• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

false swipe jay

1HP is more than enough for me
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2008
In response to pretty much all of the above...

1) how did someone (whoever first found it out) find out what names are copyrighted? is there a link?

2) remakes are NEVER as good as the originals. As for the Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C games, they stopped manufacturing them YEARS ago, so unless you bought one or two, you're out of luck.
reliable, used games are getting sparse. the batteries started dying so we really can't play them anymore, unless you get an emulator, but that's just as bad as not having the original.

i think nintendo would be foolish and borderline hypocritical in terms of why they do the things they do if they DIDN'T remake G/S.
they'd remake it because it would SELL, like everything else they make. not because it's necessary. i hate them enough for adding at least one UNOBTAINABLE pokemon in each generation.

"gotta catch 'em all" should entail even the possibilty that one can, indeed, catch them all, and i don't mean they were wrong in splitting the games into two's and having the trading capabilities. Such was the charm of pokemon!
but still,
mew should have been available legitimately (as well as celebi, jirachi, etc.)
no glitches
no nintendo events.
no cheat codes.
just hunt like mad and, hopefully, catch them.
heck, i'd have preferred it to be hard as hell to find and catch the darn things... at least they would be obtainable IN THE GAME! you would feel a bigger sense of accomplishment upon "beating the game"
it's all one big frustrating way to keep making money off of us, and it's pretty sleazy marketing...
... because, as for now, i can only beat the game if the nintendo high priests let me.

whew!

that's my one bane when it comes to pokemon

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
"gotta catch 'em all" should entail even the possibilty that one can, indeed, catch them all, and i don't mean they were wrong in splitting the games into two's and having the trading capabilities.

They officially dropped that catchphrase quite a few years back :/

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Not to mention the fact that Japan didn't have it. Although, in Gen I and II, there were legit ways of getting Mew and Celebi in Japan, which just goes to show how ridiculous this all is.

I'm just gonna buy a cheat thingy once I start playing DP for real (prolly when Garnet/whatever comes out) and get them then...

Years
I hope they keep the PokeGear if they remakes these games, because I think that's where Pokemon G/S/C really shined.
Me too( Yes I have Silver). They kinda brouht it back in D/P as Pokech.
At least they should have 2 modes ( Normal, Ash and Pikachu) and mutible save files.

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2008
copyright

Hey dunsparce how did you find the copyright names for dusk gold and dawn silver?

_Prince_

Pikachu?
Years
wow, you guys are having your hopes up too high for a G/S remake. I'm not saying there won't be a remake, maybe a possibility of it happening. It'd be wonderful if there was a remake *I'll ditch my diamond* With Nintendo copyright'ing dusk gold and dawn silver increases the chances.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Hey dunsparce how did you find the copyright names for dusk gold and dawn silver?

It's not like its that hard, all you would have to do is Browse what names are copyrighted from the appropriate website and by whom.

That's how people knew about the Wii almost 2 years before it was released.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Sigh, I hope they put the POKéGear on the Touch screen if the remake it, but I'm not sure why.

I had a major problem with FRLG's National dex. I usually have to catch around 46 POKéMON after I beat it, so I hope they do it like Emerald:just beating the game earns it.

They'd probably replace the Time Machine with a Pal Park-ish thing, that won't allow Hoenn POKéMON to come through.

If, scratch that, when they remake GS, I hope that up the levels of the Gyms and E4. I mean 50? Thats pathetic...

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
I feel the same way. Cause in Pokemon: DP the Elite Four...were, well...Elite. Haha! I'm serious now. I had well trained Pokes all coming in at at least 55, but Cynthia's Pokes were just a sight to behold how strong they were. I beat her on the first go, sure...but it still was plenty challenging.

I'd love to see that in the Remakes, because god forbid the Gym Leader's in GS really put up much of a fight... -_-\

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I hope they really go all out and just give them really powerful Pokemon. Maybe that will force people to actually battle trainers on routes instead of just avoiding them.

...Don't give me that look, everyone has done it -_-;

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
Haha! I'm guilty of the same perfection! I have to fight EVERY single trainer...

