• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
Probably to distinguish between the orignals and the remakes. Much as FireRed compared to Red Version.

I kind of like the names, personally and they hold some value as it says on Bulbapedia. Dusk being linked with the Tin tower where Pokemon come to die and Dawn being linked with the Brass tower where Pokemon are born. It's very logical, I suppose that's why I like it.

I hope they keep the PokeGear if they remakes these games, because I think that's where Pokemon G/S/C really shined. Could be the reason I really like Emerald version with the inclusion of the Match Call system. Haha! ^_^

Years
Was it stupid to call Firered, Firered?

Thanks Dunsparce for Providing those copyrighted names

:surprised:

Kinda. But at least it pertained to the mascot of the game.

DuskGold and DawnSilver doesn't exactly.

Wouldn't it make more sense to call them Silver Dusk and Gold Dawn or something?

Since Gold is more of a morning color, and Silver the evening?

Like the title screens for the old games.
pokemongoldtitleng7.png

pokemonsilverversiongbcze1.gif

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Since Gold is more of a morning color, and Silver the evening?

Sunsets usually have Golden Skies, While Mornings (After the Sun Rises) have a Silver feel to them.

I'm getting DawnSilver, because I have Silver and prefer it over Gold.

What about everyone else?

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2008
getting

I'm getting Dusk Gold because I already have silver version and I couldn't catch a spinarak and that pokemon was sweet just like a gligar how it was only catchable on gold version

false swipe jay

1HP is more than enough for me
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2008
Bill having to fix the time capsule in Ecruteak in G/S/C could be easily changed to allow trading with D/P instead of back in time, since Pal Park accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

...God i hope it won't require the nationaldex to trade with D/P... if they remake G/S.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Bill having to fix the time capsule in Ecruteak in G/S/C could be easily changed to allow trading with D/P instead of back in time, since Pal Park accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

...God i hope it won't require the nationaldex to trade with D/P... if they remake G/S.

But that makes sense...Giving people the ability to import all of their Super Sinnoh Pokemon almost from the beginning just sounds ridiculous.

There is a reason for the nat'l dex you know, besides having the ability to register all the Pokemon you catch.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Except, they would have a really bad time with that, seeing as a Lvl 70 Dialga wouldn't listen to a trainer just leaving New Bark anyways. Allowing trade with D/P from Ecruteak on sounds pretty reasonable, and even then, they'll still have to send in Pokemon UNDER level 40 (I think...). Ok, so you can get a really nicely bred Pokemon, with some awesome moves, but you could just do the same thing trading in Johto/Kanto Pokemon from another copy of the G/S remakes as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Except, they would have a really bad time with that, seeing as a Lvl 70 Dialga wouldn't listen to a trainer just leaving New Bark anyways. Allowing trade with D/P from Ecruteak on sounds pretty reasonable, and even then, they'll still have to send in Pokemon UNDER level 40 (I think...). Ok, so you can get a really nicely bred Pokemon, with some awesome moves, but you could just do the same thing trading in Johto/Kanto Pokemon from another copy of the G/S remakes as well.

Or you could just wait until you beat the Pokemon League like a player who wants to take his time and not rush through everything. Plus, the Time Machine may be replaced with some other device, since it would serve no purpose.

Rainfall

~Solitude
Years
I don't want a remake of Gold, Silver, or Crystal. I hate it when they remake old classics and try to make them different and whatever, because the classics are just better naturally. I would like them to put the old versions perhaps on DS without modifications (except maybe modifying the connection system to Wi-Fi or something so people can battle) but I doubt that's going to happen. T_T

I'd still play it if they remade it, though, just because it was such a great game, but the older versions on gameboy color will forever be my favorites.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I don't want a remake of Gold, Silver, or Crystal. I hate it when they remake old classics and try to make them different and whatever, because the classics are just better naturally. I would like them to put the old versions perhaps on DS without modifications (except maybe modifying the connection system to Wi-Fi or something so people can battle) but I doubt that's going to happen. T_T

I'd still play it if they remade it, though, just because it was such a great game, but the older versions on gameboy color will forever be my favorites.

Nintendo didn't change a thing for the most part when they made Firered and Leafgreen, and the Sevii Islands were a welcomed addition. They probably won't change anything, but only add more to make the games themselves better. Having the exact same thing would be boring as hell.

Rainfall

~Solitude
Years
True, I guess. I meant that they update the graphics and all that crap. I mean, it isn't exactly a bad thing, and I know that they'll try and improve it to make it fun, but I guess everything such as videogames and movies being remade and all that stuff just bothers me. *shrugs* But that's just me. I wouldn't mind a new game to play, but I still think the older version will forever be a classic in my eyes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
True, I guess. I meant that they update the graphics and all that crap. I mean, it isn't exactly a bad thing, and I know that they'll try and improve it to make it fun, but I guess everything such as videogames and movies being remade and all that stuff just bothers me. *shrugs* But that's just me. I wouldn't mind a new game to play, but I still think the older version will forever be a classic in my eyes.

Trust me, If I know Nintendo they won't change a thing, they'll only add more to the game.

:D

Rainfall

~Solitude
Years
Yeah, sounds good then. XD I just get paranoid with those things sometimes because I know of a few movies/games that have been ruined in the remake, and that totally like, ruins everything for me. D: But I can't think of any right now. XDD

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Yeah, sounds good then. XD I just get paranoid with those things sometimes because I know of a few movies/games that have been ruined in the remake, and that totally like, ruins everything for me. D: But I can't think of any right now. XDD

*coughGBATalespofPhantasiacough*

I KNOW they're going to remake it. Why else would they out of the blue copyright DuskGold and DawnSilver?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
*coughGBATalespofPhantasiacough*

I KNOW they're going to remake it. Why else would they out of the blue copyright DuskGold and DawnSilver?

That and all the evidence out there :D

I've been checking Diamond and Pearl's coding for more Johto related stuff, I'm hoping to find a clue.

Hex makes VC's eyes bleed after a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back