• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
Hahaha i was just kidding i used A Map and made this change to see your reaction :D:P
I think it would be awesome if Diego adds a scary place in Sevii Islands with 3 Gen Ghost Pokemon, do you like this idea?

Anyway i tried the new patch to check the new pokegears background and if the time bug was fixed but like with Whitney my pokegear was bugged but i have a worse problem

34gndw9.png

This happens with both My Boy! and Gameboid i cant even see the time and if i try to open the phone card the pokegear just exits

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Awesome work, thanks a lot diego. i want to replay the game again with the new patch, thanks for the updates. :)

edit: just noticed elitepokes' post, i agree the falkner overworld looks perfect! the frlg feel is really there. :)
I'm thinking that there maybe a possibility that the falkner trainer sprite would be changed to accomodate the overworld's colors?
Thanks for the comment! But the overworld sprite was actually made with the palette of the trainer sprite, so...
Great update Diego. Hopefully all of the work is done soon. Best wishes!!!1
Soon? Haha.
I'd just like to ask a few questions.
When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released? Sometime in '09 and March 2012, respectively.

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now? I'm actually working on Shining Opal, but CrystalDust and new things for it keep bringing me back.

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand) There's supposed to be a script there to block you, which accidentally got disabled. Fixed and uploaded.

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
Gym Leader Whitney~
Comments in bold.
Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys ;)

Hehe the IPS file is 1,60 MB now :D
Thanks for the praise!
Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. :) I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.) :)
Thanks a lot! I'll insert the sprites later.
I just checked the pokegear new design, it looks amazing!

Are you going to work on my sprite as well, Retribution?

EDIT: I found a bug, my pokegear says that its "Monday 44:17 pm".
Try the latest patch, it may fix that issue. If not, shoot me a PM with your save file and the name of your emulator.
WOW! Awesome work with the palette! Really beautiful! :) Keep working, you're doing an excellent job!
Thanks for the comment!
How about a picture of the old one for side by side comparisons? Good idea with revamping what you don't feel comfortable with.
For those of you who want a side-by-side comparison:
VRgkj.png
IAjHb.png

Old is to the left, new is to the right.
I think it would be awesome if Diego adds a scary place in Sevii Islands with 3 Gen Ghost Pokemon, do you like this idea?

Anyway i tried the new patch to check the new pokegears background and if the time bug was fixed but like with Whitney my pokegear was bugged but i have a worse problem

34gndw9.png

This happens with both My Boy! and Gameboid i cant even see the time and if i try to open the phone card the pokegear just exits
Regarding the new area, it sounds interesting.
And about the Pokégear, no idea how but incorrectly inserting the BG image led to it working fine on some emulators and breaking on others. This is now fixed and uploaded.

Years
Thanks for the fixes, too bad i cant check the new version now bc i need a computer to apply the patch :D
I dont get why theres no ips patcher app for Android when there are so many gba emus and various gba tools available 0.o
Well anyway ill wait until you insert the new OW to start a new game

Years
I'd just like to ask a few questions.
When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released?

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
Gym Leader Whitney~
That's because the Beta2 ends there. Diego is working hard on Beta 3 which will include Kaanto and of course that SS Aqua

Years
hmmm where u guys r downloading those little patches?
You get the last version of this hack from the link in the first post if Diego uploads a new version you can just get it from the same link

Edit:
I tried this hack with VBA-M and it looks awesome i also like the new pokegear background but i have a question will the pokegear flash like the pokenav did when a trainer wants a rematch when you add the ability to have rematches with trainers?

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
hmmm where u guys r downloading those little patches?
You can get it from my site; the link in the first post is always up-to-date.
You get the last version of this hack from the link in the first post if Diego uploads a new version you can just get it from the same link

Edit:
I tried this hack with VBA-M and it looks awesome i also like the new pokegear background but i have a question will the pokegear flash like the pokenav did when a trainer wants a rematch when you add the ability to have rematches with trainers?
Please don't post direct links to the download, I'd rather people go through the download page for multiple reasons. If you could please edit the link out or change it to the download page, I would be happy.

Also, just letting you know that when I posted that I fixed it last night, I mean that it should work on Gameboid as well. And yes, it will flash correctly.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
Things seem to really be shaping up here. I'm quite enjoying the updated goldenrod, and the new overworld sprites are nice too.

Sierraffinity

Years
Things seem to really be shaping up here. I'm quite enjoying the updated goldenrod, and the new overworld sprites are nice too.
Thanks for the comment and your contribution to the hack!
Also, new patch update: new overworld sprites for Bugsy and Whitney have been inserted, as well as the final squashing of the Android day of the week bug.