Even Steven in Emerald who's Pokemon are scary strong... O_o

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
I'm a perfectionist. I have to beat EVERY SINGLE TRAINER to be happy XD

I agree [and Dunsparce FTW]...

Johto was the best generation. Full stop. I would LOVE a remake.

I just hope the Elite four are a lot stronger. I mean I remember the highest level Pokémon in the league being something like level 54-60. The first of the elite four was using Pokémon stronger than that' chronologically three years prior!

Plus Kanto could be a whole lot different in a possible remake. Hopefully Safari Zone and Viridian Forest will not have been shut down/cut down. I'd also like to see more Kanto related side quests, like something to do with Cinnabar erupting or the Berserk Gene/Cerulean Cave. [Imagine Erupted Cinnabar's graphics on the DS <3]

Also I've been thinking. Johto LOCATION data has been found in DP... But has anybody found anything on Generation II exclusive items such as the Apricorns/Apricorn Balls or things like the Berserk Gene? They would have to have item images and data in DP for if they're traded over

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2009
Also I've been thinking. Johto LOCATION data has been found in DP... But has anybody found anything on Generation II exclusive items such as the Apricorns/Apricorn Balls or things like the Berserk Gene? They would have to have item images and data in DP for if they're traded over
I hope yes...
But if not we always can answer to our hopes that somehow we'll can't be able to trade with this items.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021

I agree [and Dunsparce FTW]...

Johto was the best generation. Full stop. I would LOVE a remake.

I just hope the Elite four are a lot stronger. I mean I remember the highest level Pokémon in the league being something like level 54-60. The first of the elite four was using Pokémon stronger than that' chronologically three years prior!

Plus Kanto could be a whole lot different in a possible remake. Hopefully Safari Zone and Viridian Forest will not have been shut down/cut down. I'd also like to see more Kanto related side quests, like something to do with Cinnabar erupting or the Berserk Gene/Cerulean Cave. [Imagine Erupted Cinnabar's graphics on the DS <3]

I found the S.S Ticket in Diamonds coding

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2009
omg that would be great g/s/c are my favs out of all the games

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I mean I remember the highest level Pokémon in the league being something like level 54-60.

Lower than that: 50

GSC is the hardest game to get Pokemon to Lv.100.

To have Pokemon both and raised in GSC to level 100 is quite a feat.

Not including the RGBY Pokemon I traded over, All I had at Lv.100 was... Dunsparce :D

Al Sadiyat

Naughty Trainer
Years
From Bulbapedia

Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes

It is popularly believed that remakes of the Generation II games, Pokémon Gold and Silver, will be produced for Generation IV on the DS.

Generation III

Soon after the release of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen on the Game Boy Advance, the remakes of the original Game Boy games, Pokémon Red and Green, many began to expect similar remakes of Gold and Silver. Rumors and theories that spread around Internet forums were unsubstantiated. Fans attempted several remakes of the games (such as ShinyGold made by Zel at PokéCommunity, and Pokémon Crystal Aurora made by Nekomata Yôkai at the PCA Forums, still in progress). On April Fool's Day 2004, PKMN.NET created some doctored screenshots, presenting them as legitimate and crediting them to CoroCoro comics. The image depicts the daycare on Route 34.

Generation IV

With the release of Diamond and Pearl and the start of Generation IV, it was now believed the remakes were going to be for the Nintendo DS. Unlike the Generation III era, however, several key pieces of evidence existed, such as a news report on the red Gyarados, Jasmine's appearance in Sunyshore City, the mention of Professor Elm's report about eggs, Cynthia's SecretPotion (which, in its in-bag description, mentions Cianwood City), the Gold and Silver Cards in Pokémon Battle Revolution, and the Park Balls, which are gold and silver in color, with a light blue band across their middle. The definite clue is, however, hidden in-game data that shows the games have the ability to trade with Johto-based games.
Recently, a fake CoroCoro scan has been spread; it erroneously refers to Professor Elm (Japanese: ウツギ博士 Dr. Utsugi) as Professor Rowan (Japanese: ナナカマド博士 Dr. Nanakamado).
Some fans also reason that because the Generation IV games happen contemporaneously with Generation II (according to several references like the "Search for the Red Gyarados" that airs at the start of the game), Gold and Silver will be remade, as the same thing happened with the Generation I games, which Generation III was revealed to be contemporaneous with.
As a side-note, when presented with Oak's Letter, Prof. Oak sates that the White Rock in Sinnoh has a counterpart in Kanto. In previous generations, no such rock has been seen. As Kanto was in Gold and Silver, Kanto's White Rock could be a Generation IV addition that would appear in a remake.
Since Nintendo took the incentive to copyright DuskGold and DawnSilver, it shows they might be considering a remake. DuskGold and DawnSilver seem appropriate, as they have similar meanings to the Ecruteak Towers. The Tin Tower is where Pokémon come to pass on (as dusk is the end of the day) and the Brass Tower is where Pokémon were born (as dawn is the beginning of the day).

