• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (battle only RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
Years
Quickly Moonbeam realized something was up. "Double-down manuever! NOW!" I shouted.
She flipped impressively, missing the Confuse Ray but being hit by the Shadow Punch. Heh... he obviously didn't count in for that Sp. Defense stat again...
I quickly retailiated. "Okay, try Psychic again!"

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Baker watched Umbereon jump over the confuse ray, but land just in time to catch the full blast of the shaodw punch, it looked shaken, but shook it off and closed iot eyes as its trainer ordered the phychic attack, Baker changed his expression to determination. Haunter was good, but no ghost can stand up to Phsychic attacks for long, Baker reacted quickly as he saw that Hunter was flinching, it caused him great pain to see his pokemon in agony, baker could also feel there pain with the bond they shared, he screamed a command that echoed throagh the land

'HANTER!!! Use Protect!!''

haunter created a barrier of extreme power, it was so powerful that no attack could penetrate it, supernatrual or not, Baker had her right where he wanted her, he screamed again, but this time with a smile on his face

'haunter!!! use spite''

haunter closed its eyes, everything went quiet......you could have heard a pin drop.....everything felt clod, baker shivered....suddenly....Haunter opened its eyes, it stared hard at its foe....then...all of a sudden!.....5 Black demons with skelton faces but floated like ghosts soared over the top of haunter, and went round in circles 3 times...then all at once...they zoomed toqards Umbereon!

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
Years
::Wow! You have a stratagy?! O.o! XD::

"Not good," I muttered. "Rage! Show yourself!" Rage jumped out of a large crack. The ground cracked under him. "Really not good! Ok Rage, return!" My pokeball's red light returned him to his ball. I brought out another ball. "Your my best pokemon, Flare. Go Flare!"
I threw my pokeball in the air. Out of it came my Charizard, Flare. I smiled menicingly. "Flare's my best pokemon! Better watch out! Flare use Fire Spin!" She did as she was told. She knew the drill. She didn't hit Ase, instead she went all the way around the field. It looked as if Jason was confused. "I've got another trick for you to cope with!" Flare closed her mouth. I looked over the field. All the cracks were filled with fire!
"Let's see ya get out of this one without being picked off by Flare! If your Aipom jumps Flare'll get ya nice and easy. Like target practice."

Years
This was bad. Obviously Emily knew how to handle herself and her Pokemon.. that spelled trouble for me.
" Oh yeah! Well if I do this I think I might Checkmate your King! This is all a game of chess to me! " I yelled. I stared hard at the flames that were coming up. My eyes flickered quickly over them until I came to one off to the side.
" Ase! Third one to the left farthest forward! Now! Jump through and attack Flare with an Iron Tail! "

mizu-dragon

Years
::i am sooo sorry! you would never believe all the things that happened...::

"Oh shnap!" It wasn't that the Spite would do much damage, no, that wasn't my problem. It was just that those little skeleton faces tended to phase me out. Ugh...

Quickly regaining composure, I issued a command as Moonbeam shook off the effects of the spite. "Use Moonlight, and then Faint Attack!" With a flash of moonbeam and a swift motion of darkness, both moves were executed.

Yami's Girl

Years
I rolled my eyes. I that's the best he has then he's goin' down!
"Flare! Watch Ase!" Ase bounded over my fire pits and saored over to Flare. Ase was almost on top of her, tail stetched out. "Now!" I shouted. Just as Ase was about to hit Flare, she grabbed his glowing tail! Ase looked shocked, as did his trainer. I motioned towards Flare. She flew straight into the sky.
I looked at Jason evily. "Seismic toss!" I said. Ase came hurtling down towards a pit of fire. It didn't look as if he'd hit that, but he came down hard on the ground. When the dust cleared, Ase lay in a crater, nnot moving.

