• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Woooot!!! Finally! Thanks Chaos Rush! I can finally try it!

EDIT: I'm a bit concerned about some things though. Isn't giving the Player 3 Oran Berries and 10 Potions at the start of the game making it so easy for the Player? It's just an opinion though.

J4F: And if I had a picture of the man giving you 10 Potions as a sample product of the PokeMart, I'll caption it; "Here let me give you 10 Potions as a sample. Great, now I'm broke, and the store's broke. I just gave 10 Potions to a pretty rich kid with 3000 Pokedollars as allowance."

And just a little bit annoying question:
How did you achieve the "[PLAYER] recieved 10 Potions."? And is this, in anyway related to it?

Oak gives ya 10 Pokéballs too.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
1-4_zpsce4230a1.png

This is a bit odd to me.
Team Rocket are attacking, and the police won't do nanything, and there's a security guard right there?!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have a guess on who will be the 8th gym leader!

Spoiler:

Right there at the start after delivering Oak's Parcel, her dialogue is so suspicious.

But this is just a guess, I haven't even got past Viridian yet. (Leveling Up is still so hard :P)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
EDIT: I'm a bit concerned about some things though. Isn't giving the Player 3 Oran Berries and 10 Potions at the start of the game making it so easy for the Player? It's just an opinion though.
No, it's not making it too easy. First of all, you HAVE to beat Blue and Green, unlike FR/LG where you can still progress if you lose to Blue on the first battle. That's two Lv5 starter Pokemon you have to take down, you'll NEED the Oran Berries if you got screwed with sucky IV's your starter. Also there's a lot more trainers in DarkViolet, I've played through it multiple times and I think it's safe to say that this will not be an easy game. *coughBrockHasAnOmanyteAndHeAlsoHasALv16Onixcough*

Case in point:
(Leveling Up is still so hard :P)

I don't think I made it too easy lol

And just a little bit annoying question:
How did you achieve the "[PLAYER] recieved 10 Potions."? And is this, in anyway related to it?
I've never seen that. I achieved it by simply recreating the item sequence in a custom script, which allows me to use whatever fanfare I want.

Sr but I didn't see the physical/special split icon
The physical/special split is still in the game. I just haven't implemented the icons yet.

1-4_zpsce4230a1.png

This is a bit odd to me.
Team Rocket are attacking, and the police won't do nanything, and there's a security guard right there?!
Actually, that picture is outdated. You just used the one in my signature. In the actual Alpha 2, there's no security guard, instead its a generic R/S/E facility lady.
axkz7r.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
No, it's not making it too easy. First of all, you HAVE to beat Blue and Green, unlike FR/LG where you can still progress if you lose to Blue on the first battle. That's two Lv5 starter Pokemon you have to take down, you'll NEED the Oran Berries if you got screwed with sucky IV's your starter. Also there's a lot more trainers in DarkViolet, I've played through it multiple times and I think it's safe to say that this will not be an easy game. *coughBrockHasAnOmanyteAndHeAlsoHasALv16Onixcough*
Whoa. Well, okay, that's a pretty good explanation for me.

Case in point:

I don't think I made it too easy lol
That was my post LOL. You linked it to Varion's.

I've never seen that. I achieved it by simply recreating the item sequence in a custom script, which allows me to use whatever fanfare I want.
Can I VM you about this thing? I haven't found any thread or post regarding this.

Oh and hey, is my guess about the 8th Gym Leader right?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Can I VM you about this thing? I haven't found any thread or post regarding this.
You never found anything regarding this because its a custom script that I made that I never posted online, lol. I only did it to choose my own fanfares, but it should be possible to hack the original routine/script to change the fanfare that plays, but I haven't figured out that part yet, so I just recreated the "obtain item" process from scratch via custom script.

Years
Excellent work. I also thought 10 potions was a bit much until I progressed further. For example, defeating Blue on Route 22 was harder than I thought... and it's pretty convenient having the extra potions to heal your Pokemon instead of running back to the PC every few minutes while you're grinding. And, as stated, there are more trainers to deal with.

One very small issue I have is that both Blue and Green/Red are on the certified trainers list in Brock's Gym, but if after battling you go and talk to him/her in Viridian Forest, he/she says, "Have you defeated Pewter's Gym Leader yet? I'm going to make sure I'm ready to face him." It's not really all that big of a deal I guess, depending on how OCD you are about storylines haha :P

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Why Did you released Alpha 2.....you should have complete up to PKM League and release it.

I think it's a great idea to release little Alphas and Betas just to show people what you've been working on and how far you've gotten etc. It is also a lot of work, going up to the league would take months.

In regards to the alpha itself I absolutely loved it. The ruby style OWs actually really work, I was a bit skeptical at first, but I'm really loving the hack. Everything is so pretty. Also about the potions etc. I found it was very useful to have the 3 oran berries and 10 potions, Blue on Route 22 was absolutely painful, his Charmander was a monster. Brock was also fairly tough. So I think it's all great. I think the Physical/Special status split icons would be a great addition.

TheZerox9

That's Right
Years
A VERY minor glitch I found was that hovering over Route 10 makes the little *Ding!* sound, like when hovering over a town. (I hate to be nitpicky, but thought you should know.) Anyway, love the hack! Very original, and I think this tops FireRed and LeafGreen ten times over! Good luck to you.

Years
For some reason I can't download Alpha 2.2. I don't know if it's Mediafire or the file itself, because I've tried to download it on two different computers and it always stops around halfway. I've tried switching browsers, too (from Google Chrome to Firefox), still with no results. I downloaded Alpha 2.1 with the same difficulty, but eventually it finally downloaded (after many restarts).

Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: I can download other files from different web sites just fine, but Sendspace was also giving me some trouble.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
This file I had a Charmeleon only with Dragon Rage, so the tough Brock battle actually became easy due to how cheap Dragon Rage is in the beginning of the game. I also love how you made Pewter and Viridian Forest more engaging. Now Pewter isn't just a city to battle Brock and leave.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Creative writing, plenty of good jokes, nice (even though a bit cartoony) graphics, and well-made scripts. That's how I would sum alpha 2.

Although the hack takes place in Kanto, and players could easily think this as "FireRed remake", it's not like that. Although there are lots of similarities, this is a totally new experience compared to the original games. All in all, this is a very good hack and totally worthy of playing.

One minor thing I didn't like about the hack though was the first rival battles since I lost twice against Blue (and luckily beat Red after him). This sequence could be changed a little bit, maybe by giving your starter pokemon a slight stat boost in the script after it's given or something.

Other than that, very nice work! And I also liked how Blue and Kamon have their own personalities. Something similar could be done with Red/Leaf as well so that they won't be so "generic".

Years
I actually have a question... Let's say I download the alpha 1, wich I think goes up until Viridian Forest, and now I want to download this alpha 2.
¿Would I have to start the game all over again, or will my adventure continue where it was?
If you could aswer me this please, I really like it the fist time I play it.

Just keep the good work with this thing :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I actually have a question... Let's say I download the alpha 1, wich I think goes up until Viridian Forest, and now I want to download this alpha 2.
¿Would I have to start the game all over again, or will my adventure continue where it was?
If you could aswer me this please, I really like it the fist time I play it.

Just keep the good work with this thing :)

I think you should restart the whole game as Alphas are released just to show gameplay and not to be played like you are playing the whole game. But I think it would be safe if you would save in your room, apply the alpha 2 and play on. When Alpha 3 is released or any latest update is released, do it again. I think it would be safe.

Back