, but I do like using Sheer Cold as well.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the club,Seraphimon-sama!!
new topic :
which ice type pokemon has the best design in ur opinion??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Oo interesting question! I don't have a clue, but the Pokémon that instantly came to mind was Snover so I'm gonna go with that. :3 It''s adorable and I love how they managed to make a Christmas tree Pokémon without it looking awful :3 Its hands are insanely cute and they look like they could do a lot of damage, as well as showing that two such unrelated types can be so good together in a design. Grass and Ice are two types I never would've put together design wise but it really works in Snover <3 Shame it evolves into something ugly and awful D:

droomph

weeb
Years

I dunno...but yeah, Snover is pretty cool. It's pretty cute, but Abomnasnow really lives up to its name :c

I love Snorunt because it's cute, and Froslass because it's mysterious...and kinda cool :"3

Years

I'd say Froslass, she looks so beautiful.

478Froslass.png

She's based on the Yuki-onna, which is a beautiful but mysterious ice-ghost demon in Japanese mythology.

Also, Ice/Ghost is an interesting typing, I thought they'd never bring out a Pokemon with that combination but I like how interesting of a type combination it is.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Uh... How do you sign up? That sign up quote box isn't very straightforward...

I guess...

Name: Look at my username
Don't know what else to put...

u should fill this :
Spoiler:

lapras, Froslass and Snorunt has nice design

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Which Ice type Pokemon has the best design in your opinion?

In my opinion, Glaceon has the best design, but I'm biased when it comes to the Eeveelutions. :) I love the color blue and Glaceon's colors match those of a glacier. Overall though, Glaceon is just so adorable. :)

Reactions: EB

Mentalii

Back
Years
Name: Mentalii
W-what do you want from me!?:
Ice-type is my second favourite type. The ice Pokémon are often strong, and have good designs. If I was a gym leader, I guess I would be an ice-type gym leader, you can build a good team with them.
My buddy
Lapras, I'll call you Lokhlass!

Which Ice type has the best design in your opinion?
Glaceon's very cute. Like all the other eeveelutions. It's just adorable, and one of the most graceful Pokémon to my mind.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Everyone seems to love Glaceon eh? o3o I guess I can see it's cuteness:

Spoiler:

And it's toughness:

Spoiler:

But I'm not sure it's the best designed Ice Pokémon... It seems somewhat boring considering what most Ice types are like? With Pokémon like Beartic, Cryogonal, Weavile, Articuno, etc, it just seems like Glaceon was a little lazy? I dunno, I might be wrong, I guess I haven't spent that much time looking into it haha. I just think it should've had something interesting and unique about it; as it currently stands it just looks like a dog with pointy ears that's been put in the freezer :p

Who wants to convince me otherwise? ;)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
The best designed Ice? Sneasel came to my mind first (I'm not Weavile's biggest fan), but you know I think Articuno, Glaceon and maybe Dewgong can come up there.

Glaceon doesn't really have all that great of a design to me, but I've seen a lot of fan depictions which kind skews the appeal. Articuno is one I've ALWAYS loved. I can remember being 5-years-old and saying it was, like, my favorite. It still is one of them. Dewgong's design is simple yet effective. And Sneasel just looks really unique as an icy weasel thief with a feather thing xD

So tie between Sneasel and Articuno.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Everyone seems to love Glaceon eh? o3o I guess I can see it's cuteness:

Spoiler:

And it's toughness:

Spoiler:

But I'm not sure it's the best designed Ice Pokémon... It seems somewhat boring considering what most Ice types are like? With Pokémon like Beartic, Cryogonal, Weavile, Articuno, etc., it just seems like Glaceon was a little lazy? I dunno, I might be wrong, I guess I haven't spent that much time looking into it haha. I just think it should've had something interesting and unique about it; as it currently stands it just looks like a dog with pointy ears that's been put in the freezer :p

Who wants to convince me otherwise? ;)
i have to agree. Glaceon looks simple compared to other eeveelutions imo
this is first time i have agreed with alex on something :P :P

The best designed Ice? Sneasel came to my mind first (I'm not Weavile's biggest fan), but you know I think Articuno, Glaceon and maybe Dewgong can come up there.

Glaceon doesn't really have all that great of a design to me, but I've seen a lot of fan depictions which kind skews the appeal. Articuno is one I've ALWAYS loved. I can remember being 5-years-old and saying it was, like, my favorite. It still is one of them. Dewgong's design is simple yet effective. And Sneasel just looks really unique as an icy weasel thief with a feather thing xD

So tie between Sneasel and Articuno.
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ARTICUNO :0 :0 :0
articuno has the best design imo

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I'am join >w<
Name: vlay
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice Pokémon because when in hail all ice type is so extreme
My buddy Glalie, I'll call you Hugo!
Answer the current topic!: which ice type pokemon has the best design in ur opinion??
I like Glalie design he like a flying mask :) and I like Articuno too he like souleater bird.
Ah forgot about Lapras, the Transportation pokemon :3

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'am join >w<
Name: vlay
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice Pokémon because when in hail all ice type is so extreme
My buddy Glalie, I'll call you Hugo!
Answer the current topic!: which ice type pokemon has the best design in ur opinion??
I like Glalie design he like a flying mask :) and I like Articuno too he like souleater bird.
Ah forgot about Lapras, the Transportation pokemon :3
welcome to the club, vlay!!
nice nickname btw :P :P
new topic :
What was your first Ice-type Pokemon???

