The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Emerald Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #726    
Old November 22nd, 2012 (5:00 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 1,082
    Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait to listen the new music on the future update ;)
    Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs
    Reply With Quote
      #727    
    Old November 22nd, 2012 (6:31 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2012 by Diegoisawesome.
    Diegoisawesome's Avatar
    Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
    Oh god the bees
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: :noitacoL
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 1,048
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
    Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait.to listen the new music on the future update ;)
    Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs
    Just curious, what did you think of the new Cherrygrove theme that's in-game? I'd like to get other peoples's opinions on it besides myself and tonti's. I made a mistake on the name; it's called the Exhibit II. Its clock speed is 1 GHz and has 512 MB RAM. I doubt its ability to run Gameboid because I've seen it struggle with other, average intensity tasks.
    __________________


    My other resources:
    My Website
    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
    diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
    The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
    Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
    GBA Intro Manager
    The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
    Reply With Quote
      #728    
    Old November 22nd, 2012 (11:52 PM).
    XeroNos's Avatar
    XeroNos XeroNos is offline
       
      Join Date: Jan 2011
      Location: Finding new Challenges !!
      Age: 29
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 3,015
      Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
      Reply With Quote
        #729    
      Old November 23rd, 2012 (6:26 AM).
      Cyclone's Avatar
      Cyclone Cyclone is offline
      Eye of the Storm
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 3,373
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
        Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
        Quickie bugfixes. :)

        Cyclone
        __________________
        "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

        Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
        Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

        Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

        Reply With Quote
          #730    
        Old November 23rd, 2012 (6:55 AM).
        patrick_20052005 patrick_20052005 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2006
          Posts: 98
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
          Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?

          ...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

          Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
          Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

          tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?
          Let's just say im keeping my hopes up for them in the FAR future. =))
          Reply With Quote
            #731    
          Old November 23rd, 2012 (8:18 AM). Edited November 23rd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
          Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 1,082
            I like the new music more than the old one ;)
            Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
            For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
            Reply With Quote
              #732    
            Old November 23rd, 2012 (8:36 AM).
            Cyclone's Avatar
            Cyclone Cyclone is offline
            Eye of the Storm
               
              Join Date: Jul 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3,373
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
              I like the new music more than the old one ;)
              Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
              For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
              And therein you just explained why the others lag. More features.

              Cyclone
              __________________
              "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

              Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
              Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

              Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

              Reply With Quote
                #733    
              Old November 23rd, 2012 (12:22 PM).
              Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 1,082
                Nah lol i dont think thats the problem those features should have no impact on performance like the auto IPS and UPS patching on My Boy! emu for example :D
                Reply With Quote
                  #734    
                Old November 25th, 2012 (5:38 AM).
                mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Location: kanto region
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 304
                  in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #735    
                  Old November 25th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
                  Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Naughty
                    Posts: 1,082
                    Hm do you use the latest patch, did you used any cheats or glitches and which Emu are you using?
                    Ill check if this happens to me too
                    Reply With Quote
                      #736    
                    Old November 25th, 2012 (1:39 PM). Edited November 25th, 2012 by DrFuji.
                    mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                    mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2011
                      Location: kanto region
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 304
                      im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe
                      Reply With Quote
                        #737    
                      Old November 25th, 2012 (2:47 PM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
                      Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 1,082
                        Hmm you mean VBA-ReRecoding or Tigra Emulator for Android?
                        Reply With Quote
                          #738    
                        Old November 25th, 2012 (3:00 PM).
                        mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                        mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2011
                          Location: kanto region
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 304
                          the recording vba i use the compurtER to play my Rom or i use my jpsp to play my Roms.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #739    
                          Old November 26th, 2012 (12:20 AM).
                          XeroNos's Avatar
                          XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                            Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                            Age: 29
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Brave
                            Posts: 3,015
                            So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed
                            Reply With Quote
                              #740    
                            Old November 26th, 2012 (5:21 AM).
                            Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                            Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                            Oh god the bees
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2007
                            Location: :noitacoL
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 1,048
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                            Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
                            Yeah, only because there's so much things that could be done to make CrystalDust even better and I keep getting distracted by them.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                            I like the new music more than the old one ;)
                            Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
                            For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
                            All right, then I have slightly higher hopes now. XD
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
                            in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.
                            That sounds like the rival name didn't load from the save file into memory. Are you using 64KB save files or 128KB save files?
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
                            im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe
                            Or it could be cheats. Don't use cheats with ROM hacks, unexpected things might happen.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                            So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed
                            The next beta will either have a partly finished Kanto or a completely finished Kanto, but neither will mean the game is complete.
                            __________________