::Oh yeah! One for me!!!::

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Baker once again, was impressed at the strength, he knew that he was determioned not to even give up this round, and so apparanly was this other trainer, he had to think extremely fast at the Umbereons retaliationb of a moonlight and Faint attack, baker closed his eyes, he always found that the best way to come up with quick strategies, he remembered sometimg he had been told years ago by a varey experienced ghost trainer, ghost pokemon were weak against phsychic and dark attacks, but only because thay are the attacks that get inside a pokemon head, even a pshychic one, this gtave Baker an idea,''haunter, use Hypnonis......on your self!''

haunter looked at baker with a puzzled look, but it quickly changed to a laugh as he must have worked out bakers plan
i quickly prepeard a hypnoisis attack, abd fired it bacwards, the powerful attack quickly put haunter to sleep

Ghost p[okemon dont need to sleep, so they can wke up uppon command, plus dark attacks get in ur head, but if haunter is asleep, then it wont effect him! as drem eater is the only attack that will get inside the head of a gjost pokemon

OOC - babyazurill, I hope this battle strategy is ok with u, I like to have abbtles like as if pokemon were real rather thenm the GB rules, is this ok? I think it makes it more intresting

Years
ooc: Oh, *beeeeep*! One for you!

I called Ase back sent out Skippey.
" Skippey run to the crater that Ase made and use it as a ramp for your special attack! " I yelled. Skippey did so and went flying into the air.
" Okay Skippey! Use, Hyper Beam! "

ooc: I have no clue. If you want me to change it I will. I was being pressed.

mizu-dragon

Years
::oh yeah it's fun this way! and i'm not stuck with four moves either... hehehe... *grins evilly*::

This battle isn't about strength so much as experience. Our experiences are going up against each other; our knowledge is being tested. As a psychic trainer once said, the one with the greatest will wins!
"Moonbeam, use Iron Tail! Hit with fury! I believe in you!" Moonbeam charged forward with confidence and power, slamming the opponent with unbendable steel.
...heh... no one yet has beaten my will...

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
baker looekd on as the Umbereon came charging towards baker's now asleep haunter, baker dropped his mouth and cried
''nooooooooooooo''

.....Then, that look of panic slowly turned into a smile, the iron tail came crashing down upon haunter......and went straight throagh him!

baker smiled and shouted across the field to her
''people know that ghost pokemon are powerful, but they are extremely underestimated, why, well because people dont want to believe there power is unlimited, which is true, but at the end of the day, a ghost pokemon IS a ghost, and ghost arent damages easily, for example, iron tail is at the end of the day, a physical attack, which will have no effect on a ghost. NOW IT IS TIME TO INFICT UPONJ YOU THE TRUE FURY AND RATH OF A GHOST POKEMON!!''

Baker thought to himself
This battle is intence, this trainer has experience beyond her years, and talent to match some of the greatest, and as much as she loves her pokemon and treats them with respect, there is one thing she does not understand, and that is how to share your feelings and thoughts with a pokemon, so when you feel motivated, so do they, when you feel scared, so do they, and that will be the one thing that will be her downfall, still the day is young and she is very highly skilled

'Now haunter, lets take this 1st round, not for the glory of victory, but to help her understand, I need to show her but 2 attacks to help her, and here is the first, Haunter, use Hypnosis!''

haunter instantly awakened from its sleep cupped its hands to power up a orb of blue and purple lightning, it grew to the size of a large boulder before haunter sent it hurling thoragh the air straight towards umbereon

OOC - babyazuril, I hope you dont mind me Rp'ing as if I am more experiences, only I have no intentrion of winning this whole thing and I want my whole characters main focus to be that he is very experienced and has a great knowledge of pokemon, as he is about 28 and has had many gret battles in tyhe past. ok?

mizu-dragon

Years
::that's good, but i have many things up my sleeves::

"Uh..." I stood in shock. How could I not have known? It was so obvious too. As the sleep-inducing attack hurled ever closer to Moonbeam, my mind raced to make a decision.
Wait... it's awake now! Moonbeam looks tired, but she's being strong for me. I know that we can do it if we really try together and join our hearts as one! As one... That's it!!!
"Moonbeam, leap high with mind and heart over the ray and use Psychic with all your might! Reach to me!"
And with that I focused on Haunter, as Moonbeam did in her explosive blast of mental energy that gripped the opponent powerfully. Many older trainers thought one as young as I could know nothing about battling, or about loving your Pok?mon, but I was about more than strategy.
I lend my heart to you...