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Hmmm maybe my first Ice pokemon is Sneasel in Pokemon Crystal. Because in Generation 2 type Dark and Ice is Special move so I stored Sneasel in Box :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ARTICUNO :0 :0 :0
articuno has the best design imo
BUT WHAT ABOUT IT'S HUGE CREEPY BEARD ;; I do love Articuno's design, but I feel the beard really ruins it. I don't have a clue why they thought to include that, but it really isn't flattering for the poor bird xD

My first Ice-type caught was a Spheal back in Pokemon Ruby. I since evolved her into a Walrein and she's now resting in the PC to this day.
Ohh wow, didn't you like any of the Gen I/II Ice types? :o Spheal is an amazing cute ball of blubber and I'm not surprised you'd want to catch one, especially based on how good Walrein can be in battle, but I'm surprised none of the earlier Ice types took your fancy? Where's the love for Dewgong! ;;

Hmmm maybe my first Ice pokemon is Sneasel in Pokemon Crystal. Because in Generation 2 type Dark and Ice is Special move so I stored Sneasel in Box :(
This was a huge shame wasn't it? I was so excited to use Sneasel when I first saw it until I found out about it's horrible stats for a Dark/Ice typing :( What was the first Ice Pokémon that you used on a team? :D

As for me, I use countless Ice types so it's hard to remember, but I'm almost certain my first was Dewgong. When I went through Seafoam Islands for the first time and came across Seel I instantly fell in love and replaced my Blastoise for it (also at the time I was really upset at how ugly Squirtle became when it evolved so not a hard choice :p) but yeah, I've always had a huge soft spot for Seel/Dewgong as a result. It's not a Pokémon I talk about often 'cos it's not really fitting for me, but I love using Dewgong when I get the chance and it's one of my favourite Pokémon :3 It's so bulky and strong with really tricky moves like Rest/Toxic/Sheer Cold so it makes a perfect in-game Pokémon against 90% of opponents. The only problem is that it doesn't do so well in competitive battling with moves like Sheer Cold being banned and everything having Rock/Fighting attacks, but that doesn't stop me using it :D

droomph

weeb
Years
BUT WHAT ABOUT IT'S HUGE CREEPY BEARD ;; I do love Articuno's design, but I feel the beard really ruins it. I don't have a clue why they thought to include that, but it really isn't flattering for the poor bird xD
I think it's the plumage of a bird, not a beard :c

But either way it still kinda looks cool, but yeah.

My first ice type I cared about for its type is Cryognal. I used it to defeat the Dragon type gym, because Haxorus was killing my team very badly.

My first ice type ever was Articuno, but I just used it because it came along with a very high level. If it was a normal type I would've taken it just the same :P

I might have caught a Sneasel here and there, but I've never actually paid any attention to those Pokémon.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
I'd like to sign up too!!!!

Name: Psystar63
W-what do you want from me!?: A CasteliaCone, because I love having ice cream during the winter. That's how much I love Ice Pokemon!
My buddy Cubchoo, I'll call you Sniffles
Answer the current topic!:

I think it was maybe a Swinub or a Sneasel. This was way back in Gold when I was like 7, so I can't remember too well. I used Sneasel on my Gold team because I was trying to include as many Dark types on my team as possible. Plus, since it was second Gen, Dark and Ice was a pretty unique combination. Though I tend to avoid it now because of Fighting types and Mach punch. :P

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i don't think it is a beard :P :P

I'd like to sign up too!!!!

Name: Psystar63
W-what do you want from me!?: A CasteliaCone, because I love having ice cream during the winter. That's how much I love Ice Pokemon!
My buddy Cubchoo, I'll call you Sniffles
Answer the current topic!:

I think it was maybe a Swinub or a Sneasel. This was way back in Gold when I was like 7, so I can't remember too well. I used Sneasel on my Gold team because I was trying to include as many Dark types on my team as possible. Plus, since it was second Gen, Dark and Ice was a pretty unique combination. Though I tend to avoid it now because of Fighting types and Mach punch. :P
welcome to the club,star!!
cute pokemon choice btw <3 <3

i think it was Dewgong or lapras in Red i don't remember :P :P

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
i don't think it is a beard :P :P

welcome to the club,star!!
cute pokemon choice btw <3 <3

I agree. It's not a beard, otherwise it'd be located closer to Articuno's beak. It's just chest plumage.

Thanks! Cubchoo is adorable, isn't it? :3 And it always has a runny nose... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back