                            My other resources:
                            My Website
                            diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                            diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                            The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                            Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                            GBA Intro Manager
                            The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                            Reply With Quote
                              #741    
                            Old November 26th, 2012 (5:46 PM). Edited November 26th, 2012 by eragon_1121.
                            eragon_1121's Avatar
                            eragon_1121 eragon_1121 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2010
                              Posts: 9
                              First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
                              Reply With Quote
                                #742    
                              Old November 26th, 2012 (6:56 PM). Edited November 26th, 2012 by Diegoisawesome.
                              Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                              Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                              Oh god the bees
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2007
                              Location: :noitacoL
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naive
                              Posts: 1,048
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by eragon_1121 View Post
                              First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
                              Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

                              Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.
                              __________________


                              My other resources:
                              My Website
                              diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                              diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                              The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                              Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                              GBA Intro Manager
                              The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                              Reply With Quote
                                #743    
                              Old November 27th, 2012 (7:30 AM).
                              patrick_20052005 patrick_20052005 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2006
                                Posts: 98
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by eragon_1121 View Post
                                First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
                                no wonder i couldn't progress. thanks for posting. :)
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #744    
                                Old November 27th, 2012 (8:49 AM).
                                eragon_1121's Avatar
                                eragon_1121 eragon_1121 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                                  Posts: 9
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
                                  Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

                                  Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.
                                  Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

                                  By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #745    
                                  Old November 27th, 2012 (10:07 AM).
                                  Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                                  Banned
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                                    Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                                    Age: 25
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Naughty
                                    Posts: 1,082
                                    Thanks for reporting the Tin Towers bug i also had it when i played with My Boy! to check mikethepokemasters bug report about Azalea
                                    And thanks Diego for the quickfix and new music ill check it out :D
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #746    
                                    Old November 27th, 2012 (4:16 PM). Edited November 27th, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
                                    Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                    Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2007
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1,312
                                      Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

                                      I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

                                      (Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)
                                      __________________
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #747    
                                      Old November 27th, 2012 (9:10 PM).
                                      Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                                      Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                                      Oh god the bees
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2007
                                      Location: :noitacoL
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Naive
                                      Posts: 1,048
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by eragon_1121 View Post
                                      Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

                                      By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!
                                      Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                                      Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

                                      I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

                                      (Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)
                                      I hope to fix it soon, but the issue wi that is the way that JPAN had to rewrite it. Basically, he looked at every save block to find out where the free space was... Obviously, this will be different seeing as it's Emerald and not FireRed. I think I'm going to try to tackle this issue soon, though.

                                      Look out for more music in a new update coming soon!
                                      __________________


                                      My other resources:
                                      My Website
                                      diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                                      diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                                      The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                                      Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                                      GBA Intro Manager
                                      The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #748    
                                      Old November 27th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
                                      Ultra - Retro Reviver!'s Avatar
                                      Ultra - Retro Reviver! Ultra - Retro Reviver! is offline
                                      Ultra - Retro Reviver
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                                        Location: 'STRAYA!
                                        Age: 20
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Timid
                                        Posts: 154
                                        How far into the game does this go?
                                        I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.
                                        __________________
                                        Ultra - Retro Reviver | The Retro Game Enthusiast

                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #749    
                                        Old November 27th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
                                        XeroNos's Avatar
                                        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2011
                                          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                          Age: 29
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 3,015
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
                                          How far into the game does this go?
                                          I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.
                                          The current Beta 2 covers all the events of Johto and the Kanto Elite Four battles. I am sure he will add Kanto session in new beta 3
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #750    
                                          Old November 28th, 2012 (12:32 AM).
                                          ℨᶾanana's Avatar
                                          ℨᶾanana ℨᶾanana is offline
                                          ✪ Dragons Lead ✪
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                                            Location: Malaysia
                                            Age: 24
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Quiet
                                            Posts: 119
                                            Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. ^^ Wooohoo!!
                                            __________________
                                            Reply With Quote
                                            Reply

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:34 AM.