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Baker's and haunters heads shot up as the umbereon leapt into the air, it's eyes glew purple and fired a humungoous blast of phsychic energy, which was sent flying towards Haunter, baker knew this attack was going to hit the pokemon dead on. But baker also knew that his onw strategy was still going to work, Umbereon may have jumped the hypnosis, but the attack was so large, and a hypnosis attack also gave off invisible extra sleep waves, which has caught umbereon head on, Umbereon may have been able to stay away a few more seconds, but seeing as it had used ll its energy to jump so high and let off such a powerful phsychic attack, it was bopund to be asleep before it even hit the ground, as the phychic attack came crashing down on haunter, baker yelled what haunter had been waiting for

''HAUNTER!!'' as he yelled this he was lit up from the light of the phychic attack, people stared at him as his hair blew backwards from the wind, and his determiend looks was lit up,
''HAUNTER, END IT, AND OPEN THE GATEWAY TO THIS YOUNG GIRLS HEART, I WANT HER TO BE ABLE TO SHARE HER VERY SOULD WITH HER POKEMON, USE........NIGHTMARE!!!!''

mizu-dragon

Years
::shnapple that is scary, you read too much manga XD::

At the frightening call of the Haunter's Trainer, Moonbeam looked up, weak. She was nearly asleep, but there was time for one more command. The Psychic strategy will not work here... I've got to think fast!
Suddenly, the sun completely set, and I knew what to do.
"Moonbeam, use Moonlight! Use the power of the moon and heal completely!"
As the Dark Pok?mon's eyes closed, she was bathed in a beam of lunar light. Power flowed into her again, and as she fell to the ground slowly, she fell victim to the sleep of Hypnosis, and the Nightmare hit home. Moonbeam flinched in her sleep as a full quarter of her power was drained from her, but again she managed to awaken.
She cannot sleep if she does not dream... and will not sleep if there is a nightmare.
"Quickly! Use Faint Attack on the opponent, and show him that we indeed share heart!!!!" I screamed. Many heads turned, but I didn't care. This battle was not for money or power. It was for the honor of our Pok?mon, and neither was willing to give in.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
OOC - LOL, actually I dont read manga at all, I havent even picked up a comic book for about 7 years now!, and mudkip, it is a bit late, but OI will let u join if u make a better example RP, AT LEAST 5lines of a good story please, XD

IC: Baker watched as the umbereon who was on its last strain of energy stood back up with confidence, the female trainer was also very determined, baker looked in the air and smiled to himslef
hum, reminds me of me when I was that age
althoagh baker knew she had much confidence and loved her pokemon with much love, and she was very confident taht she shared her heart with her pokemon, baker was afraid to say that this was not yet true, she was nearly there, but she had not yet broken that barrier and crossed over the line, proof of this was that she hadnt recalled umbereon, she obviously cared for its safety, but if there heart was the same then she would have recalled it, I cant tell upn glance of thet pokemon that it is determined to win because it sences how its trainer feels, but in its heart it is thinking that that it would rather stop, but it will never admit nor show that as it loves here with a humungous amount of heart.

Perhaps me enduring the loss of this battle, would in the long run, be a win for me, as it would show her what she needs to see to cross te barrier

Umbereon had evaporated into a sea of shadow and was soaring across to haunter with great speed, it zoomed over to it as fast as a speeding bullet....and its attack hit the target dead on, haunter's smile vanished and it looked staright into the eyes of umbereon,

if round 1 is going to her, then I will also be talking some of the reward

baker said in a voice very unsimilar to his own...in barely a whisper
''Haunter, you already know what im going to say, you know I dont like it, but you understand dont you.''
haunter winked at baker, and with no orders neccecary, fired its final and ,most devistating attack...
haunetr instantly fell to the floor in afainted heap, but it wasnt just the faint attack that had done it........it was...........a myth..........a prodegy.........a curse.