Years
O.o Sorry i removed the link, i tried the patch which i downloaded before this final fix for the day of the week and the new OWs and the time was fine except one thing Wesley who gives a Black Belt at Lake of Rage on Wednesday is missing maybe thats related to the time bug and maybe it got fixed with your last update i cant check it out now bc i just stopped playing the previous version at lake of rage :D
I also found a Hoothoot in a tree near the Sudowoodo event and the Pokedex shows that Hoothoots can be encountered in many places which is strange since night pokemon are not supposed to be in the hack for now
And something is wrong with those 3 apricorn trees there is nothing on them as if i already picked the apricorns

Those trees on Route 46 seem to be out of place

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Thanks for the comment and your contribution to the hack!
Also, new patch update: new overworld sprites for Bugsy and Whitney have been inserted, as well as the final squashing of the Android day of the week bug.

Awesome. :D Just noticed my last little comment on the PM sounds a bit redundant now. xD I'll download the latest patch and get to work on more OWs soon. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Those trees on Route 46 seem to be out of place

I can explain that. You are seeing what happens at the map border. If diego keeps the maps EXACTLY identical, there's nothing he can do about this. Otherwise, he'd have to change a border tile, thus screwing up something below.

There IS one possible fix; he can add a small map covering the height of the area between Route 45 and Route 29 (to the east, and this can just be a continued downward extension of Route 45 to where it will meet Route 29) and fill in an appropriate border there. This might be the best option so that everything ties in the way it should. He'll need to cover the entire area or it will look wrong anywhere on the right of the map. (diego, if you're confused by this, send me the working copy on MSN and I'll do it.)

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
I can explain that. You are seeing what happens at the map border. If diego keeps the maps EXACTLY identical, there's nothing he can do about this. Otherwise, he'd have to change a border tile, thus screwing up something below.

There IS one possible fix; he can add a small map covering the height of the area between Route 45 and Route 29 (to the east, and this can just be a continued downward extension of Route 45 to where it will meet Route 29) and fill in an appropriate border there. This might be the best option so that everything ties in the way it should. He'll need to cover the entire area or it will look wrong anywhere on the right of the map. (diego, if you're confused by this, send me the working copy on MSN and I'll do it.)

Cyclone

Hmm i see thanks for the detailed explanation i hope you guys work something out :)

Ill wait for a new patch before i start a new game again today i caught a legit shiny Slowpoke on Tohjo Falls and then had to delete my save bc i never use old saves for new versions of a game bc i fear that new bugs may be caused bc of that :(:D

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm i see thanks for the detailed explanation i hope you guys work something out :)

Ill wait for a new patch before i start a new game again today i caught a legit shiny Slowpoke on Tohjo Falls and then had to delete my save bc i never use old saves for new versions of a game bc i fear that new bugs may be caused bc of that :(:D
In some cases, no you shouldn't. However, in other cases, there isn't any problem whatsoever. It depends on the updates.

At this point, I'd back up that save so you can keep the Shiny Slowpoke. However, since you should not be able to trade it off (unless you work out a connection between your computer and DS, in which case I would love one :P ), it's pointless to bother keeping.

Cyclone

Soar

n00b
Years
Just loaded it up now. Cant wait to play :D
I'm a big fan of your hacks so it wouldn't surprise me if its good.
Any dont have time, must begin playthrough!

Gym Leader Whitney

Normal Type Gym Leader
Years
Quick questions.
Is this game going to implement the Phisical/Special move categories introduced in gen IV, or is it going to be like in gen III and bellow?

Next Question.
Do the Pokemon in CrystalDust have GenII learnsets?
(I ask this because I tried to teach Dig to my Piloswine and I couldn't, after some research I discored that Piloswine can only learn Dig in Gen III or above)

Gym Leader Whitney~

Years
@Cyclone
Haha i deleted the save already this was my best playthrough ever i got a pitchu from the Odd Egg and catched a male shiny slowpoke within a couple of hours :D
I hope something like this happens in the future on the final version of this hack :)
Id go crazy if id get a shiny steelix :D

@Whitney
There will be no physical/special and i think the pokemon learn the same moves they could in gen 3 games

@Diego
Is Dunsparce available in this hack or it will be when you add trainers special events from phone card i believe that in crystal you can get this pokemon if Hiker Anthony calls you and tells that they appeared inside Dark Cave or something like that
And can you check if a npc inside Dark Cave gives you the DarkGlasses i think there was a bug in a older version i played some time ago he would not give me this item idk if it works ok now
Also will you add different sounds after Oak rates your pokedex like in Crystal?
Finally, since you changed how those pokemon evolve maybe you will want to change this guys dialogue

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Are you gonna change Pokemons OWs aswell?
The Pidgey looks a bit weird when it looks down and the Red Gyarados could be improved a bit

I may, although I don't know how good I'll be. xD I'm more used to working with human, but we shall see. :) I'm probably going to get all the important trainers (Gym Leaders, E4 etc.) out of the way first though. :)

Back