I hope they make the graphics better than on D/P like they did from R/S/E to FR/LG -
I'm not too fond of Sinnoh or the D/P graphics!

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes

It is popularly believed that remakes of the Generation II games, Pokémon Gold and Silver, will be produced for Generation IV on the DS.

Generation III

Soon after the release of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen on the Game Boy Advance, the remakes of the original Game Boy games, Pokémon Red and Green, many began to expect similar remakes of Gold and Silver. Rumors and theories that spread around Internet forums were unsubstantiated. Fans attempted several remakes of the games (such as ShinyGold made by Zel at PokéCommunity, and Pokémon Crystal Aurora made by Nekomata Yôkai at the PCA Forums, still in progress). On April Fool's Day 2004, PKMN.NET created some doctored screenshots, presenting them as legitimate and crediting them to CoroCoro comics. The image depicts the daycare on Route 34.

Generation IV

With the release of Diamond and Pearl and the start of Generation IV, it was now believed the remakes were going to be for the Nintendo DS. Unlike the Generation III era, however, several key pieces of evidence existed, such as a news report on the red Gyarados, Jasmine's appearance in Sunyshore City, the mention of Professor Elm's report about eggs, Cynthia's SecretPotion (which, in its in-bag description, mentions Cianwood City), the Gold and Silver Cards in Pokémon Battle Revolution, and the Park Balls, which are gold and silver in color, with a light blue band across their middle. The definite clue is, however, hidden in-game data that shows the games have the ability to trade with Johto-based games.
Recently, a fake CoroCoro scan has been spread; it erroneously refers to Professor Elm (Japanese: ウツギ博士 Dr. Utsugi) as Professor Rowan (Japanese: ナナカマド博士 Dr. Nanakamado).
Some fans also reason that because the Generation IV games happen contemporaneously with Generation II (according to several references like the "Search for the Red Gyarados" that airs at the start of the game), Gold and Silver will be remade, as the same thing happened with the Generation I games, which Generation III was revealed to be contemporaneous with.
As a side-note, when presented with Oak's Letter, Prof. Oak sates that the White Rock in Sinnoh has a counterpart in Kanto. In previous generations, no such rock has been seen. As Kanto was in Gold and Silver, Kanto's White Rock could be a Generation IV addition that would appear in a remake.
Since Nintendo took the incentive to copyright DuskGold and DawnSilver, it shows they might be considering a remake. DuskGold and DawnSilver seem appropriate, as they have similar meanings to the Ecruteak Towers. The Tin Tower is where Pokémon come to pass on (as dusk is the end of the day) and the Brass Tower is where Pokémon were born (as dawn is the beginning of the day).

I hope they make the graphics better than on D/P like they did from R/S/E to FR/LG -
I'm not too fond of Sinnoh or the D/P graphics!

You copied that from Bulbapedia -.0;

I love the white rock conspiracy, it wasn't found in Kanto in Gen 1 or it's Gen 3 remakes, but there is a Kanto in GSC, so if there's a remake there's no doubt it'd be included. I'd love to see Tin Tower/Brass Tower, The Radio Towers and the Powerplant in DP Graphics, and the Magnet Train. Do you think they'd include a contest hall BTW? That's something I missed in FR/LG, they didn't include contests. ;_;

If a remake is made, the second after it's announced people will be making threads regarding Gen 3 remakes for the DS -.-;;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back