Yami's Girl

Years
::Jason, you can leave it.::

"Flare!" I shouted. "Wait for it..." Skippy's attack was almost on top of her... "Now!" Flare's body split into 4 Charizards. "Ha! Double Team always works! Twister!" The Charizards made twisters, but instead of hitting Skippy, they circled him. "Now in the middle of my vortex, then Dragon Rage!" They did as they were told.
"Nowhere to go Jason! You're trapped!"

mizu-dragon

Years
"Ahh!" I retaliated in shock as the unnamed move caused the Haunter to faint - and Moonbeam to faint as well. She stood strongly for a moment, willing to go on with me, and then I saw her buckle.
I? can't...
She collapsed, tired out, having fought the brave fight. I rushed to her and picked her up. Her ears flopped as I hugged her.
"Are you okay? I'm sorry for making you stay in so long. You were perfect! I?m so proud of you?I?m so proud??
The weakened Dark Pok?mon looked up at me with her silent eyes. I buried my face in her fur and cried a little as the other trainer looked on, then pondered over which Pok?mon to send out next. Moonbeam licked my cheek, and I rubbed her head.
Then I straightened up and took her Pok?ball, recalling her. ?Never have we worked so well? you deserve this rest, but I sure don?t deserve you. Thank you.? I kissed the Pok?ball and returned it to my belt. I wiped my face and stood firm once more.
?Ready to continue?? Behind me, Terra retreated into her ball, sensing that I had someone else in mind.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Baker watched on as the trainer ran to care for her beaten down Ymbereon and carried it back to her place before comforting it and returing it to its ball

''I must say''
I said to her in a low voice
''I am greatly impressed by the heart and determination of you Umbereon, it fought bravely and with presistence, and it defenitely has that will to win, but moreso a will to please you. however I am very impressed with you, Your battle technique was superb and you defenitely have a great care for all of your pokemon, I can tell just by the way you hold your pokemoin that there safety is you No1 priority, There is however one thing you are missing that is the key to you becoming a fantastic pokemon master, This is something I cannot explain to you, it comes throagh vigorous understanding and unfortunately a lot of pain for you and your pokemon, Butr when you find it....''
Baker stopped, he raised his chin, the wind still flowing straight throagh his hair like the sea, he took a deep breath and sniffed the air, it left him with a sort of taste in his mouth, like swallowing a blooming flower in spring, he closed his eyes and listened to the wind, he heard it speaking to him, he heard te birds speaking to him, he heard the very earth speaking to him, everything was always so much better like this, it was the only time he was truly calm and relaxed. he took a minuite to enjoy it, and opened his eyes again.
He looekd up at a tree where a male bird was covering its partner with sticks and leavs to keep her warm, and making sure its babies were ok, he smiled....and looked back down to the trainer

''And when you find it....its the most facinating thing you could ever imagine in your life, your very sould sings a song of joy to you every day and finally.....althoagh you thgink you already may be.....you are...............free''
There was a sharp intake of finnality to this last word that showed that was all he could really explain about it.
The trainer looked at haunter who was still on the floor

Do not worry, I am greatly disturbed at Haunters currrent status and nothing would sooth me more then to at least run over to it and check its safety, however haunter would prefer to be allowed the space to recover on its own and will let me treat it when it is ready, he is a very proud pokemon''
Haunter suddenly shot up and zoomed at baker knocking him half off his feet and licking him
''He is also a very lively and loving pokemon! but theres a time and place for everything!''
he said this not crossly, but with a laugh and the look on his face that you would see when watching a baby playing with a new toy, or the first time they meet Father Christmas.
baker stood up and slapped Haunter a high five
''Nice one haunter, your the greatest, you know that!''

haunter smiled
''Haunt haunt haunt haunt haunt haunt haunt''
it replied still trying to lick baker who pulled out its pokemball and returned it before whispering to it to take a long rest and hooking it back on its belt

''Now, enough talk, I believe we have an other round to finish''
he said with a smile at her
''I will allow you to choose your pokemon 1st, I am intruiged by who you will choose''

OOC -Sorry about da lonf RP post, I just couldnt help myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back